Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Regarding guidance related to HTML table in email body Post 302978207 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 27th of July 2016 02:18:13 PM
Old 07-27-2016
Regarding guidance related to HTML table in email body

Hello All,

I have a query here. I am sending an HTML table(which I am creating it by a call to REST API, in a LINUX box) and from there I have to send it into an email. So following are the poins on same:
  1. As data is not static so it is writing Dynamic data and creating HTML file.
  2. There is a table which has many fields into it in that HTML file.
  3. I am sending this HTML table into an email by shell script(command sendmail).
  4. All field's value could be of any length.
So above are some information points on this, following is the question now on same.

Query:
As I mentioned above field's length could be any. So when I am sending that email with HTML table, so it's one field has more length compare of any other field, so because of it all other fields(including columns and data) are shrinking into size and it is looking very odd in email. Basically I require all the fields to be same width and all values should come in single line into email, off course there could be a limit for wordwrap but field's data should go till that but that's not happening.

Following are the things I had tried too in order to fix it(which didn't work):
  1. Tried to fix table's width.
  2. Used {"white-space: nowrap"}.

Tried above but it didn't work, I can't paste data here apologies for it but I have tried my best to explain the issue, please do let me know if any further information required here too. Could anyone please help in same, will be grateful.

Thanks,
R. Singh

Last edited by rbatte1; 07-28-2016 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: Converted text list with roman numerals with LIST=i tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Referring to attached images in html email body through mailx

encoding type for images? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswasbaishali
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Email with multiple attachments & HTML body

I have a html file: # cat sample.html <html> <body> Sample HTML file</p> </body> </html> And I have two excel sheets (sheet1.xls & sheet2.xls) I want to send an email by having the sample.html as the message body and two spreadsheets as the attachments. I tried using the below command:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: BHM
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mutt for html body and multiple html & pdf attachments

Hi all: Been racking my brain on this for the last couple of days and what has been most frustrating is that this is the last piece I need to complete a project. There are numerous posts discussing mutt in this forum and others but I have been unable to find similar issues. Running with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raggmopp
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Email body not formatted with html and sendmail

Hi All, I am trying to send the contents of a file as email body. I am using html email and sendmail option of unix. I am using the below piece of code for the same : #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO="email@domain.com" export SUBJECT="Report" export BODY="file_directory_path/test_file.txt"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockygsd
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query output convert to HTML & send as email body

Hi , I have a sql query in the unix script ,whose output is shown below.I want to convert this output to HTML table format & send email from unix with this table as email body. p_id src_system amount 1 A 100 2 B 200 3 C ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshn04
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting unable to send the sql query data in table in body of email

I have written a shell script that calls below sql file. It is not sending the query data in table in the body of email. spool table_update.html; SELECT * FROM PROCESS_LOG_STATS where process = 'ActivateSubscription'; spool off; exit; Please use code tags next time for your code and data.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharanakumar
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

HTML table in email body using C Shell

I am using Sun Solaris ver. 5.10 and trying to send an HTML table in email body using mail command in C shell script. I tried following commands:- #1 mail -m "MIME-Version: 1.0;Content-type:text/html;charset=UTF-8" receiver@mail.com < file.html #2 mail -m "Content-type: text/html;" -s "This... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrohit2k
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Convert Txt file to HTML table and email

Hi all I need help converting a text file into a html table in bash and I need to email this table. The text file looks like the below. Two columns with multiple rows. Top row being header. Application Name Application Status Application 1 Open Application 2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitmanjd
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Postgre Query results as Email HTML table

Hello, I'm trying to send email from Greenplum query results as HTML table with status Red/Green Select Server, Last_Date from Table; Results Server, Last_Date Prod, 2018-04-09 Final email Output in HTML format Server Status LastDate Prod GREEN(BOX) 2018-04-09 (if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krux_rap
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to generate table in email body

Below is the code snippet and I'm not able to generate the table in email, output email has nothing if ; then echo "File $fName exists." awk -F "," ' BEGIN { print "MIME-Version: 1.0" print "Content-Type: text/html" print "Subject: Out OF Network Fee - Portfolio Level Stats" print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vyomdev
1 Replies
UUENCODE(5)							File Formats Manual						       UUENCODE(5)

NAME
uuencode - format of an encoded uuencode file DESCRIPTION
Files output by uuencode(1) consist of a header line, followed by a number of body lines, and a trailer line. The uudecode(1) command will ignore any lines preceding the header or following the trailer. Lines preceding a header must not, of course, look like a header. The header line is distinguished by having the first 6 characters begin The word begin is followed by a mode (in octal), and a string which names the remote file. A space separates the three items in the header line. The body consists of a number of lines, each at most 62 characters long (including the trailing newline). These consist of a character count, followed by encoded characters, followed by a newline. The character count is a single printing character, and represents an inte- ger, the number of bytes the rest of the line represents. Such integers are always in the range from 0 to 63 and can be determined by sub- tracting the character space (octal 40) from the character. Groups of 3 bytes are stored in 4 characters, 6 bits per character. All are offset by a space to make the characters printing. The last line may be shorter than the normal 45 bytes. If the size is not a multiple of 3, this fact can be determined by the value of the count on the last line. Extra garbage will be included to make the character count a multiple of 4. The body is terminated by a line with a count of zero. This line consists of one ASCII space. The trailer line consists of end on a line by itself. SEE ALSO
uuencode(1), uudecode(1), uusend(1), uucp(1), mail(1) HISTORY
The uuencode file format appeared in BSD 4.0 . UUENCODE(5)