Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers How to change values in xml file? Post 302977020 by RudiC on Monday 11th of July 2016 08:34:04 AM
Old 07-11-2016
You constantly ignore the requests to use code tags. Do you really think that helps?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting values from an XML file

Hello People, I have an xml file from which I need to extract the values of the parameters using UNIX shell commands. Ex : Input is like : <Name>Roger</Name> or <Address>MI</Address> I need the output as just : Roger or MI with the tags removed. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sushant172
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change values in Log4j.xml using ksh script

Hi, I am new to UNIX and shell scripting. I have to create a shell script(ksh) which parses log4j.xml file for a given webservice name and change the corresponding value from INFO to DEBUG or vice-versa. My log4j.xml looks like:- <!-- Appender WEBSERVICENAME--> <appender... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjeevcseng
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to change XML values with shell scripting for Network Simulation

Hello, I don't have experience in this scripting and I need some help to read a value from an XML file and change it with a random number to use in simulator for different network scenarios. </Description><sim_comm_rounds>35</sim_comm_rounds><num_clusters>1</num_clusters><Clocking> I want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: erhanasd
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to change values in XML using Python? noob help pls!

Hello I am a noob in XML and Python. I am trying to do this for my MSc project about a network simulation and need some help.... I want to change the values shown below: <num_crash_failures>1</num_crash_failures> −<crash_failure_entry> <freeze_at_slot>0</freeze_at_slot>... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: erhanasd
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract values from an XML File

Hi, I need to capture all the attributes with delete next to it. The source XML file is attached. The output should contain something like this below: Attributes = legacyExchangeDN Action = Delete Username = Hero Joker Loginid = joker09 OU =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing delta values of one xml file in other xml file

Hi All, I have two xml files. One is having below input <NameValuePair> <name>Daemon</name> <value>tcp:7474</value> </NameValuePair> <NameValuePair> <name>Network</name> <value></value> </NameValuePair> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading Xml file and print the values into the text file in columnwise?

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep some values from XML file

Dear community, I have a big XML log file containing several rows splitted by tag: <ActivityLogRecord> and </ActivityLogRecord>. An example below. What I need is read the file and extract some value from each tags and put them into one line (each line for every <ActivityLogRecord> tag). So... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
5 Replies
exfalso(1)						      General Commands Manual							exfalso(1)

NAME
exfalso - audio tag editor SYNOPSIS
exfalso [ directory ] DESCRIPTION
Ex Falso displays and edits audio metadata tags. Supported formats include MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, Musepack (MPC), WavPack, and MOD/XM/IT. This manual page is only a short reference for Ex Falso. Complete documentation is available at http://code.google.com/p/quodli- bet/wiki/Guide. OPTIONS
Ex Falso may be given a directory to open on the command line. TIED TAGS
Many places in Ex Falso allow you to use "tied tags". Tied tags are two tag names joined together with a "~" like "title~version" or "album~part". Tied tags result in "nice" displays even when one of the tags is missing; for example, "title~version" will result in Title - Version when a version tag is present, but only Title when one isn't. You can tie any number of tags together. RENAMING FILES
Ex Falso allows you to rename files based on their tags. In some cases you may wish to alter the filename depending on whether some tags are present or missing, in addition to their values. A common pattern might be <tracknumber>. <title~version> You can use a '|' to only text when a tag is present: <tracknumber|<tracknumber>. ><title~version> You can also specify literal text to use if the tag is missing by adding another '|': <album|<album>|No Album> - <title> See http://code.google.com/p/quodlibet/wiki/Guide_Renaming. BUGS
See http://code.google.com/p/quodlibet/issues/list for a list of all currently open bugs and feature requests. AUTHORS
Joe Wreschnig and Michael Urman are the primary authors of Ex Falso. SEE ALSO
http://code.google.com/p/quodlibet/wiki/Guide, http://code.google.com/p/quodlibet/wiki/FAQ February 20th, 2006 exfalso(1)