Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 11 man pages won't show on CLI Post 302978714 by nazimbilir on Tuesday 2nd of August 2016 11:52:14 PM
Old 08-03-2016
Solaris 11 man pages won't show on CLI

Thank you guys..This code did the magic.
Code:
pkg install doctools

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Man pages

Hello , I just installed openssh in my system . I actually tried to man sshd but it says no entry , though there is a man directory in the installation which have the man pages for sshd . Can anyone tell me how should i install these man pages . DP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DPAI
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi, I've written now a man pages, but I don't knwo how to get 'man' to view them. Where have I to put this files, which directories are allowed?? THX Bensky (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bensky
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

Hi folks, I want to know all the commands for which man pages are available. How do i get it? Cheers, Nisha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man pages

When reading man pages, I notice that sometimes commands are follwed by a number enclosed in parenthesis. such as: mkdir calls the mkdir(2) system call. What exactly does this mean? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing man pages on Solaris 10

I am doing some new SOlaris Installs and the man pages do not seem to be included. Do you know how I can add them after the fact? Thanks! Aaron (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amheck
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 man pages

Hi there, Ive just installed Solaris 10 from DVD and when trying to access the man pages, I get this # man ls No manual entry for ls. so I set MANPATH to /usr/share/man where all the man pages seem to be located, and i get the same result !!! Is there something else I have to do, ie... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Man pages on Solaris 10

Hi, I want to install man pages package from solaris 10. Solaris 10 has already been installed on my servor but I have to add the man pages packages. I search for a long time on internet this package but I didn't find a compatible one... So I downloaded Solaris 10 from Sun site to get this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MasterapocA
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris man pages online

Anybody found where Oracle have hidden the Solaris 10 "man" pages in their new website? My saved links don't work any more. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: methyl
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Looking for some man pages.

Can anyone supply me with the man pages for: omnidatalist omnibarlist omnisap.exe I prefer the source man pages in nroff format. A clue about the software bundles which supply these man pages is fine as well. OS: HP-UX TIA (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb008
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

gcc man pages not found under Solaris 10

Hi friends, When I try to see the man pages of gcc, man gcc I see No manual entry for gcc. Could you help me please. I am running solaris 10 Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)