Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Print word doc using lpr command Post 302978781 by PrashantTalele on Wednesday 3rd of August 2016 10:30:49 PM
Old 08-03-2016
Hi Robin,

I do think there is no way out without installation.
Thankyou though for your response. Will be closing this thread now.

Prashant Talele

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

lpr- how to print from page to page

hi all i have file_1 which contains 66 pages and i want to print only page 1 to 3 i try to write like this lp -d name_of_printer file_1 -P 1-7 this command does not work any ideas ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk search and print .doc extensions

Hello, I'm trying to grab all lines in a file that match the extension using the following command: awk '/.doc/' Input.csv > WordFiles.dat This works, but if a line contains "doc" it still prints the line. I want to print only the lines with ".doc" Can someone show how to pick up only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orahi001
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed command to print specific string between word and blank space

My source is on each line 98.194.245.255 - - "GET /disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=&drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN HTTP/1.1" 302 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to search for a particular word in files and print the word and path name

Hi, i am new to unix shell scripting and i need a script which would search for a particular word in all the files present in a directory. The output should have the word and file path name. For example: "word" "path name". Thanks for the reply in adv,:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtual_45
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to grep a word and print the whole line splitted into many

Hi, I need to search a word in the java file. Assume the line in the java file is, (the line was splitted into 3 lines) 1.operationContext.sendFeedback(2.FeedbackType.ERROR, null, "Input is empty.", "Input Details: pr 3.ovide Valid pair(s): "+pairType); When i grep for the word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tulasiram
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating word document (.doc) with attachment in unix solaris

Hi All, Is it possible to creation a word document (.doc) in unix solaris which includes an attachment (i.e similar to insert -> object add attachment in windows) Requirement is to add files into .doc and the files is present in unix servers. Is it possible to do this within unix instead... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajay547
5 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Word doc to pdf conversion?

I am trying to find a way to convert a Word doc saved in the XML format to a PDF file (that looks like the original Word doc). Yes, there are all kinds of ways to do this interactively. What I need is something that can be run as a background process so that when XML files are placed in a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garzon
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl lwp find word and print next word :)

hi all, I'm new there, I'm just playing with perl and lwp and I just successfully created a script for log in to a web site with post. I have a response but I would like to have something like this: I have in my response lines like: <div class="sender">mimi020</div> <some html code.....>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vogueestylee
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Lpr send to print a4 format and print letter format

Hi! How we are? I have an A4 PDF in my server, and i must send it to phisically printer. I use the comand: lpr -P printername -o media=A4 archive.pdf And the printer prints it in letter format, i don't know why. ¿Have ideas or solution? Thanks, my best regards. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcastellini
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific word and print only the word from the input file

Hi, I have a sample file as shown below, I am looking for sed or any command which prints the complete word only from the input file. Ex: $ cat "sample.log" I am searching for a word which is present in this file We can do a pattern search using grep but I need to cut only the word which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies
pkgask(1M)																pkgask(1M)

NAME
pkgask - stores answers to a request script SYNOPSIS
pkgask [-d device] [-R root_path] -r response pkginst... pkgask allows the administrator to store answers to an interactive package (one with a request script, that is, a user-created file that must be named request). Invoking this command generates a response file that is then used as input at installation time. The use of this response file prevents any interaction from occurring during installation since the file already contains all of the information the pack- age needs. The following options are supported -d device Run the request script for a package on device. device can be a directory pathname or the identifiers for tape, floppy disk or removable disk (for example, /var/tmp, /dev/diskette, and /dev/dsk/c1d0s0). The default device is the installation spool directory. -R root_path Define the full path name of a directory to use as the root_path. All files, including package system information files, are relocated to a directory tree starting in the specified root_path. Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -R option. Doing so might damage the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). -r response Identify a file or directory which should be created to contain the responses to interaction with the package. The name must be a full pathname. The file, or directory of files, can later be used as input to the pkgadd(1M) command. The following operands are supported: pkginst Specify the package instance, or list of instances for which request scripts will be created. The token all may be used to refer to all packages available on the source medium. 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), pkgmk(1), pkgparam(1), pkgproto(1), pkgtrans(1), installf(1M), pkgadd(1M), pkgchk(1M), pkgrm(1M), removef(1M), admin(4),attributes(5) The -r option can be used to indicate a directory name as well as a filename. The directory name is used to create numerous response files, each sharing the name of the package with which it should be associated. This would be used, for example, when you will be adding multiple interactive packages with one invocation of pkgadd(1M). Each package would need a response file. To create multiple response files with the same name as the package instance, name the directory in which the files should be created and supply multiple instance names with the pkgask command. When installing the packages, you will be able to identify this directory to the pkgadd(1M) command. If the default admin file is too restrictive, the administration file may need to be modified to allow for total non-interaction during a package installation. Seeadmin(4) for details. 6 Apr 2005 pkgask(1M)