Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Display lines between timestamp Post 302977791 by zaxxon on Friday 22nd of July 2016 06:54:27 AM
Old 07-22-2016
What have you tried so far and please post a snippet of the log, 5-6 lines using code tags, thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display the timestamp of a server UNIX

I can't find the command shell UNIX to display the timestamp of the current date. It's not an option of the commande date. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicolas
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copy lines from a log file based on timestamp

how to copy lines from a log file based on timestamp. INFO (RbrProcessFlifoEventSessionEJB.java:processFlight:274) - E_20080521_110754_967: rbrAciInfoObjects listing complete! INFO (RbrPnrProcessEventSessionEJB.java:processFlight:197) - Event Seq: 1647575217; Carrier: UA; Flt#: 0106; Origin:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjiadmin
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older then today & display with timestamp info

Small query- I want to do some operation on all the files older then today. Before I do that operation, i want to verify if the command works properly or not. Surprisingly, the command below returns me file, which are created today - find /mrk_archive/PG/ftp/incomming/gbs/2008 -type f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar.mehta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy lines from log files based on timestamp and sysdate

I am sorry to repost this question. it was not clear, and I had the meeting and didn't response the question on time. I do really need help and appreciate your help very much. I'm looking for a simple shell script that will read lots of audit log file (*.aud) in a log fold every 10 minutes,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: percvs88
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate log file lines up to timestamp

Hi, Using sed awk or perl I am trying to do something similar to https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/105887-sed-awk-concatenate-lines-until-blank-line-2.html but my requirement is slightly different. What I am trying to accomplish is to reformat a logfile such that all lines... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlanC
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls -l timestamp display format

The time stamp format using "ls -l" is either mmm dd hh:mm or mmm dd yyyy. For later case, how can I know the hh:mm as well. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pok.fung
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display .bash_history with timestamp using script

Hi would like to ask if there is anyway to display .bash_history with timestamp using shell script? i know that you should use history command with HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " to display it in terminal but it does not work when i use it on shell script. It seem that you can't run history... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pikamon
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display files based on particular file timestamp

Hi, I have requirement to list out files that are created after particular file. ex. I have below files in my directory. I want to display files created after /dirdat/CG1/cg004440 file. ./dirdat/CG1/cg004438 09/07/14 0:44:05 ./dirdat/CG1/cg004439 09/07/14 6:01:48 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp

So basically I have a log file and each line in this log file starts with a timestamp: MON DD HH:MM:SS SEP 15 07:30:01 I need to grep all the lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp. Then these lines will be moved to a tmp file from which I will grep for particular strings. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nms
1 Replies
wml::std::tags(3)						     EN Tools							 wml::std::tags(3)

NAME
wml::std::tags - Standard Support Tags SYNOPSIS
#use wml::std::tags # Pass 2: advanced if constructs <ifdef varname thenval elseval> # Pass 3: support tag <perl> ... </perl> <say> ... </say> # Pass 4: support tag <m4> ... </m4> # Pass 4: symbols <symbol name value> <symbol name undef> # Pass 5: diversions <dump NAME> <enter NAME> ... <leave> <divert NAME> ... </divert> # Pass 6: support tag <asubst ...> ... </asubst> # Client-Side JavaScript: support tag <javascript [version=..] [language=..] [type=..] [src=...] [defer] [nohead] [nolang]> ... </javascript> # Resynchronize line numbers for more accurate pass 3 warnings <sync-lines> DESCRIPTION
This include file defines some standard support tags one needs all the time. All tags are self-explanatory and briefly mentioned in wml_intro(1), except the last two which are described below. "<javascript>": This tag was primarily a shorthand for "<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">" but it has evolved. If the "<head>" tag is defined and is a complex macro, e.g. when calling "wml::std::page", then Javascript code is automatically passed to this macro and should be diverted to the HEAD section of HTML documents. This diversion preserve lang slices in multi-lingual documents. Those features may be disabled by the ``nohead'' and ``nolang'' attributes. "<sync-lines>": WML tries to print information on input file and line numbers when warnings or errors are reported in passes 2 and 3. Some special sentences containing file names and line numbers are inserted during pass 1. So pass 2 have an accurate knowledge of where warnings appear in input file. But it also filters it without preserving lines, so after pass 2 information is almost unusable. By putting "<sync-lines>" in input file, it forces pass 2 to resynchronize information on line numbers. So for debugging pass 3, it could be of some help to insert "<sync-lines>" before ePerl code. AUTHORS
Ralf S. Engelschall rse@engelschall.com www.engelschall.com Denis Barbier barbier@engelschall.com REQUIRES
Internal: P1, P2, P3, P4, P6 External: -- SEE ALSO
wml(1) EN Tools 2014-04-16 wml::std::tags(3)