Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting High availability of a process between two Linux servers Post 302978735 by Mahesh_RPM on Wednesday 3rd of August 2016 06:35:33 AM
Old 08-03-2016
Post# 1 High availability of a process between two Linux servers

Hey Robin,

I wrote a sample script to run in infinite loop and check the pid if it exists then create an ALIVE_master if not DOWN_master message in a logfile which will be synced to slave server using rsync every 2 mins, on the slave side there is a script to read the log file every 2 mins and see if its down then trigger the application start script if not stay alive.

so far its ok to send a message using log to slave but i want the same to be happend when Slave takes over which I'm not sure how to accomplish.

Please suggest if you have better idea.

I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.2 (Maipo) and I prefer to use Bash Script.

Thank you Smilie

Last edited by Mahesh_RPM; 08-03-2016 at 07:47 AM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

High availability/Load balancing

Hi folks, (Sorry I don't know what its technology is termed exactly. High Availability OR load balancing) What I'm going to explore is as follows:- For example, on Physical Servers; Server-1 - LAMP, a working server Server-2 - LAMP, for redundancy While Server-1 is working all... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

iscsi high availability

Hi, I want to set up a iscsi high availability with sheepdog distributed storage. Here is my system set up. Four nodes with sheepdog distributed storage and i am sharing this storage through iscsi using two nodes as well as using a virtual ip set up using ucarp.Two nodes using same iqn. And... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jobycxa
0 Replies

3. AIX

AIX high availability 1-3/69

Hi, Can someone help and give the answer for the following questions: 1. When PowerHA SystemMirror 7.1 is installed on AIX 7.1, what RSCT component does Cluster Aware AIX (CAA) replace? A. Group Services B. Resource Manager C. Topology Services D. Resource Monitoring and Control... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: walterchang100
2 Replies

4. Solaris

High availability

hi guys I posted problem last time I didn't find answer to my issue. my problem is as below: I have two servers which work as an actif/standby in high availability system. but when i use command HASTAT -a i have the following message: couldn' find actif node. the servers are sun... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zineb06
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Redhat: High Availability

Hi, I want to create gfs storage. But getting error as below: --> Finished Dependency Resolution Error: Package: pacemaker-1.1.12-22.el7_1.2.x86_64 (rhel-ha-for-rhel-7-server-eus-rpms) Requires: sbd You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem You could try... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mzainal
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Email Server High Availability

Hello, We are planning to setup a Email server with High Availability for email services so that if SMTP/POP/IMAP goes down on one server, the services switch to second server. We are planning to use a Linux machines from a hosting provider and will do it using DNS with multiple MX records with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
0 Replies
tels(7) 						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						   tels(7)

NAME
tels, telm - STREAMS Telnet slave (pseudo-terminal) driver, STREAMS Telnet master driver (used by telnetd only), respectively SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
A Telnet pseudo-terminal consists of a tightly-coupled pair of character devices, called the master device and slave device. The master and slave device drivers work together to provide a Telnet connection on the server side where the master provides a connection to and the slave provides a terminal device special file access for the Telnet application processes, as depicted below: -------------------------- | Pseudo terminal functions| Application <--> |--------------------------| <--> telnetd Processes | Slave | Master | | (tels) | (telm) | -------------------------- The slave driver, with (STREAMS pty emulation module) and (STREAMS line discipline module) pushed on top (not shown for simplicity), pro- vides a terminal interface as described in termio(7). Whereas devices that provide the terminal interface described in termio(7) have a hardware device behind them; in contrast, the slave device has manipulating it through the master side of the Telnet pseudo terminal. There are no nodes in the file system for each individual master device. Rather, the master driver is set up as a STREAMS clone(7) driver with its major device number set to the major for the clone driver and its minor device number set to the major for the driver. The master driver is opened by telnetd using the open(2) system call with as the device file parameter. The clone open finds the next available minor number for the master device. The master device is available only if it and its corresponding slave device are not already opened. In order to use the STREAMS Telnet subsystem, a node for the master driver and N number of Telnet slave devices must be installed. The number of slave devices is set by a kernel tunable parameter called This can be modified using SAM; its default and minimum value is 60. The value of is the upper limit of the number of telnet sessions that can be opened. Multiple opens are allowed on the Telnet slave device. The master and slave drivers pass all STREAMS messages to their adjacent drivers. When the connection is closed from the Telnet client side, an message is sent to the corresponding slave device which will render that slave device unusable. The process on the slave side gets the errno when attempting a write(2) system call to the slave device file but it will be able to read any data remaining in the slave stream. Finally, when all the data has been read, the read(2) system call will return 0, indicating that the slave can no longer be used. AUTHOR
and were developed by HP. FILES
Streams Telnet master clone device Streams slave devices where N is the minor number of the slave device and 0 < N < SEE ALSO
insf(1M), open(2), ioctl(2), streamio(7), ldterm(7), telnetd(1M), ptem(7). tels(7)