Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Automating Mail Process
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Automating Mail Process Post 302978263 by rajnikant on Thursday 28th of July 2016 06:57:38 AM
Old 07-28-2016
Linux Automating Mail Process

Hi
i had written one script,it sends email from terminal and mine script is as:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
SUBJECT="linux mail send attachment example"
BODY_FILE="/home/sreenivasa/Desktop/Testing.txt"
#ATTACHMENT_FILE="/home/sreenivasa/Desktop/Dataset.zip"
CC_LIST="rajnikant875@gmail.com,sinha6315@gmail.com,rajnikant@gytechs.com"

cat "$BODY_FILE" | mail -s "$SUBJECT" -a "$ATTACHMENT_FILE" "$CC_LIST"

but here problem for me is i can attach only one attachment.But my requirement is all attachment file is in one folder without changing script again and again,how can i access those files from folder which is saved somewhere on Desktop.

So,we have to write script once and when we ran script it should ask for which all file it want to attach into script.Can anyone help me.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Use code tags, thanks.

Last edited by zaxxon; 07-28-2016 at 08:02 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process mail using cron

I am looking for information on how to process mail using a cron job. The email server is a hosted ISP, so I simply have a POP connection to the mailbox. Specifically, I want to fire a cron job at {x} time and have pine, mail, mailx, or some other suitable mail client utility process the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EOD
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating build and test process

Hey ppl, I've been asked to automate the build and test process for my team at office.we work on Linux and use Perforce for SCM. I've just joined this company and dont have much knowledge on unix scripts. Could someone tell me how to go about doing this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi
0 Replies

3. Linux

Automating build and test process

Hey ppl, I've been asked to automate the build and test process for my team at office.we work on Linux and use Perforce for SCM. I've just joined this company and dont have much knowledge on unix scripts. Could someone tell me how to go about doing this?:confused: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing of a process and send a mail if the process doesnot come up within 2 minutes

Hi Friends, I am new to this forum as well as new to shell scripting. I have a problem here and i need someone to solve this. Let us consider there are two processes(abc & def).There is a script which kills these two processes(i.e killtheprocess abc). Here abc is the argument . There is a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prince89
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in mail sending process

Hi I created one CSV file and i need to append some message in the content of my mail. $sales=sales.dat $sales_csv=sales.csv $sales_report=sales.txt this is the command am using it. echo "sales for `date`"| read subject uuencode $sales $sales_csv | mailx -ms "${subject}."... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to monitor process running on server and posting a mail if any process is dead

Hello all, I would be happy if any one could help me with a shell script that would determine all the processes running on a Unix server and post a mail if any of the process is not running or aborted. Thanks in advance Regards, pradeep kulkarni. :mad: (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeepmacha
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

automating daily monitoring process

Hi there, I have to automate daily monitoring process and then the result of these process should be sent to a log file, then this log file should be mailed . ps -ef | grep aa In this atleast one process should run. If the process is running it should mention Success in the log file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NehaKrish
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating The process

Hi Guru's, I am trying to write a scripts that will automate my image provisoining process. Scenario: I have Linux Image Hosted on cloud which needs to be provisoned before it can be used. Currently we log onto the image through the putty on windows and connect to linux instance. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: taqvia
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automating a process

Could any one tell me , how to start a thread here, i just searching for so long. sorry to post in irrelavent here ---------- Post updated at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:00 AM ---------- Hi, I got a requirement to automate the process. We have SLA files, there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afahmed
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automating an interactive process with EOF string

Hello, I'm running Stockfish chess engine ( Home - Stockfish - Open Source Chess Engine ) CLI on Linux in interactive mode which is working fine. root@ubuntu1950x:~# ./stockfish Stockfish 080218 64 POPCNT by T. Romstad, M. Costalba, J. Kiiski, G. Linscott setoption name Debug Log File... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies
GLFRAMEBUFFERTEXTURE(3G)					    OpenGL 3.3						  GLFRAMEBUFFERTEXTURE(3G)

NAME
glFramebufferTextureLayer - attach a single layer of a texture to a framebuffer C SPECIFICATION
void glFramebufferTextureLayer(GLenum target, GLenum attachment, GLuint texture, GLint level, GLint layer); PARAMETERS
target Specifies the framebuffer target. target must be GL_DRAW_FRAMEBUFFER, GL_READ_FRAMEBUFFER, or GL_FRAMEBUFFER. GL_FRAMEBUFFER is equivalent to GL_DRAW_FRAMEBUFFER. attachment Specifies the attachment point of the framebuffer. attachment must be GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENTi, GL_DEPTH_ATTACHMENT, GL_STENCIL_ATTACHMENT or GL_DEPTH_STENCIL_ATTACHMMENT. texture Specifies the texture object to attach to the framebuffer attachment point named by attachment. level Specifies the mipmap level of texture to attach. layer Specifies the layer of texture to attach. DESCRIPTION
glFramebufferTextureLayer operates like glFramebufferTexture(), except that only a single layer of the texture level, given by layer, is attached to the attachment point. If texture is not zero, layer must be greater than or equal to zero. texture must either be zero or the name of an existing three-dimensional texture, one- or two-dimensional array texture, or multisample array texture. NOTES
glFramebufferTextureLayer is available only if the GL version is 3.2 or greater. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if target is not one of the accepted tokens. GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if attachment is not one of the accepted tokens. GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if texture is not zero or the name of an existing texture object. GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if texture is not zero and layer is negative. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if zero is bound to target. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if texture is not zero or the name of an existing cube map texture. SEE ALSO
glGenFramebuffers(), glBindFramebuffer(), glGenRenderbuffers(), glFramebufferTexture(), glFramebufferTextureFace() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. OpenGL 3.3 03/08/2011 GLFRAMEBUFFERTEXTURE(3G)