Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Personal SUSE build installation issues. Post 302978056 by TheOuterLinux on Monday 25th of July 2016 05:03:23 PM
Old 07-25-2016
Well, my ISO is 2.2GB and is based off of 13.2 32-bit. I think I'll try wiping the HD again but only use one partition and one of the default install options.

Push The Outer Linux
@Twitter, @Github, & @Tumblr: TheOuterLinux
or, @RollResearch.com

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snort installation on freebsd issues

i'm following the, "How to setup and secure Snort, MySQL and Acid on FreeBSD 4.6 Release" off of the snort.org website. in the documentation it says snort should be installed through the following: ----- make -DWITH_MYSQL -DWITH_FLEXRESP ; make install ----- later it says to do the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
13 Replies

2. SCO

Installation error for Kernel Re-build

Hi All, While installing a Service Pack on my Unix Solaris machine, i got the following error: UX:acomp: ERROR: "space.c", line 16: undefined symbol: CHROOT_SECURITY UX:acomp: ERROR: "space.c", line 16: non-constant initializer: op "NAME" UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Compile/link of 'Driver_atup.o... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
9 Replies

3. Solaris

installation problem solaris,windows,suse on same machine

Hi all, Previously I had both opensuse 11.3 and Windows XP SP2 on my PC, there was no problem at all.I was able to access all documents in Windows from opensuse. Now when I wanted to install solaris 10 on the same machine there were 2 problems ... 1. Windows is not accessible from solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Build issues on HP-UX

I am trying to build a software on HP-UX (HP-UX 11.00). It links against Xerces and Xalan libraries (amongst others). I am getting the following errors during the final linking phase. Can somebody help me understand the problem? I compiled Xerces and Xalan using aCC ( as recommended) while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
1 Replies

5. SuSE

g++ build on SUSE 12.1, cannot open included file

Hello, I have a project that I have compiled on a number of linux systems including CentOS, Ubuntu, and Windows Cygwin. I am trying to build the project under SUSE 12.1. The make file runs allot of the way through, but then throws an error that an included file can't be opened. This is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

UCS installation issues

I am installing RHEL6 on a Cisco UCS blade and the GUI isn't showing up. Curious!!!!! I have installed it on 5 of the other blades and the GUI is there. However, there are many issues that I am having and I am going crazy with this thing. I have issues where the network adapters are not showing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: styehimba
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard Disk Performance issues Suse 11 SP1

hi guys right now I have 6 Virtual Machines (VMs) running on Vmware ESXi 5.1 and attached to Storage SAN. All these run Suse Linux 11 SP1 x64. All of a sudden 1 of these VMs is running very slow making high CPU usage and I see al wait % kinda high 40-50%. Apparently since I don't own this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
5 Replies

8. SuSE

Suse enterprise server installation help

hello All, good day to you. could you tell me is there any way I can download SUSE lunux enterprise server trail version ? I want to install sap application over it. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leaner_963
1 Replies
INSTALL-KEYMAP(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 INSTALL-KEYMAP(8)

NAME
install-keymap -- expand a given keymap and install it as boot-time keymap SYNOPSIS
install-keymap [keymap-name | NONE | KERNEL] DESCRIPTION
install-keymap usually takes a keymap-name as argument. The file is passed to loadkeys for loading, so that valid values for this argument are the same than that of arguments to loadkeys. install-keymap expands include-like statements in that file, and puts the result in /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz, which will be loaded into the kernel at boot-time. One may also specify KERNEL instead of a keymap name, causing /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz to be removed, making sure that no custom keymap will replace the kernel's builtin keymap at next reboot. An argument of NONE tells the command to do nothing. It can be used by caller scripts to avoid handling this special case and needlessly duplicate code. The purpose of this processing is to solve an annoying problem, of 2 apparently conflicting issues. The first one is an important goal of keymap management in Debian, namely ensuring that whenever the user or admin is expected to use the keyboard, the keymap selected as boot- time keymap is in use; this means the keymap has to be loaded before a shell is ever proposed, which means very early in the booting process, and especially before all local filesystems are mounted (/etc/rcS.d/S10checkroot.sh can spawn sulogin). The second issue is that for flexibility we allow that /usr or /usr/share may live on their own partition(s), and thus /usr/share/keymaps, where keymap files live, may not be available for reading at the time we need a keymap file. And no, we won't put 1Mb of keymaps in the root partition just for this. And the problem is, most keymap files are not self-contained, so it does not help to just copy the selected file into the root partition. The best known solution so far is to expand the keymap file so that it becomes self-contained, and put it in the root partition. That's what this tool does. FILES
/etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz Where the boot-time keymap is stored SEE ALSO
loadkeys (8). AUTHOR
This program and manual page were written by Yann Dirson dirson@debian.org for the Debian GNU/Linux system, but as it should not include any Debian-specific code, it may be used by others. INSTALL-KEYMAP(8)