Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed to add field heards to specific fields Post 302976901 by cmccabe on Thursday 7th of July 2016 07:28:39 PM
Old 07-07-2016
So does the NR == 1 store the header that is already there? Thank you Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get 4 character each from 2 different fields concatenate and add as a new field

Hi, I have a huge text file. It looks like abcde bangalo country 12345 lastfield i want to get first 3 characters from field1 and first 3 characters from field 2 and insert the result as a new field. example the result should be: abcde bangalo abcban country 12345 lastfield Please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajithshankar@ho
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK : Add Fields of lines with matching field

Dear All, I would like to add values of a field, if the lines match in a certain field. Then I would like to divide the sum though the number of lines that have a matched field. This is the Input: Input: Test1 5 Test1 10 Test2 2 Test2 5 Test2 13 Test3 4 Output: Test1 7.5 Test1 7.5... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerSeb
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

selecting specific fields in a file (maybe with sed?)

Hi, I have a file with following lines: chr1 10 AC=2;AF=1.00;AN=2;DP=2;Dels=0.00;HRun=0;HaplotypeScore=0.00;MQ=23.00;MQ0=0;QD=14.33;SB=-10.01 chrX 18 AB=0.52;AC=1;AF=0.50;AN=2;DP=203;DS;Dels=0.00;HRun=0;HaplotypeScore=20.01;MQ=15.63;MQ0=85;QD=12.80;SB=-1289.58 I need to extract 4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: menenuh
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific field on specific line sed or awk

I'm trying to update a text file via sed/awk, after a lot of searching I still can't find a code snippet that I can get to work. Brief overview: I have user input a line to a variable, I then find a specific value in this line 10th field in this case. After asking for new input and doing some... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: crownedzero
14 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed delete a line from csv file based on specific data in two separate fields

Hello, :wall: I have a 12 column csv file. I wish to delete the entire line if column 7 = hello and column 12 = goodbye. I have tried everything that I can find in all of my ref books. I know this does not work /^*,*,*,*,*,*,"hello",*,*,*,*,"goodbye"/d Any ideas? Thanks Please... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chris Eagleson
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert field between two fields using awk or sed

Hi All, I am trying to insert two columns in the following text. I tried awk but failed to achieve. Highly appreciate your help DATETIME="28-Sep-2013;20:09:08;" CONTROL="AB" echo "Myfile.txt;11671;7824.90;2822.48" The DATETIME will be inserted at the beginning and CONTROL will... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add value in specific field

Gents, I have many files to change increasing 40000 in specific field. Can you help me with a command with sed or awk to fix this problem. Where the the field has Marker FDU. I need to add 40000 plus example Marker FDU 27152.00 Marker FDU 67152.00 I should... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing entire fields with specific text at end or beginning of field

Greetings. I've got a csv file with data along these lines: Spumoni's Pizza Place, Placemats n Things, Just Lamps Counterfeit Dollars by Vinnie, Just Shades, Dollar StoreI want to replace the entire comma-delimited field if it matches something ending in "Place" or beginning with "Dollar",... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: palmfrond
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to add plus or minus to fields and split another field

In the tab-delimited input below I am trying to use awk to -10 from $2 and +10 to $3. Something like awk -F'\t' -v OFS='\t' -v s=10 '{split($4,a,":"); print $1,$2-s,$3+s,a,$5,$6} | awk {split(a,b,"-"); print $1,$2-s,$3+s,b-s,b+s,$5,$6}' input should do that. I also need to -10 from $4... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine all matching fields in input but only print line with largest value in specific field

In the below I am trying to use awk to match all the $13 values in input, which is tab-delimited, that are in $1 of gene which is just a single column of text. However only the line with the greatest $9 value in input needs to be printed. So in the example below all the MECP2 and LTBP1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies
RpcHdr(3I)						    InterViews Reference Manual 						RpcHdr(3I)

NAME
RpcHdr - header for remote procedure calls SYNOPSIS
#include <Dispatch/rpchdr.h> DESCRIPTION
An RpcHdr enables an RPC request to be sent or received. To send an RPC request, you would insert an RpcHdr into an rpcstream followed by any arguments and then flush the rpcstream if you wanted the request to be sent immediately. The rpcstream automatically fills in each RPC request's length field. To receive an RPC request, you would extract an RpcHdr from an rpcstream and examine the ``request()'' member to determine which additional arguments need to be extracted as well. You can examine the ``ndata()'' member too if you need to estimate how much space to allocate. CONSTRUCTORS
RpcHdr(void* writer, int request) RpcHdr(int request) RpcHdr() Construct an initialized header for an outgoing RPC request (first two constructors) or construct an uninitialized header for an incoming RPC request (third constructor). To initialize the header, you'll have to store the request's protocol number. You can also store the address of the writer sending the RPC request if you want to route the RPC request to a specific reader on the peer's side. PUBLIC OPERATIONS
unsigned long reader() int request() unsigned int ndata() Get information about the RPC request. ``reader()'' identifies the reader which should handle the RPC request. ``request()'' iden- tifies the action that should be performed. ``ndata()'' gives the number of data bytes following the header, which may be useful for estimating the amount of space that must be allocated to store an argument. SEE ALSO
RpcReader(3I), RpcWriter(3I), rpcstream(3I) InterViews 27 March 1991 RpcHdr(3I)