Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Print word doc using lpr command Post 302978730 by rbatte1 on Wednesday 3rd of August 2016 06:04:37 AM
Old 08-03-2016
Are you asking for a command-line to convert from one format to the other, perhaps with something magical like a one-line awk to reformat it? I think that there are companies that sell this sort of thing for the reason that it is very complex, however there may be some free tools out there.

I found this very useful:- linux convert doc to pdf

They will, of course, have to be installed so that breaks your requirement I'm afraid. Smilie

Robin

Last edited by rbatte1; 08-03-2016 at 07:05 AM.. Reason: rolleyes
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

lpr- how to print from page to page

hi all i have file_1 which contains 66 pages and i want to print only page 1 to 3 i try to write like this lp -d name_of_printer file_1 -P 1-7 this command does not work any ideas ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk search and print .doc extensions

Hello, I'm trying to grab all lines in a file that match the extension using the following command: awk '/.doc/' Input.csv > WordFiles.dat This works, but if a line contains "doc" it still prints the line. I want to print only the lines with ".doc" Can someone show how to pick up only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orahi001
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed command to print specific string between word and blank space

My source is on each line 98.194.245.255 - - "GET /disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=&drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN HTTP/1.1" 302 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to search for a particular word in files and print the word and path name

Hi, i am new to unix shell scripting and i need a script which would search for a particular word in all the files present in a directory. The output should have the word and file path name. For example: "word" "path name". Thanks for the reply in adv,:) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtual_45
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to grep a word and print the whole line splitted into many

Hi, I need to search a word in the java file. Assume the line in the java file is, (the line was splitted into 3 lines) 1.operationContext.sendFeedback(2.FeedbackType.ERROR, null, "Input is empty.", "Input Details: pr 3.ovide Valid pair(s): "+pairType); When i grep for the word... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tulasiram
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating word document (.doc) with attachment in unix solaris

Hi All, Is it possible to creation a word document (.doc) in unix solaris which includes an attachment (i.e similar to insert -> object add attachment in windows) Requirement is to add files into .doc and the files is present in unix servers. Is it possible to do this within unix instead... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajay547
5 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

Word doc to pdf conversion?

I am trying to find a way to convert a Word doc saved in the XML format to a PDF file (that looks like the original Word doc). Yes, there are all kinds of ways to do this interactively. What I need is something that can be run as a background process so that when XML files are placed in a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: garzon
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl lwp find word and print next word :)

hi all, I'm new there, I'm just playing with perl and lwp and I just successfully created a script for log in to a web site with post. I have a response but I would like to have something like this: I have in my response lines like: <div class="sender">mimi020</div> <some html code.....>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vogueestylee
3 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Lpr send to print a4 format and print letter format

Hi! How we are? I have an A4 PDF in my server, and i must send it to phisically printer. I use the comand: lpr -P printername -o media=A4 archive.pdf And the printer prints it in letter format, i don't know why. ¿Have ideas or solution? Thanks, my best regards. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcastellini
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a specific word and print only the word from the input file

Hi, I have a sample file as shown below, I am looking for sed or any command which prints the complete word only from the input file. Ex: $ cat "sample.log" I am searching for a word which is present in this file We can do a pattern search using grep but I need to cut only the word which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan_kumarcs
1 Replies
printmgr(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      printmgr(1M)

NAME
printmgr - Solaris Print Manager is a graphical user interface for managing printers in a network SYNOPSIS
/usr/sadm/admin/bin/printmgr DESCRIPTION
Solaris Print Manager is a Java-based graphical user interface that enables you to manage local and remote printer access. This tool can be used in the following name service environments: LDAP, NIS, NIS+, and files. You must be logged in as superuser to use this tool. Using Solaris Printer Manager is the preferred method for managing printer access because Solaris Print Manager centralizes printer infor- mation when it is used in a name service environment. Adding printer information to a name service makes access to printers available to all systems on the network and generally makes printer administration easier because all the information about printers is centralized. Solaris Print Manager may be run on a remote system with the display sent to the local system. See the System Administration Guide: Advanced Administration for instructions on setting the DISPLAY environment variable. Using Solaris Print Manager to perform printer-related tasks automatically updates the appropriate printer databases. Solaris Print Manager also includes a command-line console that displays the lp command line for the add, modify, and delete printer operations. Errors and warn- ings may also be displayed when Printer Manager operations are performed. Help is available by clicking the <Help> button. USAGE
Solaris Print Manager enables you to do the following tasks: Select a Name Service Select a name service for retrieving or changing printer information. Add Access to a Printer Add printer access on a printer client using Solaris Print Manager. Add an Attached Printer After physically attaching the printer to a system, use Solaris Print Manager to install a local printer and make it available for printing. Add a Network Printer After physically attaching the printer to a system, use Solaris Print Manager to install a local printer and make it available for printing. Modify Printer Properties After adding access to a printer or adding an attached or network printer, you can modify certain printer attributes. Delete a Printer Delete access to a printer from the print client or delete a printer from the print server or from the name service environment. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWppm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ldap(1), lpget(1M), lpset(1M), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: Advanced Administration for information on LDAP server replication. Although users can use the LDAP command line utilities ldapadd(1) and ldapmodify(1)to update printer entries in the directory, the pre- ferred method is to use lpset. Otherwise, if the lpadd and lpmodify utilities are used, the administrator must ensure that the printer-name attribute value is unique within the ou=printers container on the LDAP server. If the value is not unique, the result of modifications done using lpset or the Solaris Print Manager, printmgr(1M) may be unpredictable. SunOS 5.10 23 May 2003 printmgr(1M)