Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: POSIX compliance...
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) POSIX compliance... Post 302976956 by Scrutinizer on Saturday 9th of July 2016 02:58:53 AM
Old 07-09-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cragun
[..]
Code:
n=0
while [ $((++n <= 100)) -eq 1 ]
do	echo "process n=$n"
done

Support for pre-/postfix operators like in ++n is not a requirement in the POSIX specification.
Quote:
The arithmetic expression shall be processed according to the rules given in Arithmetic Precision and Operations, with the following exceptions:

[..]
The sizeof() operator and the prefix and postfix "++" and "--" operators are not required.
Shell Command Language:Arithmetic Expansion

I suggest using something like this instead:
Code:
n=0
while [ $(( n+=1 )) -le 100 ]
do
  echo "process n=$n"
done

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 07-09-2016 at 11:58 AM..
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sudo & Sox compliance

Hello, I am trying to convince my boss to stop allowing our users to login as root (superuser). Currently our users login to our unix server with their own account, then as needed, they will do an su and put in the root password. This scares me, for a bunch of reasons. Mainly, one is that we... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rwallaceisg
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man synopsis standard compliance

In different online sources, I found bits and pieces of information about those square and angular brackets and pipes. From what I have read, I can conclude it looks like this: 1. Options outside any brackets are mandatory 2. Options inside these < .. > are mandatory too 3. Options inside ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkleban
4 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

PCI DSS Compliance : Insecure Communication Has Been Detected

From the nessus scanner tool report i got below vulnerability PCI DSS Compliance : Insecure Communication Has Been Detected http://www.tenable.com/plugins/index.php?view=single&id=56208 As per the description given in above link - I am not able to understand How to find insecure port... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Looking for PCI Compliance tool for Redhat Lix.

Hi i am in new to Linux world . I have been assigned to a project to find out a tool that will fulfill the PCI compliance for Linux servers for Audit process. anyone have any recommendation on that. Do Rad hat have any native application or plug-ins which we can use for that. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahasuman
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Password compliance setting

I need to set password compliance for some servers in my company. However, the requirements are that we need to set different password policies for 3 different user groups within the company. These are : System Users: i.e root, etc Batch/Application Users: oracle, bscs, etc Standard User:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
0 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)