Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Formatting text file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Formatting text file Post 302977813 by RavinderSingh13 on Friday 22nd of July 2016 08:06:28 AM
Old 07-22-2016
Hello ROCK_PLSQL,

Could you please try following and let me know if this helps.
Code:
awk -F"[,|=|: ]" '{sub(/\./," ,",$2);sub(/$/," ",$2);print $2 OFS $6 OFS $9 OFS $14}' OFS=", "   Input_file

Output will be as follows.
Code:
tmgnsr ,tpfile_01 , 8, 5900, 27.682
tmgnsr ,tpfile_01 , 5, 1234, 5.12
tmgnsr ,sdcfile_01 , 4, 878172, 27.145
tmgnsr ,sdcfile_02 , 4, 200, 34.624
tmgnsr ,sdcfile_03 , 4, 200, 8.076
tmgnsr ,mndfile_01 , 3, 900, 37.393
tmgnsr ,mndfile_03 , 1, 900, 43.077
tmgnsr ,mndfile_04 , 8, 5900, 16.371
tmgnsr ,mndfile_05 , 1, 30, 10.967
tmgnsr ,mndfile_06 , 8, 900, 6.688
tmgnsr ,mndfile_abc_01 , 8, 900, 22.231

Thanks,
R. Singh

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

text file formatting by perl

have a simple text file as input.i have to print that file in paragraph format.whenevr it finds "\n" in the input text it should start printing in next paragraph in output file.also a fixed amount of space should be given before start writing in every paragraph. the input and output file format... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: avik1983
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a text file based on newline and delimiter characters

Hi Everybody, I need some help on formatting the files coming into unix box on the fly. I get a file some thing like this in a single line. ISA^M00^M ^M00^M ^M14^M006929681900 ^M01^M095449419 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntekupal
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text file formatting

Hi all! I'm new in unix, and faced with some difficulties. So I have text file f.e. "textfile" which contains rows like: aaa bbb ccc ddd How could I format it, so the file looks like: aaabbb cccddd Thanks in andvance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: consta.v
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

formatting of the text file

Hi Guys, I have a file with contents in the below format DO_VJ_IDOC;03.23.2009;22:31:09; ZJDO_VJ_IDOC;03.23.2009;22:46:14; ZJDO_RESEND_FAILURES;03.24.2009;01:46:18; Now i need to replace the semicolons with tabs for which i am usig the sed command which gives the O/p as below ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit.shetty84
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a text file to get data in exact line by line

I have my data something like this SERIAL FIRSTOCCURRENCE NETPROTOCOL 1947430693 07/01/2009 05:16:40 FR SERIAL FIRSTOCCURRENCE NETPROTOCOL 1947430746 07/01/2009 05:18:05 FR I want the output as follows.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting text file in unix

Hi, I am using the following format command for formatting my text file in unix. awk -F":" '{ printf "%-50s%-1s%-50s\n", $1,":", $2}' filename > targetfile The target file is then sent as an attachment via email. When I view the target file in notepad multiple lines get spanned as a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AAA
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting the text file using shell script

How to add the filename to end of each line with | as seperator, except first and last line of the file(s) in directories(with diff tree structure) using shell script?. And also how to replace a list of strings with another set of strings, which is present in a file?. Kindly help out on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: av_vinay
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing and Formatting the text file

hi, I need a script which can format the below text file which contains comments file1.txt -------- //START //Name: some value //Date: //Changes:............. //..................... //END //START //Date: //Name: some value //Changes:............. //..................... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: flamingo_l
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Formatting the text file

Hi All, I ahve requirement where I want to put the text file in into proper format. I am wondering how can i achieve that:- Host/Alias Name IP Address Resolved sinuiy01.infra.go2uti.com 10.240.8.158 N sinuid20.devtst.go2uti.com 10.240.8.230 N sinuid21.devtst.go2uti.com... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a text file

Hi All :), I have a formatting question and I am unsure on how I should proceed with my bash shell script. I am unsure weather to use perl or simply edit it in bash. I prefer bash but I am only aware of the awk utility to extract parts of a file, not edit output. Scenario: I have a file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstrizzy
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)