Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Display lines between timestamp Post 302977784 by guddu_12 on Friday 22nd of July 2016 06:05:38 AM
Old 07-22-2016
Display lines between timestamp

Hi Gurus,

I have a software which logs event in the log file and it has become to big to search into it.

I want to display all the lines from the log files between
Code:
<Jul 21, 2016 3:30:37 PM BST> to <Jul 21, 2016 3:45:37 PM BST>

that is 15 min data .

Please help

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Use code tags, thanks.

Last edited by zaxxon; 07-22-2016 at 07:44 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

display the timestamp of a server UNIX

I can't find the command shell UNIX to display the timestamp of the current date. It's not an option of the commande date. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicolas
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copy lines from a log file based on timestamp

how to copy lines from a log file based on timestamp. INFO (RbrProcessFlifoEventSessionEJB.java:processFlight:274) - E_20080521_110754_967: rbrAciInfoObjects listing complete! INFO (RbrPnrProcessEventSessionEJB.java:processFlight:197) - Event Seq: 1647575217; Carrier: UA; Flt#: 0106; Origin:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ranjiadmin
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older then today & display with timestamp info

Small query- I want to do some operation on all the files older then today. Before I do that operation, i want to verify if the command works properly or not. Surprisingly, the command below returns me file, which are created today - find /mrk_archive/PG/ftp/incomming/gbs/2008 -type f... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kedar.mehta
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy lines from log files based on timestamp and sysdate

I am sorry to repost this question. it was not clear, and I had the meeting and didn't response the question on time. I do really need help and appreciate your help very much. I'm looking for a simple shell script that will read lots of audit log file (*.aud) in a log fold every 10 minutes,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: percvs88
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate log file lines up to timestamp

Hi, Using sed awk or perl I am trying to do something similar to https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/105887-sed-awk-concatenate-lines-until-blank-line-2.html but my requirement is slightly different. What I am trying to accomplish is to reformat a logfile such that all lines... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: AlanC
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls -l timestamp display format

The time stamp format using "ls -l" is either mmm dd hh:mm or mmm dd yyyy. For later case, how can I know the hh:mm as well. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pok.fung
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display .bash_history with timestamp using script

Hi would like to ask if there is anyway to display .bash_history with timestamp using shell script? i know that you should use history command with HISTTIMEFORMAT="%d/%m/%y %T " to display it in terminal but it does not work when i use it on shell script. It seem that you can't run history... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pikamon
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display files based on particular file timestamp

Hi, I have requirement to list out files that are created after particular file. ex. I have below files in my directory. I want to display files created after /dirdat/CG1/cg004440 file. ./dirdat/CG1/cg004438 09/07/14 0:44:05 ./dirdat/CG1/cg004439 09/07/14 6:01:48 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check timestamp in logfile and display lines upto 3 hours before current timestamp

Hi Friends, I have the following logfile. Currently time in india is 07/31/2014 12:33:34 and i have the following content in logfile. I want to display only those entries which contain string 'Exception' within last 3 hours. In this case, it would be the last line only I can get the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp

So basically I have a log file and each line in this log file starts with a timestamp: MON DD HH:MM:SS SEP 15 07:30:01 I need to grep all the lines between last hour timestamp and current timestamp. Then these lines will be moved to a tmp file from which I will grep for particular strings. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nms
1 Replies
wml::mod::MakeMaker(3)						     EN Tools						    wml::mod::MakeMaker(3)

NAME
wml::mod::MakeMaker - A Makefile generator SYNOPSIS
#!wml -o Makefile #use wml::mod::MakeMaker <write-makefile [attributes]> DESCRIPTION
This include file provides an easy way to write a Makefile to distribute your own WML modules. It is inspired by the "ExtUtils::MakeMaker" Perl module. Default targets make all This is the default target. It will build all include files and their documentation. make install Install include files and documentation in the locations given by ``wml -V2''. make clean Remove files generated by make. make distclean Like make clean, plus remove the Makefile too. make dist Build a distribution. Should only be used by the module maintainer. If there is a MANIFEST file, then the list of files to include is taken from this file. Otherwise the tarball contains all source files, plus MakeMaker.wml, Makefile.wml, shtool and README if these files exist. Overriding default targets To build the Makefile, all targets are put in separate buffers during pass 3, and those buffers are diverted by pass 5. You can override this defaukt target by redefining buffer contents. Buffer names are explicit: MK_ALL MK_INSTALL MK_CLEAN MK_DISTCLEAN MK_CONFIG MK_RELEASE Defining new targets The MK_USER is empty and devoted to this task. ATTRIBUTES
The first three attributes are mandatory. package The name of the package version Its version number modules List of modules to build and install. This is a space separated list of filenames. Modules should reside in a sub-directory to be compliant with actual file hierarchy. For instance, the declaration modules="math/log.tmpl math/exp.tmpl" tells that after compilation, there are two modules which are "math/log.tmpl" and "math/exp.tmpl". This modules will be installed to "LibDir/include/math/log.tmpl" and "LibDir/include/math/exp.tmpl". These modules will then be called in a WML file by #use tmpl::math::log #use tmpl::math::exp Source files for these modules are obtained by replacing the suffix by .src. src-ext Defines an alternate suffix for the source files. man-ext Section number of the manual in which man files are put. Default is 3. extradistfiles Space separated list of files to include in a distribution. By default, all source files plus MakeMaker.wml, Makefile.wml, README and shtool are included in a distribution. EXAMPLE
<write-makefile package="log" version="3.14" modules="math/log.tmpl" source-ext="exp" > This will build the tmpl::math::log include module from the math/log.exp source file. This source file will also produce the tmpl::math::log(3) manpage. NOTES
Please do _not_ use a ".wml" suffix for your modules, they should be reserved for official WML modules shipped with WML. You may instead put your initials or anything else. AUTHOR
Denis Barbier barbier@engelschall.com REQUIRES
Internal: P1, P2, P3, P5 External: -- EN Tools 2014-04-16 wml::mod::MakeMaker(3)