Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat What are Linux configuration changes required after a cloned VM Server is started? Post 302978355 by rbatte1 on Friday 29th of July 2016 10:41:30 AM
Old 07-29-2016
I would go for network mainly
  • IP address (to avoid conflict with original)
  • Hostname
  • SSH server keys - delete /etc/ssh/*keys* & restart sshd to generate new ones for this server
  • Delete all .ssh directories
  • Erase old syslog files and null the 'live' files
  • Purge queued mail files
  • Stop the cron service and review all the jobs
  • Change the root password

How did you clone? Is this just a copy of the OS disk perhaps? Detach the network before bringing it up and logging on through the console to do most of this.

Just a few things to be getting on with. Any more from any more?

Robin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please get me started on my virtual server

I've been given access to a virtual server. I've worked out how to connect with it using SSH (in my unix terminal window). But I'm clueless about how to continue. The last time I made web services. I had a fancy web-based control panel. Now I just have the command line. There are three... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: knownothing
1 Replies

2. Solaris

X-Server cannot be started on display 0

Iam using a Dell laptop..... i installed Solaris 10.... 'm getting a X-Server cannot be started on display 0 error. Can anyone help me in fixing ??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathnag25
2 Replies

3. Solaris

The X-Server can not be started on display :0

Hey Guys, I have just moved my machine to a new location and reconfigured my DNS and ip... and for an unknown reason I get this X-Server can not be started error on startup. This is what I got in my Xerrors log: It is possible to start a graphical session (X-Server) manually, ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wasabihowdi
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

samba server configuration on linux.

Today I have configured samba server on my linux machine .I thought it would be better if i share it here and get feedback from an experienced users. This configuration is based on Redhat release 5. # lsb_release -a LSB Version: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check server configuration in Linux

Hi, How do i check the server configuration in Linux like the RAM size, OS version, type of database configured etc...basically i need everything about the server. Is there a command to see this information?? Thanks in advance!!! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunnerz_84
7 Replies

6. Solaris

X-Server can not be started on display 0

hi , I have install Oracle solaris 10 8/11 on intel core i5 server. But its not opening in graphic mode showing message X-Server can not be started on display ... (EE) Unable to locate/open config file Drivers to try are: "intel" "i810" "fbdev" "vesa" vga" (EE) failed to load module "dri"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeeshan047
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

RHEL 4 Server con't Started....

Hi Friends, My Server is con't stated..it shows the below error.. Red hat exterprise Linux As Release 4(nahat) kernel 2.6.9-5.ELsmp on an i686 INIT : id "x" respawing too fast :disabled for 5 minutes... Please help help Thanks, Srinivas (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srinivas814
1 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Configuration of Linux cluster managment on Red Hat 5.x server

Hi Experts, I have question regarding linux cluster managment on Red Hat 5.x server. When I try to install 'luci' or 'ricci' in one of our linux servers it is giving me below error:- yum install luci Loaded plugins: katello, product-id, rhnplugin, security, subscription-manager Updating... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

X-Server can not be started on display :0

Good Morning, I recently cloned a sunblade 2500 to another sunblade 2500 and had an issue getting the GUI: X-Server can not be started on display :0 The issue was that the first machine had an xvr600 graphics card, and the new machine had an xvr100. Installing a new driver took... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
0 Replies
Net::Server::Fork(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Net::Server::Fork(3)

NAME
Net::Server::Fork - Net::Server personality SYNOPSIS
use base qw(Net::Server::Fork); sub process_request { #...code... } __PACKAGE__->run(); DESCRIPTION
Please read the pod on Net::Server first. This module is a personality, or extension, or sub class, of the Net::Server module. This personality binds to one or more ports and then waits for a client connection. When a connection is received, the server forks a child. The child handles the request and then closes. With the exception of parent/child signaling, this module will work (with basic functionality) on Win32 systems. ARGUMENTS
check_for_dead Number of seconds to wait before looking for dead children. This only takes place if the maximum number of child processes (max_servers) has been reached. Default is 60 seconds. max_servers The maximum number of children to fork. The server will not accept connections until there are free children. Default is 256 children. max_dequeue The maximum number of dequeue processes to start. If a value of zero or undef is given, no dequeue processes will be started. The number of running dequeue processes will be checked by the check_for_dead variable. check_for_dequeue Seconds to wait before forking off a dequeue process. It is intended to use the dequeue process to take care of items such as mail queues. If a value of undef is given, no dequeue processes will be started. CONFIGURATION FILE
See Net::Server. PROCESS FLOW
Process flow follows Net::Server until the post_accept phase. At this point a child is forked. The parent is immediately able to wait for another request. The child handles the request and then exits. HOOKS
The Fork server has the following hooks in addition to the hooks provided by the Net::Server base class. See Net::Server "$self->pre_accept_hook()" This hook occurs just before the accept is called. "$self->post_accept_hook()" This hook occurs in the child after the accept and fork. "$self->run_dequeue()" This hook only gets called in conjunction with the check_for_dequeue setting. HOT DEPLOY
Since version 2.000, the Fork server has accepted the TTIN and TTOU signals. When a TTIN is received, the max_servers is increased by 1. If a TTOU signal is received the max_servers is decreased by 1. This allows for adjusting the number of handling processes without having to restart the server. AUTHOR
Paul Seamons <paul@seamons.com> Rob Brown <bbb@cpan.org> SEE ALSO
Please see also Net::Server::INET, Net::Server::PreFork, Net::Server::MultiType, Net::Server::SIG Net::Server::Single perl v5.18.2 2013-01-09 Net::Server::Fork(3)