Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: One liners, quick rant...
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? One liners, quick rant... Post 302977353 by Neo on Saturday 16th of July 2016 02:25:23 PM
Old 07-16-2016
I think many people are just into superficial things; and trying to be "cool" writing one liners is one of those mostly useless superficial things many people are into, I guess.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I rant?

First of all, apologies to the admins for not reading the rules totally and missing the bit about ranting off about other OSs. But that raises a question. Where do you go to have a good rant, to vent your disgust at various corporations and thier hideous behaviour? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u6ik
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - one liners

Guys, I have a requirement like this. A file has >5K records always. Separated by "|", it has 30 fields for each line. In some lines, I am getting an odd field. say, the 15th field is supposed to be 2 characters but comes in as >2. In this case, for resolving this I need to copy the value of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
6 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Those simple one liners

I wanted to say LOL and punch my face when I saw post#11 (where Don_Cragun even reduced the string manipulation with a simple regex) in the thread https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/220553-add-0-start-filename-2.html I mean, when things can be done with just a one liner, sometimes I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
6 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

A rant...

Hi guys... (Apologies for any typos etc...) This is basically a rant. I have been doing kids level projects and writing code to suit since around 1982, for the uProfessor, for the Sinclair Spectrum and later for the QL, IBM-XT in MS-DOS and after that for a 386DX40 up to Windows 95, until I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
3 Replies
MONGOCOLLECTION.AGGREGATECURSOR(3)					 1					MONGOCOLLECTION.AGGREGATECURSOR(3)

MongoCollection::aggregateCursor - Execute an aggregation pipeline command and retrieve results through a cursor

SYNOPSIS
public MongoCommandCursor MongoCollection::aggregateCursor (array $command, [array $options]) DESCRIPTION
With this method you can execute Aggregation Framework pipelines and retrieve the results through a cursor, instead of getting just one document back as you would with MongoCollection::aggregate. This method returns a MongoCommandCursor object. This cursor object implements the Iterator interface just like the MongoCursor objects that are returned by the MongoCollection::find method. Note The resulting MongoCommandCursor will inherit this collection's read preference. MongoCommandCursor::setReadPreference may be used to change the read preference before iterating on the cursor. PARAMETERS
o $pipeline - The Aggregation Framework pipeline to execute. o $options -Options for the aggregation command. Valid options include: o "allowDiskUse"Allow aggregation stages to write to temporary files o "cursor" It is possible to configure how many initial documents the server should return with the first result set. The default initial batch size is 101. You can change it by adding the batchSize option: <?php $collection->aggregateCursor( $pipeline, [ "cursor" => [ "batchSize" => 4 ] ] ); MongoCommandCursor::batchSize method on the returned MongoCommandCursor object. o "explain" Return information on the processing of the pipeline. This option may cause the command to return a result docu- ment that is unsuitable for constructing a MongoCommandCursor. If you need to use this option, you should consider using MongoCollection::aggregate. o "maxTimeMS"Specifies a cumulative time limit in milliseconds for processing the operation (does not include idle time). If the operation is not completed within the timeout period, a MongoExecutionTimeoutException will be thrown. RETURN VALUES
Returns a MongoCommandCursor object. Because this implements the Iterator interface you can iterate over each of the results as returned by the command query. The MongoCommandCursor also implements the MongoCursorInterface interface which adds the MongoCommandCursor::batch- Size, MongoCommandCursor::dead, MongoCommandCursor::info methods. EXAMPLES
Example #1 MongoCollection.aggregateCursor(3) example Finding all of the distinct values for a key. <?php $m = new MongoClient; $db = $m->test; $people = $db->people; $people->drop(); $people->insert(array("name" => "Joe", "points" => 4)); $people->insert(array("name" => "Molly", "points" => 43)); $people->insert(array("name" => "Sally", "points" => 22)); $people->insert(array("name" => "Joe", "points" => 22)); $people->insert(array("name" => "Molly", "points" => 87)); $ages = $people->aggregateCursor( [ [ '$group' => [ '_id' => '$name', 'points' => [ '$sum' => '$points' ] ] ], [ '$sort' => [ 'points' => -1 ] ], ] ); foreach ($ages as $person) { echo "{$person['_id']}: {$person['points']} "; } ?> The above example will output something similar to: Joe: 26 Sally: 22 Example #2 MongoCollection.aggregateCursor(3) example with different initial batch size Finding all of the distinct values for a key. <?php $m = new MongoClient; $db = $m->test; $people = $db->people; $people->drop(); /* Insert some sample data */ $people->insert(array("name" => "Joe", "points" => 4)); $people->insert(array("name" => "Molly", "points" => 43)); $people->insert(array("name" => "Sally", "points" => 22)); $people->insert(array("name" => "Joe", "points" => 22)); $people->insert(array("name" => "Molly", "points" => 87)); /* Run the command cursor */ $ages = $people->aggregateCursor( [ [ '$group' => [ '_id' => '$name', 'points' => [ '$sum' => '$points' ] ] ], [ '$sort' => [ 'points' => -1 ] ], ], [ "cursor" => [ "batchSize" => 4 ] ] ); foreach ($ages as $person) { echo "{$person['_id']}: {$person['points']} "; } ?> The above example will output something similar to: Joe: 26 Sally: 22 SEE ALSO
MongoDB::command, MongoCommandCursor, MongoCommandCursor::batchSize, MongoCollection::aggregate, The MongoDB aggregation framework. PHP Documentation Group MONGOCOLLECTION.AGGREGATECURSOR(3)