Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Tunnig scrip.sh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Tunnig scrip.sh Post 302977021 by primo102 on Monday 11th of July 2016 08:42:31 AM
Old 07-11-2016
I would like it to be homework but it is not Smilie
Yes, my mistake script has only six lines.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write this scrip

Please help me to write a program that accepts a command from the terminal displaying a shell like prompt to accept the command.If the command is logout, the program is terminated. For any other command, it forks a child process passing the command to the child, and then waits for the child to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshgngv
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sftp Scrip

I have this script but it is not working I need help, to transmit a file and rename it. #!/bin/ksh final_file="file name" ftp -nvd IP_address << ENDFTP user username password cd <folder where you want to put the file> bin mput $final_file quit ENDFTP (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HROMERO
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using cp command inside shell scrip

Hi, First i would like to say that im a unix begginer. I have a file named /tmp/sample.lst that contain about 20 rows like the following two : '/tmp/aa.txt' '/temp/aa.txt' '/tmp/xx.txt' '/temp/xx.txt' Inside a ksh script i would like to do the following task: add the cp command at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how torun an awk scrip from a web page

Hi Everyone, Can someone plz tell me how can I invoke an awk script from a web page? I would also like to pass some arguments to the script.... Thanks in advance Rachana (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rachana8p
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk scrip to remove empty field

Hi I have a file which looks like this name: Sally group: Group4 name: Tim group: Group1 name: Dan group: Group2 name: Chris group: Group3 name: Peter group: name: Fred group: name: Mary group: Group2 Well I want to get rid of the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bombcan
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash scrip segfaulting.

Hi, I've got problem with one bash scrip which can run for random time (12h+) and then segfault: clusterapp: segfault at 00007fff23100d00 rip 0000003da22426b4 rsp 00007fff23100cd0 error 6 clusterapp: segfault at 00007fff45cc3f50 rip 0000003da22426b4 rsp 00007fff45cc3f20 error 6 bash... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: columb
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to convert shell scrip to binaric command

here is a typical question for everyone ... How to convert a given shell script to binaric command along with its shell script switches. Any !dea (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghunsi
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help for scrip to monitor disk utilization

Hi, I need help to write a script which will monitor disk utilization. Please suggest the best approach to achive this. I am thinking of having sleep inside the script which will run for(eg.) 60 secs and then disk utilization will be checked and depends on the % usage of disk mail will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunilmenhdiratt
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to combine two files into one file using shell scrip

eg. file 1 has: 4 0 8628380 653253 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 8626407 655222 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 0 8633729 647892 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 0 8646253 635367 0 0 0 0 0 0 file 2 has: 4798 48717 11554 5408 56487 14359 6010 58415 15220 5541 41044... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netbanker
2 Replies

10. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with shell scrip syntax errors

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: This script will analyse the channels.txt e registrations.txt and it will allow to mage the channels and the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Demas
9 Replies
DIFF3(1)							     GNU Tools								  DIFF3(1)

NAME
diff3 - find differences between three files SYNOPSIS
diff3 [options] mine older yours DESCRIPTION
The diff3 command compares three files and outputs descriptions of their differences. The files to compare are mine, older, and yours. At most one of these three file names may be -, which tells diff3 to read the standard input for that file. Options Below is a summary of all of the options that GNU diff3 accepts. Multiple single letter options (unless they take an argument) can be com- bined into a single command line argument. -a Treat all files as text and compare them line-by-line, even if they do not appear to be text. -A Incorporate all changes from older to yours into mine, surrounding all conflicts with bracket lines. -B Old behavior of -A. Shows non-conflicts. -e Generate an ed script that incorporates all the changes from older to yours into mine. -E Like -e, except bracket lines from overlapping changes' first and third files. With -e, an overlapping change looks like this: <<<<<<< mine lines from mine ======= lines from yours >>>>>>> yours --ed Generate an ed script that incorporates all the changes from older to yours into mine. --easy-only Like -e, except output only the nonoverlapping changes. -i Generate w and q commands at the end of the ed script for System V compatibility. This option must be combined with one of the -AeExX3 options, and may not be combined with -m. --initial-tab Output a tab rather than two spaces before the text of a line in normal format. This causes the alignment of tabs in the line to look normal. -L label --label=label Use the label label for the brackets output by the -A, -E and -X options. This option may be given up to three times, one for each input file. The default labels are the names of the input files. Thus diff3 -L X -L Y -L Z -m A B C acts like diff3 -m A B C , except that the output looks like it came from files named X, Y and Z rather than from files named A, B and C. -m --merge Apply the edit script to the first file and send the result to standard output. Unlike piping the output from diff3 to ed, this works even for binary files and incomplete lines. -A is assumed if no edit script option is specified. --overlap-only Like -e, except output only the overlapping changes. --show-all Incorporate all unmerged changes from older to yours into mine, surrounding all overlapping changes with bracket lines. --show-overlap Like -e, except bracket lines from overlapping changes' first and third files. -T Output a tab rather than two spaces before the text of a line in normal format. This causes the alignment of tabs in the line to look normal. --text Treat all files as text and compare them line-by-line, even if they do not appear to be text. -v --version Output the version number of diff3. -x Like -e, except output only the overlapping changes. -X Like -E, except output only the overlapping changes. In other words, like -x, except bracket changes as in -E. -3 Like -e, except output only the nonoverlapping changes. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), comm(1), diff(1), ed(1), patch(1), sdiff(1). DIAGNOSTICS
An exit status of 0 means diff3 was successful, 1 means some conflicts were found, and 2 means trouble. GNU Tools 22sep1993 DIFF3(1)