Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux ClamTK virusscanner
Special Forums Cybersecurity Linux ClamTK virusscanner Post 302978778 by galien8 on Wednesday 3rd of August 2016 07:32:17 PM
Old 08-03-2016
Linux ClamTK virusscanner?

ClamTK virus scanner finds each day the same viruses, I delete them, but each day they are refreshed. Some say that are harmless (to LINUX) and only windows viruses, and that ClamTK is only for windows viruses, so that a LINUX server does not distribute them among windows client computers that he is serving.

Example:
Code:
PUA.Html,Exploit.CVE_2015_1692-1

Is to me a Day Zero LINUX Exploit in Html code, so platform independent, comes in Mozilla subdirectories, can within the FireFox browser mess up the system

Example:
Code:
PUA.Win.Trojan.Xored-1

(comes in Mozilla subdirectories too)

Are these only for LINUX harmless windows viruses? And is it correct that ClamTK is meant for LINUX servers serving windows clients, as it only tracks down windows viruses?

Anyway, when I leave them on the machine, system becomes non responsive, can freeze, to a point that you don't have functionality any more, not even LINUX main menu, only mouse can move.

Sometimes they come on my system while I had only Google, Gmail en Facebook TABS open in FireFox

So they must come through the ports, however I got Gufw Firewall:
Code:
Profile Public (High Risk)
Incoming: Deny
Outgoing: Allow

Last edited by rbatte1; 08-08-2016 at 06:00 AM.. Reason: More info and forgot questions - rbatte1 added CODE tags for output

MAKETEXT(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       MAKETEXT(1)

NAME
maketext - translate and make messages SYNOPSIS
maketext [OPTION] [--domain=TEXTDOMAIN] MSGKEY [PARAM...] maketext [OPTION] -s MSGID [PARAM...] DESCRIPTION
The "maketext" script translates a natural language message into the user's language, by looking up the translation in a message MO file, and process the plural transformation with Maketext. The "maketext" script is a command-line interface to Locale::Maketext::Gettext(3) (and Locale::Maketext(3)). It can be used in shell scripts, etc, to translate, maketext and return the result. By this way, it enables Maketext to be integrated into other programming languages/systems, like bash/csh, python, PHP, C, etc. It works like the command-line program gettext. For example: % maketext -s "[*,_1,virus was,viruses were] found in [*,_2,file,files]." 0 1 0 viruses were found in 1 file. % maketext -s "[*,_1,virus was,viruses were] found in [*,_2,file,files]." 1 3 1 virus was found in 3 files. % OPTIONS
-d,--domain=TEXTDOMAIN Retrieve translated messages from TEXTDOMAIN. -s Adds a new line to the end of the output so that it behaves like the `echo' or the `gettext' command. -h,--help Display the help messages. -V,--version Display version information and exit. MSGKEY The original text used to look up translated text. PARAM... Parameters to Maketext for the plural and other text functions. ENVIRONMENT
TEXTDOMAIN TEXTDOMAIN is used to determine the text domain when the -d parameter is not given. TEXTDOMAINDIR TEXTDOMAINDIR is used to search the message catelog/MO file if it does not reside in the system locale directories. NOTES
Maketext language function override, like "quant" or "numerate", is not available here. Suggestions are welcome. The current system locale directory search order is: /usr/share/locale, /usr/lib/locale, /usr/local/share/locale, /usr/local/lib/locale. Suggestions are welcome. BUGS
Report bugs to imacat <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw> SEE ALSO
Locale::Maketext(3), Locale::Maketext::TPJ13(3), Locale::Maketext::Gettext(3), Locale::Maketext::Gettext::Functions(3), bindtextdomain(3), textdomain(3). Also, please refer to the official GNU gettext manual at <http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/>. AUTHOR
imacat <imacat@mail.imacat.idv.tw> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003-2007 imacat. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 MAKETEXT(1)