Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Modifying listener file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Modifying listener file Post 302977195 by RudiC on Thursday 14th of July 2016 03:22:43 AM
Old 07-14-2016
Is that menu displayed without any further interaction, i.e. you not entering anything? Or do you run a command on the remote host? Is that menu displayed on stdout or on stderr?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the listener port from its configuration file?

Hi folks, I'm trying to get the listener port from its configuration file (tnsnames.ora) using sed ,and I encounter difficulties. tnsnames.ora : DB10g = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = buffy)(PORT = 1521)) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

can someone help me with modifying this file

Hi, I have a file which has data kind of like this. Apr 13 08:20:38 uslis10a sendmail: m3DDKSx3006432: usliss26.ca.com Apr 13 08:20:38 uslis10b sendmail: m3DDKSoK006433: usliss26.ca.com Apr 13 08:20:38 uslis10b sendmail: m3DDKcSo006442: usliss26.ca.com Apr 13 08:20:38 uslis10c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying file from outside

hi , I have a javascript file like this: function fnValidateId(){ var array_id = new Array("444","7888","6633","555","146562","3333","33332") var tmp_id = document.form1.id.value; var num=0; while(1) { if(tmp_id ==... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying a .ksh file

Hi, i have created a simple .ksh file in the following manner cat <<EOF >mfile #!/bin/ksh echo "hello world" EOF I have 2 questions 1. now i would like to add a second line after the first echo command e.g. echo "this is line 2" how can i do that ? 2. I would then like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: corbusier
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

modifying file using script

Hi, I am new to shell programming, and want to know is it possible to change the contents of file using script? for example, if want to search 2 words and want to replace these words with 2 new words. Regards, Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying a file using SED

Dear Members, I have a file which contains data as shown below: LOAD DATA APPEND INTO TABLE xxap.test ( RAW_DATA char(3000) "replace(:raw_data,'*','|')", LOADING_SEQUENCE "xx_gl_bank_fee_s1.nextval", CREATION_DATE SYSDATE, LAST_UPDATE_DATE SYSDATE, ATTRIBUTE1 "DATE_STAMP", ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying a file?

Hi, I want to convert a file that looks like this >joe XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX >man BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSS to something that looks like this (where the spacing is tab seperated) joe XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX man BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSS I am able to do the reverse but the other... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kylle345
3 Replies

8. Infrastructure Monitoring

modifying existing file using C

Hi all, I have a snmpd.conf file as below. in "SECTION: Trap Destinations" line I want to add "trap2dest <IP>:162 <com_str>" on a new line. For this I wrote following code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> int main(void) { FILE *fp; ssize_t read_char_count = 0; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying file to 75 characters

I have a text file containing some notes and I want to limit the lines to 75 characters. Tried using fold, however fold will cut words. Need something in bash, sed or awk to do this. Find the blank space less than 75 ant cut from there (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying the header in a flat file

Hi, I need to modify the header of the flat file, can you provide me the code example: Temp.txt header: list_col1|list_col2|list_col3 data: 1|2|3 in the above header should be modified in the prescribed format(is available with me) Header: List_Col1|List_Col2|List_Col3 A... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
4 Replies
install-menu(1) 					      Debian GNU/Linux manual						   install-menu(1)

NAME
install-menu - Process a menu method and generate the menu files for a window manager or a menu-aware application. DESCRIPTION
update-menus(1) computes the list of menu entries and passes it in turn to the menu methods in /etc/menu-methods/. The task of a menu meth- ods is to generate menus for a specific window manager. install-menu provides a generic and customizable way to do that. The documentation of the install-menu definition language is available in the Debian Menu manual, a local copy being available in /usr/share/doc/menu/html. SYNOPSIS
install-menu [-vh] [--remove] <menu-method> Read menu entries from stdin in update-menus --stdout format and generate menu files using the specified menu-method. Normally used in menu method scripts as #! /usr/bin/install-menu. OPTIONS
-h,--help Show the help message and exit. --remove Remove the menu files instead of generating them. -v,--verbose Output messages about what the program is doing. COPYING
install-menu is distributed under the term of the GNU General Public License version 2, or (at your option) any later version. AUTHOR
Written by Joost Witteveen <joostje@debian.org>. Now maintained by Bill Allombert <ballombe@debian.org>. SEE ALSO
update-menus(1), menufile(5), /usr/share/doc/menu/html Debian Project 28 November 2005 install-menu(1)