Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Apt-get
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Apt-get Post 302978315 by zaxxon on Friday 29th of July 2016 02:46:37 AM
Old 07-29-2016
I just read up - so yum is the Default packet manager on CentOS. I wonder why you want to use apt then. apt is usually on Debian-like systems.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

apt-get craziness.....

I had mysql client installed, then I upgraded my version of perl using apt-get install. Now, I want to get mysql-client working again and when I try to install it, I get: /usr/bin# apt-get install mysql-client Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies: mysql-client: Depends:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: natter
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apt-get install

When I use apt-get install command, for example samba install, does that command then invokes search of entire disk to find samba packet or what? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salvor_hardin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

apt-get install error

Hello when i am giving a command apt-get install I am getting error as below: " apt-get: error while loading shared libraries: libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6.so.3.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory " can u suggest what to do. https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
1 Replies

4. Debian

apt-get error

Hello when i am giving a command apt-get install I am getting error as below: " apt-get: error while loading shared libraries: libapt-pkg-libc6.3-6.so.3.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory " can u suggest what to do. step by step. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepreddy
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

apt vs aptitude little tutorial

Hi all I dont know if this is right place but I saw somewhere dd tutorial so I decidet to write a little tutorial about debian package manager. I hope this will clear some misundersands about it, maybe somewher i will be wrong or somebody could explain it better so any comments are welcomed. Many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
3 Replies

6. Debian

apt-get problems on Wheezy

I am having some troubles with apt-get. I did an apt-get update and an apt-get upgrade. Some dependencies did not download, and so I had to do `apt-get -f install` to fix that. The thing is I get an error about /var/lib/dpkg/available root@hayek:~# apt-get -f install Reading package lists...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Tate
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reinstall sudo apt-get?

I am using ubuntu11.10 and i was trying to do the update to 12.04, i found a post suggesting to use to solve part of the problem: sudo apt-get remove ubuntu-keyring sudo apt-get --yes -q --allow-unauthenticated install ubuntu-keyringI ran the first command but not able to run the second or any... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CS_NA
0 Replies

8. Red Hat

Yum and apt-get

I know both yum and apt-get could update the package , could advise which one is better in Redhat server ? thanks Login ID ust3 is currently in read-only mode for multiple infractions. Creating new identities to avoid restrictions is not allowed. This thread is closed. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ust03
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Apt-get install --purge

Hello, i would like to know what is the use of that command apt-get install --purgeI understand the use of --purge while using with remove parameter, but i don't get it when it's about installing. Enlight me please ! Thx ---------- Post updated 09-03-16 at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Purgator
0 Replies
APT-CUDF-GET(8) 						    DOSE Tools							   APT-CUDF-GET(8)

NAME
apt-cudf-get - wrapper for calling apt-get with external solvers SYNOPSIS
apt-cudf-get [arguments] DESCRIPTION
apt-cudf-get is a wrapper that allows to invoke apt-get with external solvers while ignoring apt's pinning. All options are passed on to apt-get. Normally, apt uses so-called pinning to select a candidate version of a package in case there are several versions available. This also holds when calling apt-get with external solvers. However, when it is not possible to find a solution under this constraint, it may be useful to relax pinning and to allow the external solver to choose among all available versions of packages in order to satisfy dependencies, not only those that are selected by the pinning. This is precisely what apt-cudf-get does. Note that, when using an external solver, the proposed solution may contain any available version of the packages that are given as arguments to install on the command line without specifying a version qualifier. For example apt-cudf-get --solver aspcud install ocaml may propose to install any available version of ocaml, while apt-cudf-get --solver aspcud install ocaml=4.01.0 will only propose to install ocaml in version 4.01.0 AUTHOR
Pietro Abate and Roberto Di Cosmo BUGS
Not all types of arguements to apt are correctly treated by this wrapper, in particular not the +pkg and -pkg shorthands for installation and removal requests. SEE ALSO
apt-get(8), apt-cudf(1), apt-cudf.conf(5), update-cudf-solvers(8), README.cudf-solvers <file:///usr/share/doc/apt-cudf/README.cudf-solvers>, README.Debian <file:///usr/share/doc/apt-cudf/README.Debian> dose3 3.0.2 2012-06-25 APT-CUDF-GET(8)