Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to count the field and add String? Post 302977525 by vutung1991 on Tuesday 19th of July 2016 11:59:36 AM
Old 07-19-2016
yes this is a part of my homework but i don't know how to solve it. I think i don't need to count the field and just add to the end of the head line. I'm using linux Mint terminal.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

count the number of field in a string with deliminter

hi i am new to shell and would like ask some question about shell how am i suppose to count the number of fields with delementer example a:b:c:d would return me 4 how am i going to do it using shell?? what is the syntax for file locking? thanks a lot (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: yang
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Count of Field for Non-Empty

Hi Guys, I wanted to count the number of records for a particular field of a file. whose fields are separated by comma"," I fI use this command. cat "filename" cut -sd "," -f13 | wc -l This shows all the lines count including the blank values for the field number 13. I wanted to count... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk-Group count of field

Hi, Suppose if i am having a file with following records as given below. 5555 6756 5555 4555 4555 6767 how can i get the count of each record using AWK. Eg:5555 count should be 2 4555 count should be 2 6767 count should be 1 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinivt
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count number of occurences of a character in a field defined by the character in another field

Hello, I have a text file with n lines in the following format (9 column fields): Example: contig00012 149606 G C 49 68 60 18 c$cccccacccccccccc^c I need to count the number of lower-case and upper-case occurences in column 9, respectively, of the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: s052866
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Search text string in field, not all in field.

Hello, I am using awk to match text in a tab separated field and am able to do so when matching the exact word. My problem is that I would like to match any sequence of text in the tab-separated field without having to match it all. Any help will be appreciated. Please see the code below. awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocket_dog
3 Replies

6. Linux

How do I format a Date field of a .CSV file with multiple commas in a string field?

I have a .CSV file (file.csv) whose data are all enclosed in double quotes. Sample format of the file is as below: column1,column2,column3,column4,column5,column6, column7, Column8, Column9, Column10 "12","B000QRIGJ4","4432","string with quotes, and with a comma, and colon: in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep a string and count following lines starting with another string

I have a large dataset with following structure; C 0001 Carbon D SAR001 methane D SAR002 ethane D SAR003 propane D SAR004 butane D SAR005 pentane C 0002 Hydrogen C 0003 Nitrogen C 0004 Oxygen D SAR011 ozone D SAR012 super oxide C 0005 Sulphur D SAR013... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syeda Sumayya
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add specific string to last field of each line in perl based on value

I am trying to add a condition to the below perl that will capture the GTtag and place a specific string in the last field of each line. The problem is that the GT value used is not right after the tag rather it is a few fields away. The values should always be 0/1 or 1/2 and are in bold in the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to skip header row and add string to field

The awk below does put in VUS in the 9th field but I can not seem to skip the header then add the VUS. I tried to incorporate NR >=2 and NR > 1 with no luck. Thank you :). input Chr Start End Ref Alt Func.refGene PopFreqMax CLINSIG Classification chr1 43395635 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk Associative Array and/or Referring to Field by String (Nonconstant String Value)

I will start with an example of what I'm trying to do and then describe how I am approaching the issue. File PS028,005 Lexeme HRS # M # PhraseType 1(1:1) 7(7) PhraseLab 501 503 ClauseType ZYq0 PS028,005 Lexeme W # L> # BNH # M #... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
17 Replies
GSLP(1) 							    Ghostscript 							   GSLP(1)

NAME
gslp - Format and print text using ghostscript gsbj - Format and print text for BubbleJet printer using ghostscript gsdj - Format and print text for DeskJet printer using ghostscript gsdj500 - Format and print text for DeskJet 500 BubbleJet using ghostscript gslj - Format and print text for LaserJet printer using ghostscript SYNOPSIS
gslp -12BclqRr -b<header> -f<font> -F<hfont> -L<lines> -p<outfile> -T<n> --add-to-space <units> --add-to-width <units> --columns <n> --detect --first-page <n> --kern <file.afm> --last-page <n> --(heading|footing)-(left|center|right) <string> --margin-(top|bot- tom|left|right) <inches> --no-eject-(file|formfeed) --spacing <n> [gs options] [files] gsbj [options] [files] gsdj [options] [files] gsdj500 [options] [files] gslj [options] [files] DESCRIPTION
This utility provides functionality approximately equivalent to the Unix enscript(1) program. It prints plain text files using a single font. It currently handles tabs and formfeeds, but not backspaces. It will line-wrap when using fixed-pitch fonts. It will also do kern- ing and width adjustment. The default device (-sDEVICE=) and resolution (-r) are as follows: gslp epson 180 gsbj bj10e 180 gsdj deskjet 300 gsdj500 djet500 300 gslj laserjet 300 By default the current date is formatted as the center header. OPTIONS
Standard switches implemented: -12BclqRr -b<header> -f<font> -F<hfont> -L<lines> -p<outfile> Sun switches implemented: -T<n> set tab width Switches ignored: -GghKkmow -# -C -d -J -n -P -S -s -t -v Switches added: --add-to-space <units> add the given number of 1/72" units to the width of each space (may be negative) --add-to-width <units> add the given number of 1/72" units to the width of each character (may be negative) --columns <n> print in <n> columns --detect treat the file as PostScript if it starts with %! --first-page <n> start printing at page <n> --kern <file.afm> kern using information from the given .AFM file --last-page <n> stop printing after page <n> --(heading|footing)-(left|center|right) <string> set the heading/footing fields; use -B first to clear --margin-(top|bottom|left|right) <inches> set a margin --no-eject-(file|formfeed) end-of-file/FF only starts a new column, not a new sheet --spacing <n> use double (n=2), triple (n=3), etc. spacing Also, the string %# in a heading or footing is replaced with the page #. SEE ALSO
gs(1) VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 9.07. AUTHOR
Artifex Software, Inc. are the primary maintainers of Ghostscript. This manpage by George Ferguson. 9.07 12 February 2013 GSLP(1)