Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Old SGI Irix UNIX box kernel panics Post 302977823 by pmccpete on Friday 22nd of July 2016 08:49:05 AM
Old 07-22-2016
Old SGI Irix UNIX box kernel panics

I am relatively new to 'older unix' systems but I am hoping someone can help me with the error I am seeing on my box. We have an Irix 6.5 running. Our computer keeps restarting (crashed once) itself, by itself, at random points in the last 5 out of 8 sessions. This is the sys log, that i took a picture of, see link below. I am leaning towards a video/gx card issue?
The card is a 32mb Odyssey

the link is this Dropbox - IMG_2134.JPG

Thanks for any help

Last edited by rbatte1; 07-22-2016 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: Converted text link to actual link

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

linux and irix on sgi

I have an SGI Indigo2 which I bought off of ebay. It has Irix 6.5.15, but I am really not happy with this architecture and the proprietariness of SGI. I have two hard drives. Is it possible to install Redhat Linux on the second drive and run it on the Indigo2? I used Unix in college a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mdbanas
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

IRIX SGI user admin

Hi, I would like to add users to an IRIX system (SGI). Does anyone have any idea of how to add the user? Is there a graphical interface like: admintool(SUN), sam(HPUX), or solstice(SUN) that does the function? Thanks in advance, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vtran4270
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pushd/popd missing on SGI irix 6.5.11

I know that pushd/popd are built into csh, but I'm trying to run a set of 3rd party make files that use sh. My problem is that sh simply squawks that pushd and popd are not found, then the make dies due to the error. I've searched the entire system, and they are indeed missing. Evidently SGI... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbalster
3 Replies

4. IP Networking

cannot ping router from sgi irix

anyone available to help me config sgi octane to netscape and networking mac os X? i have three macs and one sgi. setup on a dsl netopia router. all 4 computers can ping each other by addresses and by names. all the macs can ping the router, but the sgi cannot ping the router, "network is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eidde
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

IRIX (SGI) question

How to change icon of my application (say script file) in IRIX icon view. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kosta_mirkin
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

IRIX 6.5 Boot CDROM for SGI

Hi all ! I'm a french new owner of an Octane workstation with a R10000@195Mhz. I've find a release of IRIX 6.5 thanks to a friend but I've only the tree (files and repertories) on a hard drive with NTFS partition. I try to burn the first installtion Cd (with the miniroot) on Windows Xp with Nero... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nononsch
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running UNIX commands remotely in Windows box from Unix box – avoid entering password

I am able to run the UNIX commands in a Windows box from a UNIX box through "SSH" functionality. But whenever the SSH connection is established between UNIX and Windows, password for windows box is being asked. Is there a way to avoid asking password whenever the SSH connection is made? Can I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: D.kalpana
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

windows on an SGI Octane/IRIX 6.5

I have an SGI Octane. Can I run Windows XP Pro on it?I would like to use SolidWorks and Catia V5, as well as regular productivity software, on this hardware. I have been told that It is very good for design work. Though it is dated it apparently still has some use out of it. I am just trying to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: coxdesigngroup
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sgi box root password

I am new to unix and have questions. We have a older SGI box that boots only to single user mode. I beleive it is doing that because of a failed fsck. The unit passes all hardware tests on boot up but gets to "starting up the system" and fails with the following: "init cannot create /var/adm/utmp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yhillclimb
1 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Kernel panics : trying to write / read on tiny tty driver

I'm a beginner to the Linux programming and trying my hands on some device driver examples while practising. The below code (a trimmed down version of tiny_tty.c from ldd3 book) loads perfectly using insmod and I'm able to see it in /proc/tty/drivers , /proc/modules and device nodes are getting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diwsdiwa
1 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)