Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Combo for text
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combo for text Post 302978092 by Board27 on Tuesday 26th of July 2016 07:28:26 AM
Old 07-26-2016
thanks a lot!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modem/Sound combo

I just got yet another PI! yay! :D . one problem... the sound/modem card is not detected by the kernel or even by windows PnP! i dunno of any UNIX driverDB online, but if you could point me to one, it would be fantastic! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boris888
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What one line unix talk combo generates the following....

What one line unix talk combo would generate 95% cpu load? Im talking like something below (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frequency8
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep, awk, nawk combo

I have 2 files: File1 "aa","server","001-9031234-001", File2 001-9031234-001|12345 Both files have many lines of text. Each line needs to be evaluated. I need to look at the value of the third field in File 1. Then look for that same value in File 2 and assign the value of Field 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptr2be
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing CRLF combo but not CR or LF when alone

What is the command or script to remove CRLF but only when joined? Tried using below but removed all instances of either cat a.txt | tr -d "\r\n" > b.txt (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: qqp
14 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)