Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Time setup for different date Post 302977094 by rozee on Tuesday 12th of July 2016 12:39:29 PM
Old 07-12-2016
Time setup for different date

I want to get sleep time in T variable to start my script next day 22:59:59, if start and current date are different I am not able to achieve that(which is giving negative value), so am just adding +23 hours. But if the date are same I can able to get the sleep time, how to get sleep time if the date are different
Code:
if [ $STARTDATE = $CURRENTDATE ]; then \
T=$(date +%M/%D/%Y %I:%M %p  --date="$NOW+ 23 hour")
else 
current=$(date -d --date="22:59:59)
eat=$(date -d --date="$EARLYSTART")
T=`expr $current - $eat`
fi

sleep $T

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

XDMCP setup (only one time)

I tried to connect to a Solaris computer through XDMCP (through Xnest from an RHEL 4u4 computer), but it doesn't quite work. I can login once and everything works perfectly. If I log off and try a 2nd time, I can see the login screen, and can enter the username and password, and then if they are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Claw84
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

have difficulty with setup red hat first time

I have problem with installation screen of red hat Fedora. I can't bypass the setup screen for RAID controller. My PC has Promise controller. The Redhat boot disk 1 loads the driver when the CD boots in graphic mode. however, the driver screen has no promise driver. I want to skip this step but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sito
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron Time Setup

Hi Guys, can someone help me how to setup a job in cron that runs each morning from 8-10 a.m. for every half an hour but starting from 8:50 a.m.? so far i have this: 00,30 8-10 * * * but the problem is that it starts at 8:30 instead of 8:50 Anyone? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netrom
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setup a cron job and specified the start and end time

Hi guys, How can I specify the start and end time of a cron job. And my start time and end time are specified by minutes. For example, I want to set up a cron runs every 3 minutes from 18:40 to midnight. How can i do this please? Many thanks Best regards, Clu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: clu
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Converting string date time to unix time in AWK

I'd like to convert a date string in the form of sun aug 19 09:03:10 EDT 2012, to unixtime timestamp using awk. I tried This is how each line of the file looks like, different date and time in this format Sun Aug 19 08:33:45 EDT 2012, user1(108.6.217.236) all: test on the 17th ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkkid
2 Replies

7. Solaris

modifying date and time and time zone on solaris 5.10 with (redundant server) veritas

I have a cluster of two Solaris server (veritas cluster). one working and the other is standby I am going to change the date on them , and am looking for a secure solution as it is giving an important service. my opinion is that the active one doesn't need to be restarted (if I don't change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barry1946
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding time to date time in UNIX shell scipting

I needed some help in adding a duration (in seconds) to a start time (in hhmmss format) and a start date (in mmddyy format) in order to get an end date and end time. The concept of a leap year is also to be considered while incrementing the day. The code/ function that I have formed so far is as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: codehelp04
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying current date time of EDT in IST time

Hi Folks, My server time is in EDT. And i am sending automated mails from that server in which i need to display the current date time as per IST (GMT+5:30). Please advice how to display the date time as per IST. IST time leads 9:30 mins to EDT. and i wrote something like below. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Showdown
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to setup command and varaibles one time in a server?

Hi All, Am working on several solaris server and login as root. As soon as access the server as root user, i need to type in below command/set : bash;set -o vi Is there any root profile file i can set this, so that i don't need to keep typing this command as when i access the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
1 Replies
TZ(5)								File Formats Manual							     TZ(5)

NAME
TZ - Time zone environment variable SYNOPSIS
TZ=zone[-]offset[dst[offset][,start[/time],end[/time]]] DESCRIPTION
The TZ environment variable tells functions such as the ctime(3) family and programs like date what the time zone and daylight saving rule is. The value of TZ has the POSIX standardized form shown in the synopsis. This form specifies the zone names, offsets from GMT, and day- light savings changeover times for at least the current year. zone A three or more letter name for the time zone in normal (winter) time. [-]offset A signed time telling the offset of the time zone westwards from Greenwich. The time has the form hh[:mm[:ss]] with a one of two digit hour, and optional two digit minutes and seconds. dst The name of the time zone when daylight savings is in effect. It may be followed by an offset telling how big the clock correction is other than the default of 1 hour. start/time,end/time Specifies the start and end of the daylight savings period. The start and end fields indicate on what day the changeover occurs. They must be in one of the following formats: Jn The Julian day n (1 <= n <= 365) ignoring leap days, i.e. there is no February 29. n The zero-based Julian day (0 <= n <= 365). Leap days are not ignored. Mm.n.d This indicates month m, the n-th occurrence of day d (1 <= m <= 12, 1 <= n <= 5, 0 <= d <= 6, 0=Sunday). The 5-th occurrence means the last occurrence of that day in a month. So M4.1.0 is the first Sunday in April, M9.5.0 is the last Sunday in Septem- ber. The time field indicates the time the changeover occurs on the given day. EXAMPLES
Greenwich Mean Time: TZ=GMT0 Middle European Time, 1 hour east from Greenwich, daylight savings starts on the last Sunday in March at 2 AM and ends on the last Sunday in October at 3 AM: TZ='MET-1MET DST,M3.5.0/2,M10.5.0/3' British time, daylight savings starts and ends at the same moment as MET, but in an earlier time zone: TZ=GMT0BST,M3.5.0/1,M10.5.0/2 The eastern european time zones also have the changeovers at the same absolute time as British time and MET. U.S. Eastern Standard Time, 5 hours west from Greenwich, daylight savings starts on the first Sunday in April at 2 AM and ends on the last Sunday in October at 2 AM: TZ=EST5EDT,M4.1.0/2,M10.5.0/2 It shouldn't surprise you that daylight savings in New Zealand is observed in the months opposite from the previous examples. It starts on the first Sunday in October at 2 AM and ends on the third Sunday in March at 3 AM: TZ=NZST-12NZDT,M10.1.0/2,M3.3.0/3 SEE ALSO
readclock(8), date(1). BUGS
You may have noticed that many fields are optional. Do no omit them, because the defaults are bogus. If you need daylight savings then fully specify the changeovers. West is negative, east is positive, ask any sailor. AUTHOR
Kees J. Bot (kjb@cs.vu.nl) TZ(5)