Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Personal SUSE build installation issues. Post 302978038 by Corona688 on Monday 25th of July 2016 01:30:07 PM
Old 07-25-2016
My first suspicion on it freezing, given old hardware, is graphical incompatibility. Make sure GRUB isn't trying to do anything with a fancy boot overlay screen or anything, just a basic raw text one.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

snort installation on freebsd issues

i'm following the, "How to setup and secure Snort, MySQL and Acid on FreeBSD 4.6 Release" off of the snort.org website. in the documentation it says snort should be installed through the following: ----- make -DWITH_MYSQL -DWITH_FLEXRESP ; make install ----- later it says to do the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
13 Replies

2. SCO

Installation error for Kernel Re-build

Hi All, While installing a Service Pack on my Unix Solaris machine, i got the following error: UX:acomp: ERROR: "space.c", line 16: undefined symbol: CHROOT_SECURITY UX:acomp: ERROR: "space.c", line 16: non-constant initializer: op "NAME" UX:idmkunix: ERROR: Compile/link of 'Driver_atup.o... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
9 Replies

3. Solaris

installation problem solaris,windows,suse on same machine

Hi all, Previously I had both opensuse 11.3 and Windows XP SP2 on my PC, there was no problem at all.I was able to access all documents in Windows from opensuse. Now when I wanted to install solaris 10 on the same machine there were 2 problems ... 1. Windows is not accessible from solaris... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: M.Choudhury
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Build issues on HP-UX

I am trying to build a software on HP-UX (HP-UX 11.00). It links against Xerces and Xalan libraries (amongst others). I am getting the following errors during the final linking phase. Can somebody help me understand the problem? I compiled Xerces and Xalan using aCC ( as recommended) while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slash_blog
1 Replies

5. SuSE

g++ build on SUSE 12.1, cannot open included file

Hello, I have a project that I have compiled on a number of linux systems including CentOS, Ubuntu, and Windows Cygwin. I am trying to build the project under SUSE 12.1. The make file runs allot of the way through, but then throws an error that an included file can't be opened. This is the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

UCS installation issues

I am installing RHEL6 on a Cisco UCS blade and the GUI isn't showing up. Curious!!!!! I have installed it on 5 of the other blades and the GUI is there. However, there are many issues that I am having and I am going crazy with this thing. I have issues where the network adapters are not showing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: styehimba
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard Disk Performance issues Suse 11 SP1

hi guys right now I have 6 Virtual Machines (VMs) running on Vmware ESXi 5.1 and attached to Storage SAN. All these run Suse Linux 11 SP1 x64. All of a sudden 1 of these VMs is running very slow making high CPU usage and I see al wait % kinda high 40-50%. Apparently since I don't own this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlochacon
5 Replies

8. SuSE

Suse enterprise server installation help

hello All, good day to you. could you tell me is there any way I can download SUSE lunux enterprise server trail version ? I want to install sap application over it. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leaner_963
1 Replies
MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)														  MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)

NAME
mk-build-deps - build a package satisfying a package's build-dependencies SYNOPSIS
mk-build-deps --help|--version mk-build-deps [options] control file | package name ... DESCRIPTION
Given a package name and/or control file, mk-build-deps will use equivs to generate a binary package which may be installed to satisfy all the build dependencies of the given package. If --build-dep and/or --build-indep are given, then the resulting binary package(s) will depend solely on the Build-Depends/Build-Depends-Indep dependencies, respectively. OPTIONS
-i, --install Install the generated packages and its build-dependencies. -t, --tool When installing the generated package use the specified tool. (default: apt-get --no-install-recommends) -r, --remove Remove the package file after installing it. Ignored if used without the --install switch. -a foo, --arch foo If the source package has architecture-specific build dependencies, produce a package for architecture foo, not for the system architecture. (If the source package does not have architecture-specific build dependencies, the package produced is always for the pseudo-architecture all.) -B, --build-dep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends dependencies. -A, --build-indep Generate a package which only depends on the source package's Build-Depends-Indep dependencies. -h, --help Show a summary of options. -v, --version Show version and copyright information. -s, --root-cmd Use the specified tool to gain root privileges before installing. Ignored if used without the --install switch. AUTHOR
mk-build-deps is copyright by Vincent Fourmond and was modified for the devscripts package by Adam D. Barratt <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk>. This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. You are free to redistribute this code under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Debian Utilities 2013-12-23 MK-BUILD-DEPS(1)