Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Print occurence number
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print occurence number Post 302978893 by rdrtx1 on Friday 5th of August 2016 08:52:49 AM
Old 08-05-2016
Code:
awk -F, '$0=++A[$1]OFS$0' infile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

first occurence and line number

Hi, My objective is to get the line number of the first occurance of the search pattern. my test.txt contains: ..... .................. total rows.... ................... .. total rejected rows: 40 total rejected rows: 50 total rejected rows: 80 total rejected rows: 90 total... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mercuryshipzz
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep the number of first occurence

File1.txt ....... ....... OMC LA OMC LK OMC LS ........ ........ Above is the content of File1.txt, i want to get the Number of Occurence to order, lets say if OMC LA = 1, OMC LS=3, and OMC LK=2.. omc_ident="OMC LA" or "OMC LK" or "OMC LS" omc_num=`grep '^OMC' File1.txt| grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neruppu
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number each occurence using sed

hi, I need to number each occurrence of a pattern within a file using sed. Given object 0000 object 111 object 222 I need following 1.object 0000 2.object 111 3.object 222 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print first occurence

Hi there, how can i print the first pattern occurrence in a .log file? I want to print the filename of the first 17262? I tried but all I can do is print all the lines with the number 17262? I tried using awk and sed but nothing!:wall: I just want filename! Here´s an example: 17259... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BMatter
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print between patterns - first occurence, second occurence etc

I have a file # cat asasas AAAAAA 11 22 33 44 BBBBB NILNILNIL AAAAAA 22 33 44 55 66 77 88 BBBBB NILNILNIL (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with using awk to print pattern/occurence

Hi, Do anybody know how to use awk to count the pattern at specific column? Input file M2A928K 419 ath-miR159a,gma-miR159a-3p,ptc-miR159a 60 miR235a . . Output file M2A928K 419 ath-miR159a,gma-miR159a-3p,ptc-miR159a 60 miR235a 3 . . I plan to count how many "miR" in column 3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match pattern and print the line number of occurence using awk

Hi, I have a simple problem but i guess stupid enough to figure it out. i have thousands rows of data. and i need to find match patterns of two columns and print the number of rows. for example: inputfile abd abp 123 abc abc 325 ndc ndc 451 mjk lkj... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: redse171
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split column into two on first occurence of any number

Input : abc def 1 xyz zzz bca cde 2 yyy xxx Expected output : abc def |1 xyz zzz bca cde |2 yyy xxx I have tried the command below and losing the number. Any help is greatly appreciated 1. sed 's//|/' num.txt Result: abc def | xyz zzz bca cde |... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kbsuryadev
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Add number of occurence

Good morning, I need help to add number of occurence based on column 1 & column 5 file input 81161267334|1|100000|81329998077|20150902 81161267334|1|50000|82236060161|20150902 81161268637|1|25000|81329012229|20150911 81161269307|1|25000|81327019134|20150901... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
3 Replies

10. Programming

Python Count Number Of Occurence

Hello, I have a programming assignment to count number of occurrences of hours in particular file. Below is the code: fname = raw_input("Enter file name: ") if len(fname) < 1 : fname = "mbox-short.txt" largest = None fh = open(fname) counts = dict() test = list() for line in fh: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: infinitydon
2 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)