Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find the directories and deleting with wild card Post 302979078 by victory on Tuesday 9th of August 2016 03:33:12 AM
Old 08-09-2016
Thanks for your help...This is working fine.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using if with wild card patterns

Hi, Please help me. Suppose I have a file which contains files like: My file :/tmp/rooh_20020518.lst it consists: ASI00320225041925URD01 ASI00320225041925KER02 ASI00390228095244KER08 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rooh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls and wild card - Should be simple!

I am trying to cp files that have F0 as prefix in their name in path p1/p2 to path p3/p4 this command does not work - Why? (I am using HP/UX) cp p1/p2/F0* p3/p4 thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GNMIKE
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wild card in find perm

Hi, Is there a way to use find command to list the directories for certain permissions. I know we can use find . -type d -perm nnn, where nnn is the permission number . However I wold like to know if I wanna search for wild card permissions i.e 75* / 7* / 55* , as i do not know the actual... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: braindrain
1 Replies

4. AIX

df, grep, wild card

Hi, I want to monitor my filesystem capacity and I want to df with grep wildcard for all 9*%. Is this possible? I want to replaced all the existing complicated scripts I have in the system. Thanks, Itik (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Existence of File with wild card using Csh

Hi All, I would like to find out the existence of files with wild card using CSH. I have used the below code but does not seem to work. Can any expert give me some advice ? set nonomatch set pattern = "_xxx" set filetype = ( *$pattern* ) if ( -e $filetype) then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting empty directories using find

Hello, I'm submitting this thread, because I was looking a way to delete empty directories using find and I found a thread from 2007 that helped me. I have worked from that threat, but I found that the command sent would analyze original directory and may delete it to. I have come up with expanded... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramirev
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep using wild card issue

Hi, I am having a file (file1) having following contents " xet B - All Divers/All Rivers - - ns - " Now when i use cat file1 | grep 'RF' it doesn't returns anything. But on using cat file1 | grep 'RF*' shows me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find with wild card [solved]

Can somebody help me with the following syntax? I want to find all files that end with *.arc SUFFIX=".arc" find /tmp -name "\*$SUFFIX" -print 2>/dev/null ---------- Post updated at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:41 PM ---------- got it thanks -name... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to find files using wild card search

Hi All, My server is AIX and i am trying to search for a file in a specific path in directory. The file name can be of two types: Position_20131114.csv Position123333_20131114.csv I am trying to assign a SOURCEFILE variable as mentioned below:, but i am unable to find/locate the files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find wild card directory and its files of some extensions

I want to use Find command to find directories that have certain name and them find files in that directory having only some extensions. So far, I have come up with this command to list directories with wild card name and list ALL the files in that directory. find . -type d -name prog\* -print... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sssccc
11 Replies
cd(1T)							       Tcl Built-In Commands							    cd(1T)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
cd - Change working directory SYNOPSIS
cd ?dirName? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Change the current working directory to dirName, or to the home directory (as specified in the HOME environment variable) if dirName is not given. Returns an empty string. Note that the current working directory is a per-process resource; the cd command changes the working directory for all interpreters and (in a threaded environment) all threads. EXAMPLES
Change to the home directory of the user fred: cd ~fred Change to the directory lib that is a sibling directory of the current one: cd ../lib SEE ALSO
filename(1T), glob(1T), pwd(1T) KEYWORDS
working directory ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl cd(1T)