Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Change date time stamp of existing file Post 302978247 by Ramneekgupta91 on Thursday 28th of July 2016 05:23:53 AM
Old 07-28-2016
Today is 28 July 2016, below command will change the access time and modification time of file hello.txt to 21 July 2016 13:00 hrs
Code:
touch -t 1607211300 hello.txt

There is no creation time, therefore it cannot be changed :-)

Last edited by rbatte1; 07-28-2016 at 07:42 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File date and time stamp

I have to capture the creation date and time stamp for a file. The ls command doesn't list all the required information. I need year, month, day, hour, minute and second. Any ideas... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xenon
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting Date&Time Stamp In Existing Log File

I am trying to insert a line with a date stamp in a file that is used to monitor activity in one of our directories. By doing this, I want to grep that file each day and go to the last entry for each time a error occurred and pull all errors generated if any exist. If error exists I want that error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shephardfamily
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i change the date of an existing file

Hi, Plz suggest me how can i change the date of a file. Suppose my file has been created in some date and i want to give it present date. How can i do this???? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityam
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

change the time stamp of file

can we change the timestamp of a file to old date. -rwxrwxrwx 1 root other 330 Jul 1 16:03 abc.txt it shows creation time is 16.03 can i change it to previous time :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anish19
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change time stamp of a file

Hi, As i know , we can change the time stamp of a file by touch command, i did change in a file and it is looking as given # ls -l abcd -rw-r--r-- 1 batsoqa sicusers 0 Feb 17 2010 abcd actually i want to see the output like this -rw-r--r-- 1 batsoqa sicusers ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apskaushik
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls -ltr for a future date/time stamp file

Hi When i do ls -ltr <file1> then it shows me the date and time of the file if - for whatever reason file has future date/time stamp then ls -ltr is not showing the time, it just shows only date part ... even if time is ahead by 2 hr than current time. suppose a file was copied from INDIA... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Set date and time stamp of one file to another

Hi I use "touch -t xxxxxxxx" command to set date/time stamp of a file. My requirement is to read the date/time stamp of a file and apply it to another file. Is there anyway to do it simple instead of manually taking date/stamp of first file? TIA Prvn (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If(Condition) Rename a file with (Date+Time) Stamp

Hi! Please see our current script: #!/usr/bin/ksh if (egrep "This string is found in the log" /a01/bpm.log) then mailx -s "Error from log" me@email.com, him@email.com </a01/bpm.log fi To the above existing script, we need to add the following change: 1) After finding the string,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: atechcorp
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract latest file by looking at date time stamp from a directory?

hi, i have a Archive directory in which files are archived or stored with date and time stamp to prevent over writing. example: there are 5 files s1.txt s2.txt s3.txt s4.txt s5.txt while moving these files to archive directory, date and time stamp is added. of format `date... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add current time stamp column in existing csv file

Hi , I want to add a new column 'current_time stamp' in my existing csv file with current time stamp for all the records.I tried something this but this is printing 0 with date & time and printed date one line above header.Please help awk -F "," 'BEGIN{ OFS="," } {$6=system("date... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: netdbaind
5 Replies
DATETIME.SETISODATE(3)							 1						    DATETIME.SETISODATE(3)

DateTime::setISODate - Sets the ISO date

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public DateTime DateTime::setISODate (int $year, int $week, [int $day = 1]) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style DateTime date_isodate_set (DateTime $object, int $year, int $week, [int $day = 1]) Set a date according to the ISO 8601 standard - using weeks and day offsets rather than specific dates. PARAMETERS
o $object -Procedural style only: A DateTime object returned by date_create(3). The function modifies this object. o $year - Year of the date. o $week - Week of the date. o $day - Offset from the first day of the week. RETURN VALUES
Returns the DateTime object for method chaining or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | Changed the return value on success from NULL to | | | DateTime. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 DateTime.setISODate(3) example Object oriented style <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setISODate(2008, 2); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setISODate(2008, 2, 7); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> Procedural style <?php $date = date_create(); date_isodate_set($date, 2008, 2); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d') . " "; date_isodate_set($date, 2008, 2, 7); echo date_format($date, 'Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above examples will output: 2008-01-07 2008-01-13 Example #2 Values exceeding ranges are added to their parent values <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setISODate(2008, 2, 7); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setISODate(2008, 2, 8); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; $date->setISODate(2008, 53, 7); echo $date->format('Y-m-d') . " "; ?> The above example will output: 2008-01-13 2008-01-14 2009-01-04 Example #3 Finding the month a week is in <?php $date = new DateTime(); $date->setISODate(2008, 14); echo $date->format('n'); ?> The above examples will output: 3 SEE ALSO
DateTime.setDate(3), DateTime.setTime(3). PHP Documentation Group DATETIME.SETISODATE(3)