Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with compare 2 column content and corrected/replaced word Post 302978314 by perl_beginner on Friday 29th of July 2016 03:12:23 AM
Old 07-29-2016
Thanks a lot and very much, R. Singh.
It worked perfectly now Smilie

---------- Post updated at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:44 AM ----------

Hi R. Singh,

Sorry again for disturbing.
I just find out one more new interesting issue.

Is it possible that your awk command continue to search through all the "N" in first column and replace based on corresponding position at second column?

I notice if I have 3 N at different position of first column.
The awk command will replace only the first N and stop replace other N in the first string.
eg.
Code:
NCGTNGGCGTCGGCGN      GCGTCGGCGTGGGCGT      GCGTNGGCGTCGGCGN

At the above example, it will only replace the first occurrence N at first column and stop replace second and third N at first column.

Thanks a lot and again.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace aword in a.The replaced word should not be overwitten in perl(details inside)

Hi i am trying to write a perl program where i have to open a 1)directory "unit" 2) rename the files in the dir say file1.txt;file2.txt...file5.txt to file1_a.txt;file2_a.txt,....file5_a.txt ;file1_x.txt ;file2_x.txt 3) open these renamed files and replace the words lets say file1_a.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhul2002
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare a content of variable to a database column

Hi have an array like this colarray="a" colarray="b" colarray="c" colarray="d" colarray="e" colarray="f" the arrayvariable is in unix sh file i want to check the content of the array to oracle database table. that is whether "a" is present in the table. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query for replacing a string and keeping the non-replaced content

Hi experts, As i am a novice unix player...so need help for the below query...banged my head from quite a while...:confused: i have a set of html files, in which i need to search for string "Page"(case sensitive) and then replace the same with some numeric code ,say, "XXX1234". Here in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulfhp
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change file content 4 column to one Column using script

Hi Gurus, I have file content sample: ,5113955056,,TAgent-Suspend ,5119418233,,TAgent-Suspend ,5102119078,,TAgent-Suspend filenames 120229H5_suspend, 120229H6_unsuspend I receive those files one of directory /home/temp/ I need following: 1. Backup first /home/temp/ file to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files word by word

I need to compare two files word by word using unix shell scripting. Could someone help me? I need the code which will compare the 1st word from file1 with 1st word from file2, 2nd word from file1 with 2nd word from file2 etc..., for all the lines. Example: File1: aaa bbb ccc ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsmohankumar
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search word in 3rd column and move it to next column (4th)

Hi, I have a file with +/- 13000 lines and 4 column. I need to search the 3rd column for a word that begins with "SAP-" and move/skip it to the next column (4th). Because the 3rd column need to stay empty. Thanks in advance.:) 89653 36891 OTR-60 SAP-2 89653 36892 OTR-10 SAP-2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare data - Match first column and compare second

Hi guys, looking for some help with a way to compare data in two files but with some conditions. example, File 1 consists of site1,10.1.1.1 site2,20.2.2.2 site3,30.3.3.3 File 2 contains site1,l0.1.1.1 site2,50.1.1.1 site3,30.3.3.3 site4,40.1.1.1 I want to be able to match the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need awk or Shell script to compare Column-1 of two different CSV files and print if column-1 matche

Example: I have files in below format file 1: zxc,133,joe@example.com cst,222,xyz@example1.com File 2 Contains: hxd hcd jws zxc cst File 1 has 50000 lines and file 2 has around 30000 lines : Expected Output has to be : hxd hcd jws (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: TestPractice
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to compare 3rd column value with first column and display

Hello Team, My source data (INput) is like below EPIC1 router EPIC2 Targetdefinition Exp1 Expres rtr1 Router SQL SrcQual Exp1 Expres rtr1 Router EPIC1 Targetdefinition My output like SQL SrcQual Exp1 Expres Exp1 Expres rtr1 Router rtr1 Router EPIC1 Targetdefinition... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sekhar.lsb
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to search for a word in column header that fully matches the word not partially in awk?

I have a multicolumn text file with header in the first row like this The headers are stored in an array called . which contains I want to search for each elements of this array from that multicolumn text file. And I am using this awk approach for ii in ${hdr} do gawk -vcol="$ii" -F... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Atta
1 Replies
GIT-REPLACE(1)							    Git Manual							    GIT-REPLACE(1)

NAME
git-replace - Create, list, delete refs to replace objects SYNOPSIS
git replace [-f] <object> <replacement> git replace -d <object>... git replace -l [<pattern>] DESCRIPTION
Adds a replace reference in .git/refs/replace/ The name of the replace reference is the SHA1 of the object that is replaced. The content of the replace reference is the SHA1 of the replacement object. Unless -f is given, the replace reference must not yet exist in .git/refs/replace/ directory. Replacement references will be used by default by all git commands except those doing reachability traversal (prune, pack transfer and fsck). It is possible to disable use of replacement references for any command using the --no-replace-objects option just after git. For example if commit foo has been replaced by commit bar: $ git --no-replace-objects cat-file commit foo shows information about commit foo, while: $ git cat-file commit foo shows information about commit bar. The GIT_NO_REPLACE_OBJECTS environment variable can be set to achieve the same effect as the --no-replace-objects option. OPTIONS
-f If an existing replace ref for the same object exists, it will be overwritten (instead of failing). -d Delete existing replace refs for the given objects. -l <pattern> List replace refs for objects that match the given pattern (or all if no pattern is given). Typing "git replace" without arguments, also lists all replace refs. BUGS
Comparing blobs or trees that have been replaced with those that replace them will not work properly. And using git reset --hard to go back to a replaced commit will move the branch to the replacement commit instead of the replaced commit. There may be other problems when using git rev-list related to pending objects. And of course things may break if an object of one type is replaced by an object of another type (for example a blob replaced by a commit). SEE ALSO
git-tag(1) git-branch(1) git(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-REPLACE(1)