Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators For the Admins, rouge advert(s)... Post 302977946 by hicksd8 on Sunday 24th of July 2016 09:00:25 AM
Old 07-24-2016
Hi,

I'm not an admin on this site but I'll answer anyway (especially as you're in the UK, the same environment as me).

We all know that if you log in that you get no ads so it will be quicker. However, without logging in performance should still be acceptable.

I think you need to investigate and look for a common problem amongst your systems.

Does it make a difference if you switch off your AV? Which AV do you use?

I had a major performance issue sometime ago which turned out to be caused by end point protection software (IBM Trusteer Rapport) recommended by my bank for online banking. I had not updated the package for some considerable time and I found that switching it off made one hell of a difference. I contacted Rapport support and they sent me a link and told me to install from there. That fixed it.

Also, what about any anti-spyware you use? Try it with that switched off too.

For whatever reason (search Google for this one) I've had Chrome slug my machine even though I don't use it much. Uninstalling that fixed a load of issues.

Do you have any software running on your web gateway/router that would affect all your machines?

My money is on that perhaps you have some protection software running which, when video ads are downloading, asks "what the hell is that?" and uses all your CPU cycles to try and find out.

Last edited by hicksd8; 07-24-2016 at 12:15 PM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Admins >

Just wanted to say great website and thank you... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rouge processes

Often when i do a ps -ef |grep user there are sh processes however the users are not actually logged in. Does any one know what i could do to automatically kill off these processes. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: namtab
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Any sys admins from uk?

Hello Guys, im new to this forum. Im from UK and ive recently completed my SCSA I & II and also got trained in Veritas Suite (Veritas Volume Manager and Veritas Clusters, Veritas NetBackup), SAN Configuration. I was trying to get a break as a junior sun solaris admin. I am applying for the jobs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megadeth
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

rouge process wiping files from a directory

I'm hoping you guys (the experts) can help me. We have a sweep directory (/opt/application/sweep) critical to our application process. The application will lay down a file in that directory, then about 15 seconds later a post process will come along and pick that file up and continue processing.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedrict
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

PEPSI MAX'S 2010 ADVERT.

What do you think about this Ad? O-XZk0yxCzc YouTube - PEPSI MAX'S 2010 FOOTBALL ADVERT FT AKON'S 'OH AFRICA' (FEATURE LENGTH) I can't stop watching it, it is entertaining... What is your best Advert. in 2010??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: malcomex999
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Thank you members and admins

Got a raise and a formal position of 'unix system engineer' in 2016. I would like to thank you members and admins. This would not be possible without you. I will mention some.. Thank you Don, for making me learn and understand the importance of standards, which i try to apply as much as i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peasant
3 Replies
REPORTER-RHTSUPPORT(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL					    REPORTER-RHTSUPPORT(1)

NAME
reporter-rhtsupport - Reports problem to RHTSupport. SYNOPSIS
reporter-rhtsupport [-v] [-c CONFFILE] -d DIR Or: reporter-rhtsupport [-v] [-c CONFFILE] [-d DIR] -t[ID] FILE... DESCRIPTION
The tool reads problem directory DIR. Then it logs in to RHTSupport and creates a new case. The URL to new case is printed to stdout and recorded in reported_to element in DIR. If not specified, CONFFILE defaults to /etc/libreport/plugins/rhtsupport.conf. Option -t uploads FILEs to the already created case on RHTSupport site. The case ID is retrieved from directory specified by -d DIR. If problem data in DIR was never reported to RHTSupport, upload will fail. Option -tCASE uploads FILEs to the case CASE on RHTSupport site. -d DIR is ignored. Configuration file Configuration file lines should have PARAM = VALUE format. The parameters are: Login Login to RHTSupport account. Password Password to RHTSupport account. URL HTTP(S) address. (default: https://api.access.redhat.com/rs) SSLVerify Use yes/true/on/1 to verify server's SSL certificate. (default: yes) Parameters can be overridden via $RHTSupport_PARAM environment variables. Integration with ABRT events reporter-rhtsupport can be used as an ABRT reporter. Example fragment for /etc/libreport/report_event.conf: # Report Python crashes EVENT=report_RHTSupport analyzer=Python reporter-rhtsupport -d . -c /etc/libreport/plugins/rhtsupport.conf OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. -t[ID] Upload FILEs to the already created case on RHTSupport site. SEE ALSO
abrt_event.conf LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-RHTSUPPORT(1)