Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using sed inside system call in awk Post 302977516 by pilnet101 on Tuesday 19th of July 2016 09:38:50 AM
Old 07-19-2016
That method is quite an overkill by the looks of it. You could simply do something like this (providing you have an bash/ksh that supports this form of parameter expansion):

Code:
fs="/one/two/three/"
tmp=${fs%/}
echo ${tmp:-/} # The expected result

I imagine there are even smarter ways to.

Last edited by pilnet101; 07-19-2016 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: POSIX friendly now

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a system call for sed in a awk script

Hi, this is my test file : DELETE FROM TABLE WHERE ID_INTERNAL = :TABLE.ID-INTERNAL, ID-INTERNAL-CRAZY ID-INTERNAL-OPEN ID-INTERNAL /ID-INTERNAL/ I want all occurences of ID-INTERNAL replaced with a one, if ID-INTERNAL has and dash afer it , dont replace it example:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seaten
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to differentiate system call from library call

Hi, Ho do I differentiate system call from library call? for example if I am using chmod , how do I find out if it is a system call or library call? Thanks Muru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muru
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to assign a value to several variables inside awk call

Hi I am using 'awk" to get file size and date of the file: op - sundev3 $ ls -l /bb/bin/tsfiles.sel | awk '{print $5 $6 $7}' 1587May8 May be somobody knows the way to combine this command with variable assignmet inside the awk, so I would have variables SIZE, MONTH and DATE assigned after... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending string (charachters inside the line) to a fixed width file using awk or sed

Source File: abcdefghijklmnop01qrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnop02qrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnop03qrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnop04qrstuvwxyz abcdefghijklmnop05qrstuvwxyz Whatever characters are in 17-18 on each line of the file, it should be concatenated to the same line at the character number... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamahomekarasu
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing argument to system call in awk script

So, I have this script. It reads a CSV file that has a mixture of object names with IP addresses (parsing out that part I have working), and object names which have a DNS name. I want to be able to run a "dig +short" based off of the name given to me in the line of the awk script, and then deal... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikesimone
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

System call using awk on Solaris

I'm brand new to awk and need your help. I want to be able to shut down my workstations when they become to hot (because we've lost our cooling). I found a really neat way to monitor the temperature of the system and a short, simple awk scipt to use with it: /usr/sbin/prtpicl -v -c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: natural
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoking system(cmd) inside awk command

Hi, I was searching for a way to grep 2 lines before and after a certain keyword, and I came across the following code.. awk "\$0 ~ /ORA-/ { cmd=\"awk 'NR>=\" NR-2 \" && NR<=\" NR+2 \"' init.ora\" system(cmd) }" input_file I could not understand how this works. What is system() ? what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kulasekar
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed inside awk

What I want to do is delete everything upto the last underscore (_) in column 2. awk '{ $2=$(echo $2 | sed 's/.*_//'); print $0}' Sed works fine if I echo the string into it, this doesnt work inside awk. What am I doing wrong? Similarly, how do I store the substring starting with a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: senhia83
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk statement piped inside sed

Hello folks, I have multiple occurrences of the pattern: ).: where is any digit, in various text context but the pattern is unique as this regex. And I need to turn this decimal fraction into an integer (corresponding percent value: the range of 0-100). What I'm doing is: cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roussine
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed inside the awk script to replace a string in the array

The requirement is i need to find an array value matching with pattern {5:{ , replace that with 5: and reassign that to same array index and print it. I write something like below and the issue is sed command is not working. If i replace " with "`" the script gives syntax error.how can i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya123
8 Replies
Plack::Session::Store::File(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Plack::Session::Store::File(3pm)

NAME
Plack::Session::Store::File - Basic file-based session store SYNOPSIS
use Plack::Builder; use Plack::Middleware::Session; use Plack::Session::Store::File; my $app = sub { return [ 200, [ 'Content-Type' => 'text/plain' ], [ 'Hello Foo' ] ]; }; builder { enable 'Session', store => Plack::Session::Store::File->new( dir => '/path/to/sessions' ); $app; }; # with custom serializer/deserializer builder { enable 'Session', store => Plack::Session::Store::File->new( dir => '/path/to/sessions', # YAML takes it's args the opposite order serializer => sub { YAML::DumpFile( reverse @_ ) }, deserializer => sub { YAML::LoadFile( @_ ) }, ); $app; }; DESCRIPTION
This implements a basic file based storage for session data. By default it will use Storable to serialize and deserialize the data, but this can be configured easily. This is a subclass of Plack::Session::Store and implements its full interface. METHODS
new ( %params ) The %params can include dir, serializer and deserializer options. It will check to be sure that the dir is writable for you. dir This is the directory to store the session data files in, if nothing is provided then "/tmp" is used. serializer This is a CODE reference that implements the serialization logic. The CODE ref gets two arguments, the $value, which is a HASH reference to be serialized, and the $file_path to save it to. It is not expected to return anything. deserializer This is a CODE reference that implements the deserialization logic. The CODE ref gets one argument, the $file_path to load the data from. It is expected to return a HASH reference. BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan.little@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2009, 2010 Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.4 2011-07-27 Plack::Session::Store::File(3pm)