Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep from file modified one minute ago Post 302976853 by bakunin on Thursday 7th of July 2016 07:15:27 AM
Old 07-07-2016
You haven't said what you need that for, but i suppose you want to process "incoming" files somehow and want to prevent processing them twice.

In this case, wouldn't it be easier to move the files once they are processed? You wouldn't need to diddle with time stamps and complicated calculations and could adapt something like the following (sketch)

Two directories: /some/where/incoming and /some/where/processed, files go into "incoming"

Code:
while : ; do
     ls /some/where/incoming | while read FILE ; do
          process_file $FILE
          mv $FILE /some/where/processed
     done
     sleep 5
done

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to retrieve original contents of a modified file (modified using vi)

Made changes to a file using vi editor and saved those changes now realised that the changes are not required How can I get the previous version of the file.i.e the one which was there on which I had made changes (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: novice100
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files which are modified few mins ago

Hi All, I have a requirement to find out the files which are modified in the last 10 minutes. I tried the find command with -amin and -mmin options, but its not working on my AIX server. Can anyone of you could help me. Thanks in advance for your help. Raju (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajus19
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for modified time

is it possible to come up with a list of files that are modified before a certain number of hours only using the grep command? ex. list files that were modified less than 10 hours ago i've only managed to list files that were created on the same day, i can't seem to figure out how to work... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: momo.reina
3 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

Grep for modified time

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: is it possible to come up with a list of files that are modified before a certain number of hours only using the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: momo.reina
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

list of files modified 10 hours ago using grep

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Here is the question: Make a list of files in your home directory that were changed less that 10 hours ago,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fight4love
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process file every minute

Hey guy's, How can I schedule this script using AWK, what I require is it runs every minute as new data will be added to the file? And I need to capture these data and save it to the output file. I tried using sleep 1 to allow the file to be processed but is not working. awk ' ... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: James_Owen
35 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Take minute per minute from a log awk

Hi, I've been trying to develop a script that performs the parsing of a log every 1 minute and then generating some statistics. I'm fairly new to programming and this is why I come to ask if I can lend a hand. this is my log: xxxx 16/04/2012 17:00:52 - xxxx714 - E234 - Time= 119 ms.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockx
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find files modified in previous minute only

Hi, How can I get files which are modified only in last minute ? it should not display 2 minutes back filels -la -rw-rw-r-- 1 stuser st 51 Dec 3 09:22 a.csv -rw-rw-r-- 1 stiser st 50 Dec 3 09:25 b.csv -rw-rw-r-- 1 stuser st 53 Dec 3 09:33 c.csv When I run command at 9:34am then I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbjv
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to add those that have the same minute in a file

Hi All, Need your help on how i can sum up the values. I have a file that contains the count and the time. I wanted to add up all the first column having the same datestamp. Please see below. INPUT 1721 2015-12-26 00:01 1440 2015-12-26 00:02 1477 2015-12-26 00:02 411 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ernesto
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but less than 5 days ago?

How to find a file that's modified more than 2 days ago but was modified less than 5 days ago by use of any Linux utility ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
4 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Insets - Space between things DESCRIPTION
Graphics::Primitive::Insets represents the amount of space that surrounds something. This object can be used to represent either padding or margins (in the CSS sense, one being inside the bounding box, the other being outside) SYNOPSIS
use Graphics::Primitive::Insets; my $insets = Graphics::Primitive::Insets->new({ top => 5, bottom => 5, left => 5, right => 5 }); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Graphics::Primitive::Insets. Instance Methods as_array Return these insets as an array in the form of top, right, bottom and left. bottom Set/Get the inset from the bottom. equal_to Determine if these Insets are equal to another. left Set/Get the inset from the left. right Set/Get the inset from the right. top Set/Get the inset from the top. zero Sets all the insets (top, left, bottom, right) to 0. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" SEE ALSO
perl(1) COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2010 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2010-08-21 Graphics::Primitive::Insets(3pm)