Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Putting query result dynamically to one cell of table from shell Post 302979152 by meera_123 on Wednesday 10th of August 2016 04:21:40 AM
Old 08-10-2016
Hi Don ,
I am using redhat 6.4 x86_64 os.and using mysql.Query will be like " hive -e "use db; set mapred.job.queue.name=dd;select max(date_ship) from db.table;" .I am using hql.I want the result of this hql will print on 3rd cell of table.The out put of query will be like "2016-08-08".

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store query multiple result in shell script variable(Array)

:) Suppose,I have one table A. Table A have one column. Table A have 10 rows. I want this 10 rows store into shell script variable. like #!/bin/ksh v_shell_var=Hi here in call oracle , through loop How can I store table A's 10 rows into v_shell_var (Shell Script Array). Regards, Div (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: div_Neev
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put db2 query result into an array in shell script?

Hello, Can someone please advise me how to put the db2 query reult into an array? For example, the query reults are: string A string B string C Then how do I put them into array=string A array=string B ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanul
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to query Oracle table

Hi, unix gurnis I need help for following requirement for writing a shell scritp. log in to oracle database, query one table total records (select count(*) from table1), pass the return value to a file. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken002
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query the table and return values to shell script and search result values from another files.

Hi, I need a shell script, which would search the result values from another files. 1)execute " select column1 from table_name" query on the table. 2)Based on the result, need to be grep from .wft files. could please explain about this.Below is the way i am using. #!/bin/sh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies

5. Programming

Query result from shell script

Hi, I wrote the below script to get the query result from a Syabase DB. isql -s -U **** -P **** SYBASE SERVERNAME USE ***(Database name in Sybase) @command.sql But im not getting the output. Can anyone help me on this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohan G
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking information from a postgres sql query and putting it into a shell script array

I have a postgres sql statement that is the following: select age from students; which gives me the entries: Age --- 10 15 13 12 9 14 10 which is about 7 rows of data. Now what I would like to do with this is use a shell script to create an array age. As a results... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSNY
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting unable to send the sql query data in table in body of email

I have written a shell script that calls below sql file. It is not sending the query data in table in the body of email. spool table_update.html; SELECT * FROM PROCESS_LOG_STATS where process = 'ActivateSubscription'; spool off; exit; Please use code tags next time for your code and data.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharanakumar
9 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

SQL - how to alter info of a cell in table

Hello, I am newbie on mysql and trying to edit my database from terminal under linux. What I need to do is to change the information written in a cell in table. Let me explain what I tried: $ mysql -u mysqluser -p $ show databases; $ USE catalogue; $ show tables ; $ select * from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameterizing to dynamically generate the extract file from Oracle table using Shell Script

I have below 2 requirements for parameterize the generate the extract file from Oracle table using Shell Script. Could you please help me by modifying the script and show me how to execute it. First Requirement: I have a requirement where I need to parameterize to generate one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareshvikram
0 Replies
PSERVER(1)							      pserver								PSERVER(1)

NAME
pserver - NetWare print server SYNOPSIS
pserver [ -S server ] [ -h ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] [ -q queue name ] [ -c command ] [ -j job type ] [ -t timeout ] [ -d ] DESCRIPTION
pserver is a program that connects to print queues on NetWare servers and feeds incoming print jobs to the Linux printing system. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the print server name at the server. -P password password is the password to use for the print server at the server. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, pserver prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if the print server does not require a password. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. -q queue name queue name is the name of the print queue you want to service. -c command When a job is received from the print queue, pserver forks off a new process, and feeds the job file to stdin. command is the printing command that is executed for each job. The default command is 'lpr'. You can insert several flags into the command, preceded by %. These are replaced with values retrieved from the queue structure for the print job. %u: This field will be replaced by the name of the user who posted this print job. %d: This field will be replaced by the job description field of this print job. -j job type Each job in a NetWare print queue has a job type. For print jobs, this corresponds to the number of the form the job should be printed on. You can tell pserver that it should only receive jobs for one specific form from the queue. The default is -1, which means that everything is received. -t timeout Pserver is not informed by NetWare servers when new jobs arrive. So a polling scheme has to be used. When there are no jobs to service, timeout tells pserver how long to wait between two requests. The default is 30 seconds. When a job is finished, pserver asks the NetWare server immediately for a new job, and does not wait timeout seconds. -d Normally, pserver daemonizes itself. -d tells it not to do so. This is useful if you want to see the diagnostic messages that are printed when a error occurs. SEE ALSO
nwclient(5), slist(1), pqlist(1), ncpmount(8), ncpumount(8) CREDITS
pserver was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) pserver 10/22/1996 PSERVER(1)