Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: One liners, quick rant...
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? One liners, quick rant... Post 302977348 by wisecracker on Saturday 16th of July 2016 10:20:00 AM
Old 07-16-2016
One liners, quick rant...

Hi fellas and fella-esses...

There are numerous threads on here where people ask for, and often expect, solutions to difficult problems solved using _one_liners_.

Why do they insist as such when it is virtually no different in execution time with well thought out indented code?

Is it me just being picky?

Your thoughts...
This User Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I rant?

First of all, apologies to the admins for not reading the rules totally and missing the bit about ranting off about other OSs. But that raises a question. Where do you go to have a good rant, to vent your disgust at various corporations and thier hideous behaviour? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u6ik
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - one liners

Guys, I have a requirement like this. A file has >5K records always. Separated by "|", it has 30 fields for each line. In some lines, I am getting an odd field. say, the 15th field is supposed to be 2 characters but comes in as >2. In this case, for resolving this I need to copy the value of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
6 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Those simple one liners

I wanted to say LOL and punch my face when I saw post#11 (where Don_Cragun even reduced the string manipulation with a simple regex) in the thread https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/220553-add-0-start-filename-2.html I mean, when things can be done with just a one liner, sometimes I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
6 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

A rant...

Hi guys... (Apologies for any typos etc...) This is basically a rant. I have been doing kids level projects and writing code to suit since around 1982, for the uProfessor, for the Sinclair Spectrum and later for the QL, IBM-XT in MS-DOS and after that for a 386DX40 up to Windows 95, until I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
3 Replies
smhassist(1M)															     smhassist(1M)

NAME
smhassist - check System Management Homepage configuration problems and recommend solutions SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
is a command-line utility that checks SMH installation and configuration problems and recommends solutions. checks for common SMH instal- lation problems, daemons that must be running but are not running, ports that must be open but are not, and other configuration problems. At the end of the check, generates a report of the problems and recommendations to resolve the problems. Some of the checks done are: 1. swverify on HPSMH 2. swverify on Apache and required patches 3. swverify on WBEM and OpenSSL 4. check for hpsmh group and users 5. check for 2301 and 2381 ports 6. check for smh daemons A detailed output of is logged to the file at /opt/hpsmh/logs/smhassist.log checks and recommends solutions to problems in SMH only. does not perform checks on SMH plugins (applications within SMH) such as fsweb, pdweb, kcweb, and so on. Options supports the following options -v Print verbose output FILES
/opt/hpsmh/logs/smhassist.log - Stores detailed log output of smhassist SEE ALSO
smhstartconfig(1M), hpsmh(1M). AUTHOR
was developed by Hewlett-Packard. smhassist(1M)