Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux ClamTK virusscanner
Special Forums Cybersecurity Linux ClamTK virusscanner Post 302978778 by galien8 on Wednesday 3rd of August 2016 07:32:17 PM
Old 08-03-2016
Linux ClamTK virusscanner?

ClamTK virus scanner finds each day the same viruses, I delete them, but each day they are refreshed. Some say that are harmless (to LINUX) and only windows viruses, and that ClamTK is only for windows viruses, so that a LINUX server does not distribute them among windows client computers that he is serving.

Example:
Code:
PUA.Html,Exploit.CVE_2015_1692-1

Is to me a Day Zero LINUX Exploit in Html code, so platform independent, comes in Mozilla subdirectories, can within the FireFox browser mess up the system

Example:
Code:
PUA.Win.Trojan.Xored-1

(comes in Mozilla subdirectories too)

Are these only for LINUX harmless windows viruses? And is it correct that ClamTK is meant for LINUX servers serving windows clients, as it only tracks down windows viruses?

Anyway, when I leave them on the machine, system becomes non responsive, can freeze, to a point that you don't have functionality any more, not even LINUX main menu, only mouse can move.

Sometimes they come on my system while I had only Google, Gmail en Facebook TABS open in FireFox

So they must come through the ports, however I got Gufw Firewall:
Code:
Profile Public (High Risk)
Incoming: Deny
Outgoing: Allow

Last edited by rbatte1; 08-08-2016 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: More info and forgot questions - rbatte1 added CODE tags for output

ClamTk(1)							      ClamTk								 ClamTk(1)

NAME
ClamTk - Graphical user interface (gui) for Clam AntiVirus SYNOPSIS
clamtk clamtk file clamtk directory DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the clamtk commands. clamtk is a frontend for Clam AntiVirus. It is designed to be a lightweight, easy-to-use, on-demand GUI virus scanner. clamtk is written using gtk2-perl. OPTIONS
There are currently no commandline options except for those noted in the synopsis. There is no point in commandline options since one can use clamscan for that. ClamTk accepts a file or directory so that a user can right-click on a file or directory and send it to be scanned. DIAGNOSTICS
You may have to edit freshclam.conf and clamd.conf prior to attempting signature updates. See the Clam AntiVirus documentation for more. SEE ALSO
clamscan(1), freshclam(1), sigtool(1). AUTHOR
ClamTk was written by Dave M <dave.nerd@gmail.com>. Bug reports should be filed at https://launchpad.net/clamtk. See the README, DISCLAIMER and LICENSE for more information. Dave M. May 6, 2011 ClamTk(1)