Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Personal SUSE build installation issues. Post 302978056 by TheOuterLinux on Monday 25th of July 2016 05:03:23 PM
Old 07-25-2016
Well, my ISO is 2.2GB and is based off of 13.2 32-bit. I think I'll try wiping the HD again but only use one partition and one of the default install options.

Push The Outer Linux
@Twitter, @Github, & @Tumblr: TheOuterLinux
or, @RollResearch.com

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snort installation on freebsd issues

i'm following the, "How to setup and secure Snort, MySQL and Acid on FreeBSD 4.6 Release" off of the snort.org website. in the documentation it says snort should be installed through the following: ----- make -DWITH_MYSQL -DWITH_FLEXRESP ; make install ----- later it says to do the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
13 Replies

2. SCO

Installation error for Kernel Re-build

Hi All, While installing a Service Pack on my Unix Solaris machine, i got the following error: UX:acomp: ERROR: "space.c", line 16: undefined symbol: CHROOT_SECURITY UX:acomp: ERROR: "space.c", line 16: non-constant initializer: op "NAME" UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Compile/link of 'Driver_atup.o... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
9 Replies

3. Solaris

installation problem solaris,windows,suse on same machine

Hi all, Previously I had both opensuse 11.3 and Windows XP SP2 on my PC, there was no problem at all.I was able to access all documents in Windows from opensuse. Now when I wanted to install solaris 10 on the same machine there were 2 problems ... 1. Windows is not accessible from solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Build issues on HP-UX

I am trying to build a software on HP-UX (HP-UX 11.00). It links against Xerces and Xalan libraries (amongst others). I am getting the following errors during the final linking phase. Can somebody help me understand the problem? I compiled Xerces and Xalan using aCC ( as recommended) while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
1 Replies

5. SuSE

g++ build on SUSE 12.1, cannot open included file

Hello, I have a project that I have compiled on a number of linux systems including CentOS, Ubuntu, and Windows Cygwin. I am trying to build the project under SUSE 12.1. The make file runs allot of the way through, but then throws an error that an included file can't be opened. This is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

UCS installation issues

I am installing RHEL6 on a Cisco UCS blade and the GUI isn't showing up. Curious!!!!! I have installed it on 5 of the other blades and the GUI is there. However, there are many issues that I am having and I am going crazy with this thing. I have issues where the network adapters are not showing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: styehimba
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard Disk Performance issues Suse 11 SP1

hi guys right now I have 6 Virtual Machines (VMs) running on Vmware ESXi 5.1 and attached to Storage SAN. All these run Suse Linux 11 SP1 x64. All of a sudden 1 of these VMs is running very slow making high CPU usage and I see al wait % kinda high 40-50%. Apparently since I don't own this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
5 Replies

8. SuSE

Suse enterprise server installation help

hello All, good day to you. could you tell me is there any way I can download SUSE lunux enterprise server trail version ? I want to install sap application over it. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leaner_963
1 Replies
ELILO(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  ELILO(8)

NAME
elilo - install EFI boot loader SYNOPSIS
elilo [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the elilo command, which was written specifically for the Debian distribution to simplify configuring and using the elilo.efi bootloader. There are two parts to elilo, the bootloader itself and this utility which installs or updates a bootload configuration. The primary function of elilo is to copy files necessary for booting Debian GNU/Linux from the main filesystem to a subdirectory /EFI/debian on the boot partition. These include elilo.efi, elilo.conf, and the kernel and ramdisk images referenced by elilo.conf. In addition, elilo can create a default configuration file, /etc/elilo.conf, and can invoke efibootmgr to create an entry in the EFI Boot Manager menu such that a system will autoboot in to Debian GNU/Linux on power up. elilo requires a couple of extra parameters in elilo.conf that elio.efi does not currently support. These are needed so that a normal run of elilo with no parameters can find the elilo.efi binary and boot partition in order to rebuild it. They are: install=<path to elilo.efi> boot=<boot partition> OPTIONS
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). -b, --boot set bootstrap partition device [ -b /dev/sda1 ] -i, --install pathname to the actual bootloader binary, default: /usr/{local/}lib/elilo/elilo.efi -C, --config use alternate configuration file [ -C config_file ] --autoconf auto-generate a /etc/elilo.conf. Typically only used during system installation. In normal use, an elilo.conf file already exists and will not be modified by elilo. --efiboot elilo auto configuration: create an efi boot manager entry for elilo. This option requires that the efibootmgr package also be installed. --timeout elilo auto configuration: sets the time elilo will wait for user input before booting default image default: 20 (2 seconds) --image elilo auto configuration: sets the path to the kernel image. default: /vmlinuz --label elilo auto configuration: sets the image label default: Linux --root elilo auto configuration: sets the root device default: /dev/sda3 --format create a new FAT filesystem on the boot partition. Use this cautiously if you have more than one operating system installed, and they may be sharing the same EFI partition! -v, --verbose make elilo more verbose --debug print boring junk only useful for debugging -h, --help display this help and exit -V, --version output version information and exit FILES
/etc/elilo.conf /usr/lib/elilo/elilo.efi SEE ALSO
efibootmgr(8) Additional information about elilo is available in the /usr/share/doc/elilo directory. AUTHOR
The elilo program and this manual page were written by Richard Hirst <rhirst@linuxcare.com> and Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com> as additions to the elilo bootloader package from Stephane Eranian <eranian@hpl.hp.com> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 18 Mar 2002 ELILO(8)