Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grepping only if condition matches Post 302977656 by anushree.a on Thursday 21st of July 2016 03:18:14 AM
Old 07-21-2016
Grepping only if condition matches

Dear Friends,

I have a flat file which is as follows

Code:
$cat sample
sdfas,345,1,1,1,1
dfgd,234,2,3,4,1
ggffgr,234,4,3,2,1
jkhu,354.1,1,1,1
$

I want to get output of only those lines which has '1' in 3 to 5 position.

So I want output as follows

Code:
sdfas,345,1,1,1,1
jkhu,354.1,1,1,1

Kindly guide.
Anu.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment ... more code tags.

Last edited by zaxxon; 07-21-2016 at 05:16 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grepping

Is there a way to grep for something and then print out 10 lines after it. for example if I want to grep for a word, then output the following 10 or whatever number of lines after the word. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eloquent99
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grepping around

Using shell scripts, I use grep to find the word “error” in a log file: grep error this.log. How can I print or get the line 3 lines below the line that word “error” is located? Thanks in advance for your response. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbeauty
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help on grepping

Hi All, I have a log file and I want to parse the logfile with a script.A sample text is shown below: I would grep on "return code " on this file. Any idea how the lines above and below the grep patterns could also be extracted. Thanks! nua7 The runLoggingInstall return code is 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Difference between [condition] and [[condition]] and ((condition)) when used with if condition

Executed the following if conditions .. and got different results . only (( )) gave correct o/p with all scenarios . Can anybody please let me know what is the difference between and ] and ((condition)) when used with if condition. And why each condition gave different result. 1.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soumyabubun
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect stdout echo command in condition A run in condition B

hi, I have some problems in my simple script about the redirect echo stdout command inside a condition. Why is the echo command inside the elif still execute in the else command Here are my simple script After check on the two diff output the echo stdout redirect is present in two diff... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jao_madn
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grepping multiple matches in a single string

Hi All, I'm trying to grep for 3 patterns in a string of gibberish. It so happens that each line is appended by a date/time stamp and i was able to figure out how to extract only the datetime. here is the string.. i have to display tinker tailor soldier spy Please can some help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send email if the condition matches

Hello everyone, I am trying to create function or script to send email from an address book file. Here is the file format i have, Susan:Miller:M:123 Main Street:Philadelphia:PA:17101:666-645-6666:Susan.Miller@gmail.com:07/12/1979 Robert:Langan:S:32 North Avenue:San... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asistant
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files and print matches and non-matches in separate files

Hi all, I have two files, chap.txt and complex.txt. chap.txt looks like this: a d l m r k complex.txt looks like this: a c d e l m n j a d l p q r c p r m ......... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AshwaniSharma09
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition return 0 even when it fails to satisfy te condition

HI My doubt may be basic one but I need to get it clarified.. When i use "if" condition that checks for many AND, OR logical conditions like if ]; then return 0 fi Even the if condition fails it returns as zero.. Any clue.. But if i add else condition like if ]; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find a text and if condition matches then replace it

Need a script that can find text in a file and replace it accordingly. This is the file I have: while IFS=',' read -r f1 f2 f3 do { nohup /home/testuser/dbmaintenance/sys_offline_maintenance.sh $f1 $f2 $f3 > $f2.out & } done < "/home/testuser/dbmaintenance/week1offlineserver.txt" In... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: singhhe
4 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)