Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Expect in Bash - and then compare md5sum Post 302977752 by Don Cragun on Thursday 21st of July 2016 06:06:02 PM
Old 07-21-2016
I am not sure that I understand the difference between this thread and your earlier thread: Compare md5sum two servers' setup. But, whether or not they are the same topic, I don't understand why you are trying to rewrite code to perform what rsync already does??? What makes you think that rsync only compares file sizes to determine if a file has changed?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

expect in bash script

Hi, I'm writing a shell script that calls a few commands that prompt the user for two simple yes/no questions. if the answers are consistent (the first is a yes, the second is a no), what would my expect script look like? Google is only giving me answers for scripts where I telnet or ssh. right now... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: js741
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect in bash to get the return value

cat test.sh #!/bin/sh expect <<- EOF set timeout 5 spawn ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no lyang0@128.224.178.245 -C mkdir -p /tmp expect { "Password:" {send "root\r"} } spawn scp -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no /tmp/1 lyang0@128.224.178.245:/tmp/ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare files in directories with md5sum

And not to start. I can compare files, that's easy. The problem is that I compare files in a directory, and check if these files exist in another directory. The problem is that the file names are not the same. So I have to compare with "md5sum" or something similar. How I can do? All this in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jomeaide
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect - bash and variables

I was wondering if anyone could provide some assistance. I trying to run an expect script within bash and get the results of a variable called RESULT. I Have tried a few things but none of them have worked. I know that the child process (the expect script) in this instance cannot set a variable... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ylafont
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with expect and sftp in bash

I'm having trouble with some automated sftp pulls. I'm using expect inside bash scripts and spawning SFTP. Some times the expect seems bog down. I have tried to put sleeps in my code to give everything time to work before I move on to next step but I till continue to get issues. For example when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gosteen
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare md5sum two servers' setup

I'm trying to think of a way to compare two boxes and make sure their files will be the same. There may be extra files on one side and some on the other. I also need to make sure the file content is identical. So far I've gotten this to create a file find /directorypath/ -type f -name... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xgringo
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script with expect

Dear all Hi I want use expect in bash so that we can not use these with each other /bin/bash. With. /usr/bin/expect How can use these with on script or how can call a script from other script #!/bin/bash clear echo "================================== " echo "Enter your Esxi IP"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Baber
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash expect problem

Hey there :) I have a Bash Script and I'm trying to update Roundcube, but theres a user interactive line like: bin/installto.sh /var/www/mail/rc Upgrading from 1.1.3. Do you want to continue? (y/N) I'm trying to avoid this user interaction like this: cd roundcubemail-1.2.1 >/dev/null... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aeris
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two md5sum

Hello, First of all I want to apologize because i'm not a admin or coder and maybe all my efforts to write only this small script in my life would need one week full time reading man pages and forums but... I don't have the money to offer me to get this time and the script I want to do seems... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: toscan
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bash script + expect

im very happy to back for this forum I have servers with alias of double dns extentions: sample: servera.test.com servera.test1.com serverb.test.com serverb.test1.com I need to login to that severs and executing the set of commands if test.com failed then try to login via... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash0106
0 Replies
rsync_selinux(8)					rsync Selinux Policy documentation					  rsync_selinux(8)

NAME
rsync_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the rsync daemon DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the rsync server via flexible mandatory access control. FILE_CONTEXTS SELinux requires files to have an extended attribute to define the file type. Policy governs the access daemons have to these files. If you want to share files using the rsync daemon, you must label the files and directories public_content_t. So if you created a special directory /var/rsync, you would need to label the directory with the chcon tool. chcon -t public_content_t /var/rsync To make this change permanent (survive a relabel), use the semanage command to add the change to file context configuration: semanage fcontext -a -t public_content_t "/var/rsync(/.*)?" This command adds the following entry to /etc/selinux/POLICYTYPE/contexts/files/file_contexts.local: /var/rsync(/.*)? system_u:object_r:publix_content_t:s0 Run the restorecon command to apply the changes: restorecon -R -v /var/rsync/ SHARING FILES
If you want to share files with multiple domains (Apache, FTP, rsync, Samba), you can set a file context of public_content_t and pub- lic_content_rw_t. These context allow any of the above domains to read the content. If you want a particular domain to write to the pub- lic_content_rw_t domain, you must set the appropriate boolean. allow_DOMAIN_anon_write. So for rsync you would execute: setsebool -P allow_rsync_anon_write=1 BOOLEANS
system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com>. SEE ALSO
selinux(8), rsync(1), chcon(1), setsebool(8), semanage(8) dwalsh@redhat.com 17 Jan 2005 rsync_selinux(8)