Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed to add field heards to specific fields Post 302976954 by cmccabe on Friday 8th of July 2016 04:00:15 PM
Old 07-08-2016
Thank you all for your help and explanations Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get 4 character each from 2 different fields concatenate and add as a new field

Hi, I have a huge text file. It looks like abcde bangalo country 12345 lastfield i want to get first 3 characters from field1 and first 3 characters from field 2 and insert the result as a new field. example the result should be: abcde bangalo abcban country 12345 lastfield Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajithshankar@ho
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK : Add Fields of lines with matching field

Dear All, I would like to add values of a field, if the lines match in a certain field. Then I would like to divide the sum though the number of lines that have a matched field. This is the Input: Input: Test1 5 Test1 10 Test2 2 Test2 5 Test2 13 Test3 4 Output: Test1 7.5 Test1 7.5... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerSeb
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

selecting specific fields in a file (maybe with sed?)

Hi, I have a file with following lines: chr1 10 AC=2;AF=1.00;AN=2;DP=2;Dels=0.00;HRun=0;HaplotypeScore=0.00;MQ=23.00;MQ0=0;QD=14.33;SB=-10.01 chrX 18 AB=0.52;AC=1;AF=0.50;AN=2;DP=203;DS;Dels=0.00;HRun=0;HaplotypeScore=20.01;MQ=15.63;MQ0=85;QD=12.80;SB=-1289.58 I need to extract 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: menenuh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific field on specific line sed or awk

I'm trying to update a text file via sed/awk, after a lot of searching I still can't find a code snippet that I can get to work. Brief overview: I have user input a line to a variable, I then find a specific value in this line 10th field in this case. After asking for new input and doing some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: crownedzero
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed delete a line from csv file based on specific data in two separate fields

Hello, :wall: I have a 12 column csv file. I wish to delete the entire line if column 7 = hello and column 12 = goodbye. I have tried everything that I can find in all of my ref books. I know this does not work /^*,*,*,*,*,*,"hello",*,*,*,*,"goodbye"/d Any ideas? Thanks Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chris Eagleson
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert field between two fields using awk or sed

Hi All, I am trying to insert two columns in the following text. I tried awk but failed to achieve. Highly appreciate your help DATETIME="28-Sep-2013;20:09:08;" CONTROL="AB" echo "Myfile.txt;11671;7824.90;2822.48" The DATETIME will be inserted at the beginning and CONTROL will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add value in specific field

Gents, I have many files to change increasing 40000 in specific field. Can you help me with a command with sed or awk to fix this problem. Where the the field has Marker FDU. I need to add 40000 plus example Marker FDU 27152.00 Marker FDU 67152.00 I should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing entire fields with specific text at end or beginning of field

Greetings. I've got a csv file with data along these lines: Spumoni's Pizza Place, Placemats n Things, Just Lamps Counterfeit Dollars by Vinnie, Just Shades, Dollar StoreI want to replace the entire comma-delimited field if it matches something ending in "Place" or beginning with "Dollar",... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: palmfrond
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add plus or minus to fields and split another field

In the tab-delimited input below I am trying to use awk to -10 from $2 and +10 to $3. Something like awk -F'\t' -v OFS='\t' -v s=10 '{split($4,a,":"); print $1,$2-s,$3+s,a,$5,$6} | awk {split(a,b,"-"); print $1,$2-s,$3+s,b-s,b+s,$5,$6}' input should do that. I also need to -10 from $4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine all matching fields in input but only print line with largest value in specific field

In the below I am trying to use awk to match all the $13 values in input, which is tab-delimited, that are in $1 of gene which is just a single column of text. However only the line with the greatest $9 value in input needs to be printed. So in the example below all the MECP2 and LTBP1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
sccs-sccsdiff(1)						   User Commands						  sccs-sccsdiff(1)

NAME
sccs-sccsdiff, sccsdiff - compare two versions of an SCCS file SYNOPSIS
sccsdiff [-p] -rsid -rsid [diff-options] s.filename DESCRIPTION
sccsdiff compares two versions of an SCCS file and displays the differences between the two versions. Any number of SCCS files can be spec- ified. The options specified apply to all named s.files. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -p Pipe output for each file through pr(1). -rsid Specify a version corresponding to the indicated SCCS delta ID (SID) for comparison. Versions are passed to diff(1) in the order given. diff-options Pass options to diff(1), including: -b, -c, -e, -f, -h, -u, -C number, -U number, and -D string. FILES
/tmp/get????? temporary files ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsprot | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
diff(1), sccs(1), sccs-delta(1), sccs-get(1), sccs-help(1), sccs-prs(1), sccs-prt(1), what(1), sccsfile(4), attributes(5) DIAGNOSTICS
filename: No differences If the two versions are the same. Use the SCCS help command for explanations of other messages. See sccs-help(1). SunOS 5.11 30 Jun 2007 sccs-sccsdiff(1)