Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 2 statements in for loop
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting 2 statements in for loop Post 302978288 by RudiC on Thursday 28th of July 2016 02:14:34 PM
Old 07-28-2016
I'd be surprised if the error occurs when && is encountered, as none of the two bash for- loop syntaxes are met.

What exactly are you after?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

or statements?

how do i do an or in an if-then statement? i tried: if ; then bleh fi how???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Blip
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help on IF statements.

I had different problem scenarios with IF statement. Can any expert please enlighten me on the difference with these scenarios. Thank you. 1st Scenario: testdate=`date +%Y%m` test=`cat /var/log/database0.$testdate*.log | grep "Errors found during processing" | tail -10` if then ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: filthymonk
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

for i loop with conditional statements?

New to scripting in general, so patience plz. If I ask a stupid question or don't get it, I thank you for your kindness in advance. That said, did a for i loops checks to see if a PB* file is there but I need to know two things before I copy the file. I need to know if the file's create date... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

is that possible to keep statements in any loop??

Hi, Actually i stored all validdisks in one array and corresponding partitions required for all individual disks in other array.. Example: Validdisks=dsk2 dsk3 dsk5 ValidPartition=4 4 3 Now i have to create domain.. Domain creation can be done by below commands: fs_setup -d... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mansa
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP!! if statements

I am kind of new in Unix and i have to make a menu. I want to put an if statement in the menu. you should enter the filename and it goes to that file. How do i do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trob
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with For Statements

Hi, I am trying to write a for statement that will allow for the ps, who, finger, and date commands to run. Can anyone help? I use Putty. (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: lexydoll87
22 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute a no of SELECT COUNT(*) statements using a loop

HI Unix Gurus, I have a number of SELECT count(*) statements in an input file and I want to execute it using a shell script but one by one using loop in script.... How can I do this..... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ustechie
7 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Using While and If statements

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Two problems I need solving please. I created a script where the user types in 7 numbers as standard input and each one is then stored in an array. Now I need to perform the following calculations on those numbers: 1) Use a while... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjb1989
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Too many if statements..

Hello. I am new here and new to scripting. I used to have a very basic script that worked for simple backup/restore of files. I have expanded it and well... I have ended up with a complete mess. It still backs up and restores but there is so many issues that stem from the many if statements I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gameinn
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop statements order of operations

Say I have a for loop that parse through a file....Say it look for the colors red and blue in sections of the file. Say it find red before it find blue in the file. Say I have two if statements in the for loop Something like if blue is found print blue is my favorite color is the first if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
7 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)