Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Xargs, awk, match, if greater - as a one-liner Post 302979127 by jgt on Tuesday 9th of August 2016 07:52:32 PM
Old 08-09-2016
doesn't the expression in the if statement have to be enclosed in square brackets?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK greater than?

Sorry for such a basic question, but I have spent hours trying to work this out! I need an awk command (or similar) that will look at a text file and output to the screen if the 4th column of each line has a value greater than or equal to x. data.txt This is the 1 line This is the 2 line This... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk one liner

input a 100 200 300 b 400 10 output a 100 a 200 a 300 b 400 b 10 Thanx (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk one liner

I need a one liner to" find /pattern/ print from x lines before "pattern" to y lines after "pattern" (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenneth.mcbride
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need an awk one liner

example input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenneth.mcbride
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk one-liner?

Hello, I have two files... File #1 1 3 2 5 File #2 3 5 3 1 3 7 9 1 5 2 5 8 3 3 1 I need to extract all lines from File #2 where the first two columns match each line of File #1. So in the example, the output would be: 1 3 7 2 5 8 Is there a quick one-liner that would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need one liner to search pattern and print everything expect 6 lines from where pattern match made

i need to search for a pattern from a big file and print everything expect the next 6 lines from where the pattern match was made. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk one liner

The below code is a simple modified sample from a file with millions of lines containing hundreds of extra columns xxx="yyy" ... <app addr="1.2.3.4" rem="1000" type="aaa" srv="server1" usr="user1"/> <app usr="user2" srv="server2" rem="1001" type="aab" addr="1.2.3.5"/>What's the most efficient awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabrao
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed one Liner inverse range match-help required

cat test.txt a c d e g (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomG
2 Replies
BC(1)							      General Commands Manual							     BC(1)

NAME
bc - arbitrary-precision arithmetic language SYNOPSIS
bc [ -c ] [ -l ] [ file ... ] DESCRIPTION
Bc is an interactive processor for a language which resembles C but provides unlimited precision arithmetic. It takes input from any files given, then reads the standard input. The -l argument stands for the name of an arbitrary precision math library. The syntax for bc pro- grams is as follows; L means letter a-z, E means expression, S means statement. Comments are enclosed in /* and */. Names simple variables: L array elements: L [ E ] The words `ibase', `obase', and `scale' Other operands arbitrarily long numbers with optional sign and decimal point. ( E ) sqrt ( E ) length ( E ) number of significant decimal digits scale ( E ) number of digits right of decimal point L ( E , ... , E ) Operators + - * / % ^ (% is remainder; ^ is power) ++ -- (prefix and postfix; apply to names) == <= >= != < > = =+ =- =* =/ =% =^ Statements E { S ; ... ; S } if ( E ) S while ( E ) S for ( E ; E ; E ) S null statement break quit Function definitions define L ( L ,..., L ) { auto L, ... , L S; ... S return ( E ) } Functions in -l math library s(x) sine c(x) cosine e(x) exponential l(x) log a(x) arctangent j(n,x) Bessel function All function arguments are passed by value. The value of a statement that is an expression is printed unless the main operator is an assignment. Either semicolons or newlines may separate statements. Assignment to scale influences the number of digits to be retained on arithmetic operations in the manner of dc(1). Assignments to ibase or obase set the input and output number radix respectively. The same letter may be used as an array, a function, and a simple variable simultaneously. All variables are global to the program. `Auto' variables are pushed down during function calls. When using arrays as function arguments or defining them as automatic variables empty square brackets must follow the array name. For example scale = 20 define e(x){ auto a, b, c, i, s a = 1 b = 1 s = 1 for(i=1; 1==1; i++){ a = a*x b = b*i c = a/b if(c == 0) return(s) s = s+c } } defines a function to compute an approximate value of the exponential function and for(i=1; i<=10; i++) e(i) prints approximate values of the exponential function of the first ten integers. Bc is actually a preprocessor for dc(1), which it invokes automatically, unless the -c (compile only) option is present. In this case the dc input is sent to the standard output instead. FILES
/usr/lib/lib.b mathematical library dc(1) desk calculator proper SEE ALSO
dc(1) L. L. Cherry and R. Morris, BC - An arbitrary precision desk-calculator language BUGS
No &&, ||, or ! operators. For statement must have all three E's. Quit is interpreted when read, not when executed. BC(1)