Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help required to Print Single quote into a file Post 302978883 by imrandec85 on Friday 5th of August 2016 06:45:02 AM
Old 08-05-2016
Thanks RudiC & wisecracker. Solution provided by both of you worked for me.

RavinderSingh13, I was facing some other issue using commands provided.
Problem: The cursor is moving to next line [>] expecting some other commands i guess, anyways thank you for the response.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

single quote

Hi I have a shell script with many lines as below: comment on column dcases.proj_seq_num is dcases_1sq; .... .... I want the above script to be as below: comment on column dcases.proj_seq_num is 'dcases_1sq'; I want to have single quotes like that as above for the entire shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to print single quote in awk

Hi all, It is a very stupid problem but I am not able to find a solution to it. I am using awk to get a column from a file and I want to get the output field in between single quotes. For example, Input.txt 123 abc 321 ddff 433 dfg ........ I want output file to be as ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgoel
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to print single quote using awk

i want to print ' symbol using awk i tried: awk '{print " ' "}' awk '{print "\' "}' both not work please help me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex in grep to match all lines ending with a double quote (") OR a single quote (')

Hi, I've been trying to write a regex to use in egrep (in a shell script) that'll fetch the names of all the files that match a particular pattern. I expect to match the following line in a file: Name = "abc" The regex I'm using to match the same is: egrep -l '(^) *= *" ** *"$' /PATH_TO_SEARCH... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NanJ
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk problem: How to express the single quote(') by using awk print function

Actually I got a list of file end with *.txt I want to use the same command apply to all the *.txt Thus I try to find out the fastest way to write those same command in a script and then want to let them run automatics. For example: I got the file below: file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk print: howto single quote not interpreted!?

cat a | awk -F";" '{print "update db set column=' "$2" ' where column1=\""$1"\";"}' > ip-add.sql Hi! I'm a new user! i need to use single quote in the double quotes print string The apex between che "$2" should not be interpreted, but....how?! I'm trying to use \ but don't work correctly! ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Re DeL SiLeNziO
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you print a single quote character in AWK

How do you print out a single quote character in AWK? Using the escape character does not seem to work. {printf "%1$s %2$s%3$s%2$s\n" , "INCLUDE", " \' ", "THIS" } does not work. Any suggestions? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cold_Que
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace single quote with two single quotes in perl

Hi I want to replace single quote with two single quotes in a perl string. If the string is <It's Simpson's book> It should become <It''s Simpson''s book> (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DushyantG
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing all but the first and last double quote in a line with a single quote with awk

From: 1,2,3,4,5,This is a test 6,7,8,9,0,"This, is a test" 1,9,2,8,3,"This is a ""test""" 4,7,3,1,8,"""" To: 1,2,3,4,5,This is a test 6,7,8,9,0,"This; is a test" 1,9,2,8,3,"This is a ''test''" 4,7,3,1,8,"''"Is there an easy syntax I'm overlooking? There will always be an odd number... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single quote _error_.

Hi all... (This is Don's domain.) I have come across an anomaly in sh and dash compared to bash. It involves echoing a character set to a file in sh and dash compared to bash. It is probably easier to show the code and results first. #!/usr/local/bin/dash #!/bin/sh #!/bin/bash echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
4 Replies
GLFRONTFACE(3G) 														   GLFRONTFACE(3G)

NAME
glFrontFace - define front- and back-facing polygons C SPECIFICATION
void glFrontFace( GLenum mode ) PARAMETERS
mode Specifies the orientation of front-facing polygons. GL_CW and GL_CCW are accepted. The initial value is GL_CCW. DESCRIPTION
In a scene composed entirely of opaque closed surfaces, back-facing polygons are never visible. Eliminating these invisible polygons has the obvious benefit of speeding up the rendering of the image. To enable and disable elimination of back-facing polygons, call glEnable and glDisable with argument GL_CULL_FACE. The projection of a polygon to window coordinates is said to have clockwise winding if an imaginary object following the path from its first vertex, its second vertex, and so on, to its last vertex, and finally back to its first vertex, moves in a clockwise direction about the interior of the polygon. The polygon's winding is said to be counterclockwise if the imaginary object following the same path moves in a counterclockwise direction about the interior of the polygon. glFrontFace specifies whether polygons with clockwise winding in window coordinates, or counterclockwise winding in window coordinates, are taken to be front-facing. Passing GL_CCW to mode selects counterclock- wise polygons as front-facing; GL_CW selects clockwise polygons as front-facing. By default, counterclockwise polygons are taken to be front-facing. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if mode is not an accepted value. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glFrontFace is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_FRONT_FACE SEE ALSO
glCullFace, glLightModel GLFRONTFACE(3G)