Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: One liners, quick rant...
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? One liners, quick rant... Post 302977348 by wisecracker on Saturday 16th of July 2016 10:20:00 AM
Old 07-16-2016
One liners, quick rant...

Hi fellas and fella-esses...

There are numerous threads on here where people ask for, and often expect, solutions to difficult problems solved using _one_liners_.

Why do they insist as such when it is virtually no different in execution time with well thought out indented code?

Is it me just being picky?

Your thoughts...
This User Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I rant?

First of all, apologies to the admins for not reading the rules totally and missing the bit about ranting off about other OSs. But that raises a question. Where do you go to have a good rant, to vent your disgust at various corporations and thier hideous behaviour? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u6ik
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - one liners

Guys, I have a requirement like this. A file has >5K records always. Separated by "|", it has 30 fields for each line. In some lines, I am getting an odd field. say, the 15th field is supposed to be 2 characters but comes in as >2. In this case, for resolving this I need to copy the value of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PikK45
6 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Those simple one liners

I wanted to say LOL and punch my face when I saw post#11 (where Don_Cragun even reduced the string manipulation with a simple regex) in the thread https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/220553-add-0-start-filename-2.html I mean, when things can be done with just a one liner, sometimes I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
6 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

A rant...

Hi guys... (Apologies for any typos etc...) This is basically a rant. I have been doing kids level projects and writing code to suit since around 1982, for the uProfessor, for the Sinclair Spectrum and later for the QL, IBM-XT in MS-DOS and after that for a 386DX40 up to Windows 95, until I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
3 Replies
SMPPPD-C.CONF(5)						      SMPPPD							  SMPPPD-C.CONF(5)

NAME
smpppd-c.conf - configuration file for smpppd frontends DESCRIPTION
When frontends of smpppd like cinternet , qinternet or kinternet want to connect the smpppd they may read the file /etc/smpppd-c.conf. The configuration file /etc/smpppd-c.conf has a simple file format with a key = value pair in each line. OPTIONS
sites = <list of sites> Tell the frontends where to find the smpppd. Frontends will try to connect to the smpppd in the order defined here. Possible sites are: local Connect to locally running smpppd (via socket in the local namespace). gateway Connect to smpppd running on the gateway. config-file Connect to smpppd as specified in this file. slp Connect to smpppd as retrived from the slp daemon (service location protocol). server = <server> Specifies the host on which the smpppd is running. port = <port> Specifies the port number of the smpppd. password = <password> The password to use for authentication at the smpppd, UTF-8 encoded for those who really care. SEE ALSO
kinternet, qinternet, cinternet(1), smpppd(8). AUTHOR
Arvin Schnell <arvin@suse.de> SuSE January 2004 SMPPPD-C.CONF(5)