Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Find command to exclude a specific path Post 302979031 by gsiva on Monday 8th of August 2016 05:49:41 AM
Old 08-08-2016
Hi Don,

I am using Redhat Linux and the command you have given has perfectly worked out for me..

Thanks.. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find command to exclude directories

Howdy I have this directory structure ... eep eepaptest eepfatest eepgltest eep.old eeppoptest ehf ehfaptest ehfgltest ehp ehpgltest I want to find files in these directories, but I want to exclude eep, ehf & ehp. Cany anyone help with the correct command ?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SmurfGGM
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a path of a specific file

Hi, A variable value is /home/samir/datas/data.txt I want /home/samir/datas. How can I get that. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: samir_standing
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Exclude multiple directories from find command?

Hi, Can some one help me how to exclude multiple directories using find command.. I have the directory structure below. /a/a1/b1 /a/c1/c2 /a/d1/d2/d3 I want to exlcude a1,c2and d3 from the above using find,can some one suggest pls.. thanks in advance... Use code tags... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - Find command to exclude sub-directories

Hi Forum. I'm trying to write a script that finds and deletes files that are older than 300 days. The script will read a table that contains the following 3 columns: 1st col: “Y” means sub-directory scan; "N" means no subdirectory scan 2nd col: sub-directory location 3rd col: File prefix... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SunOS: How to exclude directory in find command?

Hi All, First my OS version is: ksh:0$ uname -a SunOS 5.9 Generic_122300-48 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440 I want to exclude the following DIR(./country111) in my search pattern: ksh:0$ find . -name "*.tar" ./country111/COUNTRY_BATCH-801.tar ./country111/COUNTRY_BATCH-802.tar... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command with exclude

I had a Shell script that removes the files that are in a directory older than the specified days. find /test/files -mtime +10 I would like to add another condition to the find command above that is to exclude any file starting with ‘CGU' Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: db2dbac
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find command to exclude files with no extension

The below 'ls' command will list down files with extensions and suppress the ones with no extension ls |grep "\\." But this dosen't work when I apply the same logic using 'find' command find . -type f |grep "\\." I need help on how this logic can be implemented using 'find' command (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meenavin
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Solaris FIND: Exclude Specific Paths

Using Sol 10 + KSH. I need to run a find command on the whole system "/" and exclude a bunch of explicit directories and files that may or may not be on each system. I cannot use the -name because i dont want to exclude all dirs named just specific paths. -path/-wholename is not an option... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitrobass24
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How-To Exclude Directory in find command

How can i tweak the below find command to exclude directory/s -> "/tmp/logs" find . -type f \( ! -name "*.log*" ! -name "*.jar*" \) -printNote: -path option/argument does not work with the version of find that i have. bash-3.2$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-26 sun4v sparc sun4v (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude directories in FIND command

Can you please help tweak the below command to exclude all directories with the name "logs" and "tmp" find . -type f \( ! -name "*.tar*" ! -name "*.bkp*" \) -exec /usr/xpg4/bin/grep -i "user_1" /dev/null {} + >result.out bash-3.2$ uname -a SunOS mymac 5.10 Generic_150400-26 sun4v sparc sun4v... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies
CTERMD(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 CTERMD(8)

NAME
ctermd - CTERM services for Linux SYNOPSIS
ctermd [options] Options: [-dvVh] [-l logtype] DESCRIPTION
Allows remote users to connect as a terminal over DECnet. This application implements the CTERM protocol over DECnet for allowing a remote DECnet host emulating a DEC VT100 terminal to connect to Linux. Normally this daemon will be run from dnetd(8) rather than by hand. OPTIONS
-l Set logging options. The following are available: -lm Log to /dev/mono. (only useful if you have my mono monitor driver or mdacon and a second monitor) -le Log to stderr. Use this for debugging or testing combined with -d. -ls Log to syslog(3). This is the default if no options are given. -d Don't fork and run the background. Use this for debugging. -v Verbose. The more of these there are the more verbose ctermd will be. -h -? Displays help for using the command. -V Show the version of ctermd. EXAMPLES
Starting the ctermd daemon/Connecting to linux from a VAX. On Linux: # ctermd On the VAX: $ set host pclnx Ctermd Version 1.0.0 DECnet for Linux login: SEE ALSO
dntype(1), dndir(1), dndel(1), dntask(1), dnetd(8), dnping(1), sethost(1), dnetd.conf(5) DECnet utilities July 27 1998 CTERMD(8)