Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need files exactly 3 to 7 days old Post 302978278 by mohtashims on Thursday 28th of July 2016 12:50:50 PM
Old 07-28-2016
RedHat Need files exactly 3 to 7 days old

Hi,

I need files exactly 3 to 7 days old.

Today is 28th July 2016.

I have two files one dated 25th July and other 21st July which are 3 to 7 days old.
Code:
94702    1 -rw-r--r--   1 m1083 user1         26 Jul 25 13:00 ./Report_0751.txt
94751    1 -rw-r--r--   1 m1083 user1        128 Jul 21 13:00 ./Report_0710.txt

Below is what i tried

Code:
find . -mtime +2 -a -mtime -7 -ls

But instead of displaying both the files it shows only one file dated 21st.

My understanding of the command is-> find files more than 2 days old and not more than 7 days old -> which means both the files dated 25th and 21st.

Can you please tell me why i dont see both the files as output of the find command ?

Moto: I will use the same solution to find files exactly 7 days old.

Last edited by mohtashims; 07-28-2016 at 03:45 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete files which are 7 days old

Hi all, how to write a script that will indentify the files in a directory which are 7 days old and delete those files. Thanks in advance Cheers Arunava (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunava_maity
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting files over 7 days old

Simple question I am sure - but one that I dont know the answer to nevertheless.. I have a directory that I store log files in - but I wish to run a daily script in cron to delete all files in this directory that have not been modified within the last 7 days... Can anyone help me? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete files over 30 days

I have a directory that contains files. I would like the command that deletes all files that are over 30 days old. Delete files based on creation date and not modified. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GEBRAUN
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls latest 4 days or specify days of files in the directory

Hi, I would like to list latest 2 days, 3 days or 4 days,etc of files in the directory... how? is it using ls? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with removing files which are n days old

Hi , I need to remove files from a specific directory which are 7 days old using folowing find comand as: find /home/dir1/log -name "run*.log" -mtime +6 -prune -exec rm -f {} \; but my script should traverse to /home/dir1/log and them delete the specified files in the directory. i.e... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navatha
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Files older than 50 days

Hi All, OS :- HP-UX wm5qa B.11.23 U ia64 1119805695 unlimited-user license I need to search files older than 50 days. I've used following command in order to search desired files, I also discoverd, it's showing today's files as well. Do you have any clue with this ? wmqa1> find .... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.behria
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing certain files after certain days..

Hi guys.. Currently me using AIX 5.3.0.0 I have these files generated by Oracle in /tmp folder.. # date Mon Sep 26 11:53:31 BEIST 2011 # pwd /tmp # df -g . Filesystem GB blocks Free %Used Iused %Iused Mounted on /dev/hd3 10.00 3.65 64% 62479 7% /tmp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mushr00m
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need Help in reading N days files from a Directory & combining the files

Hi All, Request your expertise in tackling one requirement in my project,(i dont have much expertise in Shell Scripting). The requirement is as below, 1) We store the last run date of a process in a file. When the batch run the next time, it should read this file, get the last run date from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsfreddie
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create zip/gz/tar files for if the files are older than particular days in UNIX or Linux?

I need a script file for backup (zip or tar or gz) of old log files in our unix server (causing the space problem). Could you please help me to create the zip or gz files for each log files in current directory and sub-directories also? I found one command which is to create gz file for the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mallikgm
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files 30 days old

Will this work to delete files 30 days old in $backupDir or is there a better way to do it? find $backupDir -type f -mtime +30 -exec rm {} \; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wyclef
2 Replies
lchage(1)						      General Commands Manual							 lchage(1)

NAME
lchage - Display or change user password policy SYNOPSIS
lchage [OPTION]... user DESCRIPTION
Displays or allows changing password policy of user. OPTIONS
-d, --date=days Set the date of last password change to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable password expiration (i.e. to ignore --mindays, and --maxdays and related settings). Set days to 0 to enforce password change on next login. (This also disables password expiration until the password is changed.) -E, --expire=days Set the account expiration date to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable account expiration. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -I, --inactive=days Disable the account after days after password expires (after the user is required to change the password). Set days to -1 to keep the account enabled indefinitely after password expiration. -l, --list Only list current user's policy and make no changes. -m, --mindays=days Require at least days days between password changes. Set days to 0 or -1 to disable this requirement. If this value is larger than the value set by --maxdays, the user cannot change the pasword. -M, --maxdays=days Require changing the password after days since last password change. Set days to -1 to disable password expiration. -W, --warndays=days Start warning the user days before password expires (before the user is required to change the password). Set days to 0 or -1 to disable the warning. EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. NOTES
Note that "account expiration" (set by --expire) is distinct from "password expiration" (set by --maxdays). Account expiration happens on a fixed date regardless of password changes. Password expiration is relative to the date of last password change. libuser Nov 8 2012 lchage(1)