Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with a code.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with a code. Post 302978412 by RavinderSingh13 on Saturday 30th of July 2016 02:32:23 AM
Old 07-30-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirjhar17
Thanks for your help! I am trying on Cygwin and i am not getting any output from the code provided. Also, if you look in your output you are also receiving "State" after Retention Level, But my requirement is i want to take "State" only after the Name.

E.g
Code:
Name :- MEANS_SLP_DAILY
State  :- inactive  " i want this one"

Retention Level: 3 (1 month)
 State: active "no need"

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags for all sample input, sample output, and code segments.
Hello nirjhar17,

I don't have cygwin o.s with me so couldn't test it, that is why it is recomended to let us know all the terms and condition into your very first post along with your O.S name in which you are expecting the code to work. Could you please try following and let me know how it goes then.
Code:
awk '($0 ~ /^Name:/ && NR !=1){print A;A="";} {if((q ~ /^Name:/ && $0 ~ /^State:/) || ($0 !~ /^State:/)){A=A?A OFS $0:$0}};{q=$0}' OFS="\t"  Input_file

Output will be as follows.
Code:
Name: MEANS_SLP_DAILY	State: inactive	Retention Level: 3 (1 month)	Retention Level: 3 (1 month)	Retention Level: 3 (1 month)
Name: MEANS_SLP_WEEKLY	State: inactive	Retention Level: 3 (1 month)	Retention Level: 3 (1 month)	Retention Level: 3 (1 month)

Thanks,
R. Singh

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

problem with this code

This code is not working properly because it dont open the requested file. I am not able to find out what the error is?? can anyone fix the error for me?? #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/wait.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <unistd.h> #include... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: badshah
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp code problem

Hello I am trying to write a script that sends files via ftp from one server to another, i am using AIX 5.1. and bash shell to write my code. I get an error when trying to run the following lines of code ftp -n aptsbou01 <<! user $username $password binary ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kswaraj
4 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Problem compiling C++ Code in Cygwin

Hello everyone. I just recently installed Cygwin and I am running it under Windows 7. My problem is that I cannot seem to compile any C++ code with g++. I've tried to compile C Code using gcc and that works just fine. But Whenever I try to compile some C++ code, g++ throws a whole bunch of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anlex
6 Replies

4. Programming

Code problem

Hey just wondering if someone can tell me the right line of code to use. Basically my product codes for an ecommerce site all begin with three letters and an '/' sign e.g ABC/1234 would map to the brand ABC in my excell file(product upload mapping) This was done as the csv generating from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: romeo5577
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code Out of memory problem

Hi I am working with a 3.0 GB file and running the following script to process it. After running for 15 minutes, the script stops saying Out of memory or Killed. Can the experts suggest where my code can be improved to save memory? Thanks in advance. #! usr/bin/perl use warnings; open... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: polsum
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Escape code problem again

Now theres another problem. I would like to output not just a colored block, but how would I output not a solid block character, but a shaded block instead? Please help. I'm writing a library for these codes and this would really help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinman47
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unknown (probably) simple problem with my code

I'm relatively new to both UNIX and Linux and slightly less new at programming. But I can't figure out why this won't run properly. It's meant to calculate the GCD of two numbers (simple enough, you'd think). And I designed it myself and it looks good to me and my instructor won't respond. If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sevchenko
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with a code.

Guys i have one file and i want the o/p from that file like below This is my sample file and i want three things from it. Name: State just below the Name: dont want the state under the Retention Level: And retention Level Name: MEANS_SLP_DAILY State:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nirjhar17
1 Replies
State(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  State(3)

NAME
State - A package to keep track of plotting commands SYNOPSIS
use PDL::Graphics::State; DESCRIPTION
This is a very simple, at present almost trivial, package to keep track of the current set of plotting commands. USAGE
You create a new object by calling the "new" operator $state = PDL::Graphics::State->new(); Then for each new command you call "add" on this object so that for a call to "line" of the form line $x, $y, $opt; the call to "add" would be like $state->add(&line, 'line', [$x, $y], $opt); which is stored internally as: [&line, 'line', [$x, $y], $opt] The state can later be extracted using "get" which returns the state object which is an array of anonymous arrays like the one above where the first object is a reference to the function, the second an anomymous array of arguments to the function and finally an anonymous hash with options to the command. If you know the order in which you inserted commands they can be removed by calling "remove" with the number in the stack. No further interaction is implmented except "clear" which clears the stack and "copy" which returns a "deep" copy of the state. AUTHOR
Jarle Brinchmann (jarle@astro.ox.ac.uk) after some prodding by Karl Glazebrook. All rights reserved. There is no warranty. You are allowed to redistribute this software / documentation under certain conditions. For details, see the file COPYING in the PDL distribution. If this file is separated from the PDL distribution, the copyright notice should be included in the file. perl v5.12.1 2009-10-17 State(3)