Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell script for remote servers Post 302977512 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 19th of July 2016 09:04:02 AM
Old 07-19-2016
The read command is trying to use stdin which is used by the here document (<< EOF). I would suggest trying something like this:
Code:
  ssh "$i" "$(
  cat << EOF
    uname -a
    cd ~user
    echo "Enter the dir >"
    read dir
EOF
  )"

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

unix shell script which inserts some records into a file located in remote servers...

All, I need to write an unix shell script which inserts some records into a file located in remote servers. * Get the input from the user and insert according the first row. It should be in ascending order. 123451,XA,ABA 123452,XB,ABB 123453,XC,ABC 123455,XE,ABE 123456,XF,ABF 123458,XG,ABG... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techychap
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running the same remote script on multiple servers

Experts, Im trying to remote into a server, run a script that resides on that server and capture the information displayed & store in a local file. I struggled with this yesterday & finally that script is working now. Now, here is a scope creep and the script that I wrote for 1 remote... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OMLEELA
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prevent wrong user from using shell script for multiple remote servers

Hi, I am running a shell script from a central server to multiple remote servers using the following code: application_check() { # Linux/UNIX box with ssh key based login SERVERS=`cat /tmp/server-details` # SSH User name USR="user" # create new file > /tmp/abc.log # connect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mystition
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

C shell scripting, check if link exists on remote servers

Hi, I'm new to C Shell programming. I'm trying to check if a sym link exists on remote server if not send email. I'm not having much luck. Can anyone help? Here is what I have written but it doesn't work. It tells me that my variable was not defined. Here is part of the script, the second... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CDi
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Remote execution of a local script on multiple servers

So I have a scriptlet called solaris_command: for i in \ server1 server2 server3 do echo $i ssh $i $1 echo "" done I then use that as a command in multiple scripts to allow for data gathering for all virtual hosts in the environment thusly: solaris_command "cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l"

I need a shell script using expect to login to couple of remote servers and read "crontab -l -u <username>" & "cat /etc/rc.local" & "df -h" and able to create output into a file saved locally with hostname.crontab & hostname.rc.local & disk.status. I can supply a file as list of hostname or IP... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaipsharma
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with script to reach remote servers

new3=`cat /tmp/list3` for pol in "$new3" $(su - dbadmin -c "ssh $new3 '/usr//llist'"); do export policy=`echo $pol`; su - dbadmin -c "ssh $x '/usr/policycmd $policy -L |grep -i active; echo $policy'">>/tmp/listxyz;done I am having trouble with this testscript as the file list3 has two names... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script connect to remote servers and become root

Hi, I need a script that will connect to a list of servers and first sudo to root and then run a couple of commands. For security reasons, we can't setup ssh keys as root. Manually I have to login to a server as user and then sudo to root. It's not possible to use root@servername , because of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: misterx12345
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remote login and running a script on multiple servers

Hi all, I am baffled on this. Solaris Irix system.:confused: I have 4 servers all connected to one another, :b: I need to write a script line that would login on to server 1-3 ($HOST) start a script in the back ground and log off while the back ground script runs over a length of time.:eek: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: weddy
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running set of commands in remote servers in shell script

Hi Wishing to all. I am very new joined in an organization as a unix system administrator. I need a help in preparing a script for a report. i have a file contains all of the linux/ubuntu servers line by line around 140 servers. vi servers.txt nh01 nh02 nh03 bh01 bh04 - - :wq (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaraswamy
3 Replies
term::receive(n)						 Terminal control						  term::receive(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
term::receive - General input from terminals SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.4 package require term::receive ?0.1? ::term::receive::getch ?chan? ::term::receive::listen cmd ?chan? cmd process string cmd eof ::term::receive::unlisten ?chan? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides the most primitive commands for receiving characters to a terminal. They are in essence convenient wrappers around the builtin commands read and fileevent. ::term::receive::getch ?chan? This command reads a single character from the channel with handle chan and returns it as the result of the command. If not specified chan defaults to stdin. It is the responsibility of the caller to make sure that the channel can provide single characters. On unix this can be done, for example, by using the command of package term::ansi::ctrl::unix. ::term::receive::listen cmd ?chan? This command sets up a filevent listener for the channel with handle chan and invokes the command prefix cmd whenever characters have been received, or EOF was reached. If not specified chan defaults to stdin. The signature of the command prefix is cmd process string This method is invoked when characters were received, and string holds them for processing. cmd eof This method is invoked when EOF was reached on the channel we listen on. It will be the last call to be received by the callback. ::term::receive::unlisten ?chan? This command disables the filevent listener for the channel with handle chan. If not specified chan defaults to stdin. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category term of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
character input, control, get character, listener, receiver, terminal COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006 Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> term 0.1 term::receive(n)