Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Don Cragun
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Don Cragun Post 302977376 by ElGato on Sunday 17th of July 2016 04:09:01 AM
Old 07-17-2016
Don Cragun

Hi Don

I apologise, it wasn't my intention to double post.

Soon after posting the original I noticed a typo in the subject so partly because I didn't want to confuse and distract from what I was seeking, but if I'm honest mostly down to my OCD, I wanted to correct it. However I couldn't see any way of amending the title, or even closing the post so I marked it as solved and created a new one.

Apologies again for breaking forum rules.

DBIx::Class::Helper::Row::StorageValues(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	      DBIx::Class::Helper::Row::StorageValues(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Helper::Row::StorageValues - Keep track of stored vs in-memory row values VERSION
version 2.013002 SYNOPSIS
package MyApp::Schema::Result::BlogPost; use parent 'DBIx::Class::Core'; __PACKAGE__->load_components(qw(Helper::Row::StorageValues)); __PACKAGE__->table('BlogPost'); __PACKAGE__->add_columns( id => { data_type => 'integer', is_auto_increment => 1, }, title => { data_type => 'varchar', length => 32, keep_storage_value => 1, }, body => { data_type => 'text', }, ); 1; # elsewhere: my $post = $blog_rs->create({ title => 'Components for fun and profit', body => '...', }); $post->title('Components for fun'); warn sprintf 'Changing title from %s to %s', $post->storage_value('title'), $post->title; $post->update; DESCRIPTION
This component keeps track of the value for a given column in the database. If you change the column's value and do not call "update", the "storage_value" will be different; once "update" is called the "storage_value" will be set to the value of the accessor. Note that the fact that it uses the accessor is an important distinction. If you are using DBIx::Class::FilterColumn or DBIx::Class::InflateColumn it will get the non-storage or inflated values, respectively. METHODS
_has_storage_value $self->_has_storage_value('colname') returns true if we should store the storage value from the database. Override this if you'd like to enable storage on all integers or something like that: sub _has_storage_value { my ( $self, $column ) = @_; my $info = $self->column_info($column); return defined $info->{data_type} && $info->{data_type} eq 'integer'; } storage_value_columns $self->storage_value_columns returns a list of columns to store get_storage_value $self->get_storage_value('colname') returns the value for that column which is in storage AUTHOR
Arthur Axel "fREW" Schmidt <frioux+cpan@gmail.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Arthur Axel "fREW" Schmidt. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-18 DBIx::Class::Helper::Row::StorageValues(3pm)