Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script for remote servers Post 302977789 by kpatel786 on Friday 22nd of July 2016 06:46:39 AM
Old 07-22-2016
Hi ,

I created the final script as per your suggestion however, the script just runs and comes out of loop without asking any inputs:

Code:
:/home/kampatel=> ./working.sh
Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.
Hpux server-1 B.11.31 U ia64 2459719568 unlimited-user license
Enter the dir >
no such file
Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.
HP-UX  Server-2 B.11.31 U ia64 2191140766 unlimited-user license
Enter the dir >
no such file

Script:
------
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
for i in `cat /tmp/list`
do
  ssh -n -t "$i" "$(
  cat << EOF
    uname -a
echo "Enter the dir >"
    read path
if [ -d "$path" ]
then
echo "removing $path as per the input .."
rm $path
else
echo "no such file"
fi
exit
EOF
  )"
done

If written in while loop it also does the same thing completes the loop without asking any input or deleting the files.

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 07-22-2016 at 07:50 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix shell script which inserts some records into a file located in remote servers...

All, I need to write an unix shell script which inserts some records into a file located in remote servers. * Get the input from the user and insert according the first row. It should be in ascending order. 123451,XA,ABA 123452,XB,ABB 123453,XC,ABC 123455,XE,ABE 123456,XF,ABF 123458,XG,ABG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techychap
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running the same remote script on multiple servers

Experts, Im trying to remote into a server, run a script that resides on that server and capture the information displayed & store in a local file. I struggled with this yesterday & finally that script is working now. Now, here is a scope creep and the script that I wrote for 1 remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OMLEELA
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prevent wrong user from using shell script for multiple remote servers

Hi, I am running a shell script from a central server to multiple remote servers using the following code: application_check() { # Linux/UNIX box with ssh key based login SERVERS=`cat /tmp/server-details` # SSH User name USR="user" # create new file > /tmp/abc.log # connect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

C shell scripting, check if link exists on remote servers

Hi, I'm new to C Shell programming. I'm trying to check if a sym link exists on remote server if not send email. I'm not having much luck. Can anyone help? Here is what I have written but it doesn't work. It tells me that my variable was not defined. Here is part of the script, the second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CDi
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Remote execution of a local script on multiple servers

So I have a scriptlet called solaris_command: for i in \ server1 server2 server3 do echo $i ssh $i $1 echo "" done I then use that as a command in multiple scripts to allow for data gathering for all virtual hosts in the environment thusly: solaris_command "cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l"

I need a shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l -u <username>" & "cat /etc/rc.local" & "df -h" and able to create output into a file saved locally with hostname.crontab & hostname.rc.local & disk.status. I can supply a file as list of hostname or IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaipsharma
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to reach remote servers

new3=`cat /tmp/list3` for pol in "$new3" $(su - dbadmin -c "ssh $new3 '/usr//llist'"); do export policy=`echo $pol`; su - dbadmin -c "ssh $x '/usr/policycmd $policy -L |grep -i active; echo $policy'">>/tmp/listxyz;done I am having trouble with this testscript as the file list3 has two names... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script connect to remote servers and become root

Hi, I need a script that will connect to a list of servers and first sudo to root and then run a couple of commands. For security reasons, we can't setup ssh keys as root. Manually I have to login to a server as user and then sudo to root. It's not possible to use root@servername , because of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: misterx12345
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote login and running a script on multiple servers

Hi all, I am baffled on this. Solaris Irix system.:confused: I have 4 servers all connected to one another, :b: I need to write a script line that would login on to server 1-3 ($HOST) start a script in the back ground and log off while the back ground script runs over a length of time.:eek: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: weddy
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running set of commands in remote servers in shell script

Hi Wishing to all. I am very new joined in an organization as a unix system administrator. I need a help in preparing a script for a report. i have a file contains all of the linux/ubuntu servers line by line around 140 servers. vi servers.txt nh01 nh02 nh03 bh01 bh04 - - :wq (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaraswamy
3 Replies
Locale::Script(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Locale::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-03 Locale::Script(3)