Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combine multiple rows based on selected column keys Post 302979145 by linuxlearner123 on Wednesday 10th of August 2016 03:20:13 AM
Old 08-10-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Assingning a backspace character to a field does NOT remove it. Your above line will look like
Code:
<BS> FS <BS> FS <BS> FS <rest of record>

. While this may not be apparent when printing the line to a terminal, using it in further processing (analysing it, putting it into a DB) it may not react the way you would expect.
Yes, this is correct. When I tried the command with another file, it is essentially pasting rest of the record.

---------- Post updated at 02:20 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:06 AM ----------

@R.Singh:
The updated solution seems to be working correctly, for now. Will update thread if I run into any issues. Thank you Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

flags to suppress column output, # of rows selected in db2 sql in UNIX

Hello, I am new to db2 SQL in unix so bear with me while I try to explain the situation. I have a text file that has the contents of the where condition that I am using for a db2 SQL in UNIX ksh. Here is the snippet. if ; then echo "Begin processing VALUEs" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Joining files based on multiple keys

I need a script (perl or awk..anything is fine) to join 3 files based on three key columns. The no of non-key columns can vary in each file. The columns are delimited by semicolon. For example, File1 Dim1;Dim2;Dim3;Fact1;Fact2;Fact3;Fact4;Fact5 ---- data delimited by semicolon --- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sebben
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sorting csv file based on column selected

Hi all, in my csv file it'll look like this, and of course it may have more columns US to UK;abc-hq-jcl;multimedia UK to CN;def-ny-jkl;standard DE to DM;abc-ab-klm;critical FD to YM;la-yr-tym;standard HY to MC;la-yr-ytm;multimedia GT to KJ;def-ny-jrt;critical I would like to group... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tententen
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum a column value based on multiple keys

Hi, I have below as i/p file: 5ABC 36488989 K 000010000ASB BYTRES 5PQR 45757754 K 000200005KPC HGTRET 5ABC 36488989 K 000045000ASB HGTRET 5GTH 36488989 K 000200200ASB BYTRES 5FTU ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nirnkv
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files column to column based on keys

Here is my situation. I need to compare two tab separated files (diff is not useful since there could be known difference between files). I have found similar posts , but not fully matching.I was thinking of writing a shell script using cut and grep and while loop but after going thru posts it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackjack101
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to print only selected rows in a particular column specified by column name

Dear All, I have a data file input.csv like below. (Only five column shown here for example.) Data1,StepNo,Data2,Data3,Data4 2,1,3,4,5 3,1,5,6,7 3,2,4,5,6 5,3,5,5,6 From this I want the below output Data1,StepNo,Data2,Data3,Data4 2,1,3,4,5 3,1,5,6,7 where the second column... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

merging rows into new file based on rows and first column

I have 2 files, file01= 7 columns, row unknown (but few) file02= 7 columns, row unknown (but many) now I want to create an output with the first field that is shared in both of them and then subtract the results from the rest of the fields and print there e.g. file 01 James|0|50|25|10|50|30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: A-V
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please Help!!!! Awk for summing columns based on selected column value

a,b,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z,aa,bb,cc,dd,ee,ff,gg,hh,ii a thru ii are digits and strings.... The awk needed....if coloumn 9 == i (coloumn 9 is string ), output the sum of x's(coloumn 22 ) in all records and sum of y's (coloumn 23 ) in all records in a file (records.txt).... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrownBob
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Single Column into Multiple rows, but with strings to specific tab column

Dear fellows, I need your help. I'm trying to write a script to convert a single column into multiple rows. But it need to recognize the beginning of the string and set it to its specific Column number. Each Line (loop) begins with digit (RANGE). At this moment it's kind of working, but it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find All duplicates based on multiple keys

Hi All, Input.txt 123,ABC,XYZ1,A01,IND,I68,IND,NN 123,ABC,XYZ1,A01,IND,I67,IND,NN 998,SGR,St,R834,scot,R834,scot,NN 985,SGR0399,St,R180,T15,R180,T1,YY 985,SGR0399,St,R180,T15,R180,T1,NN 985,SGR0399,St,R180,T15,R180,T1,NN 2943,SGR?99,St,R68,Scot,R77,Scot,YY... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unme
2 Replies
Table(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  Table(3)

NAME
Tk::Table - Scrollable 2 dimensional table of Tk widgets SYNOPSIS
use Tk::Table; $table = $parent->Table(-rows => number, -columns => number, -scrollbars => anchor, -fixedrows => number, -fixedcolumns => number, -takefocus => boolean); $widget = $table->Button(...); $old = $table->put($row,$col,$widget); $old = $table->put($row,$col,"Text"); # simple Label $widget = $table->get($row,$col); $cols = $table->totalColumns; $rows = $table->totalRows; $table->see($widget); $table->see($row,$col); ($row,$col) = $table->Posn($widget); DESCRIPTION
Tk::Table is an all-perl widget/geometry manager which allows a two dimensional table of arbitary perl/Tk widgets to be displayed. Entries in the Table are simply ordinary perl/Tk widgets. They should be created with the Table as their parent. Widgets are positioned in the table using: $table->put($row,$col,$widget) If $widget is not a reference it is treated as a string, and a Lable widget is created with the string as its text. All the widgets in each column are set to the same width - the requested width of the widest widget in the column. Likewise, all the widgets in each row are set to the same height - the requested height of the tallest widget in the column. A number of rows and/or columns can be marked as 'fixed' - and so can serve as 'headings' for the remainder the rows which are scrollable. The requested size of the table as a whole is such that the number of rows specified by -rows (default 10), and number of columns specified by -columns (default 10) can be displayed. If the Table is told it can take the keyboard focus then cursor and scroll keys scroll the displayed widgets. The Table will create and manage its own scrollbars if requested via -scrollbars. The table can be emptied using $table->clear the widgets which were in the table are destroyed. The Tk::Table widget is derived from a Tk::Frame, so inherits all its configure options. BUGS
/ Snags / Possible enhancements o Very large Tables consume a lot of X windows. o No equivalent of pack's -anchor/-pad etc. options SEE ALSO
Tk::grid, Tk::HList, Tk::TableMatrix, Tk::MListbox, Tk::Columns perl v5.12.1 2007-11-08 Table(3)