Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Accepting mail from batch is slow Post 302977270 by RudiC on Friday 15th of July 2016 10:33:22 AM
Old 07-15-2016
What made me suspicious is the client=unknown in direct combination with the 23 sec delay. Is that a syslog excerpt? Could you post a good (full) example along with a bad one, best from the same originator?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Oracle not accepting new connections

Hi UNIX guru's, Have recently upgraded Oracle from 8i to 10g on an HP-UX (RISC) 11.11 box. At least twice a day the database stops accepting incoming connections and the following errors are observed in the various logs. The box needs to be rebooted to get everything going again. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mat_cottrell
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

e-mail is slow

The problem is between 2:00 and 5:00 PM. The email (procmail) proccess load up big time. If I do a prstat at 8:00 AM I have about 100 proccess and 30 mails in mailq. Now at 3:50 PM, I have over 1000 proccess from prstat and 600 e-mail in mailq. Some mail takes 2 hours to get out or in. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: photon
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

accepting input date

I how do i accept a input date in script which is lesser than a specified day? ex: to accept a date less than or equal to 100 days(from today).?:( Thanks for the help in advance.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Accepting A-Za-Z

Is there a way accept A-Za-z0-9 from the user from a parameter? EX. I want to take the parameter from the user even if its hEu or H3y and store it as a parameter ( $1 ) (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: puttster
18 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail too slow on solaris

Hi, I am using /usr/ucb/mail for mailing thru script. But mail reaches after 30-40 mins. What can be the reason and also how to check status and related info (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deei
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script accepting password

Hi friends, I am very new to Unix scripting and having some difficulty in my first shell script. I have written a simple shell script to upload an artifact to a remote machine on the network. echo "Uploading the artifact" scp app.war username@remotemochine.domainname.net:/home/deployables... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashdeep
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

9. Web Development

Gmail very slow to receive Sendmail/PHP Mail

Okay, I have searched the forums and couldn't really find a topic on this, so I decided to start one. But I decided to start a ncurses discussion forum recently and one thing I noticed while getting it going is that when mail is sent out via Sendmail or PHP Mail, Gmail is /very/ slow to receive it.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phobos D'thorga
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
qenable(8B)								PBS							       qenable(8B)

NAME
qenable - enable input to a pbs destination SYNOPSIS
qenable destination ... DESCRIPTION
The qenable command directs that a destination should accept batch jobs. The qenable command sends a Manage request to the batch server specified by destination. If the command is accepted, the destination will accept Queue Job requests which specified the queue. In order to execute qenable, the user must have PBS Operation or Manager privilege. OPERANDS
The qenable command accepts one or more destination operands. The operands are one of three forms: queue @server queue@server If queue is specified, the request is to enable that queue at the default server. If the @server form is given, the request is to enable all the queues at that server. If a full destination identifier, queue@server, is given, the request is to enable the named queue at the named server. STANDARD ERROR
The qenable command will write a diagnostic message to standard error for each error occurrence. EXIT STATUS
Upon successful processing of all the operands presented to the qenable command, the exit status will be a value of zero. If the qenable command fails to process any operand, the command exits with a value greater than zero. SEE ALSO
pbs_server(8B), qdisable(8B), and qmgr(1B) Local qenable(8B)